IGNORED

Harry Potter Book 8 - The cursed child

caszandra

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. (OK. I'm excited, but trying to contain it.) 

When Harry Potter came out, I was a fanatic. I got into it when GoF came out, and anxiously awaited each new installment. I did the online forum/community thing. I (embarrassingly) wrote a couple of fanfictions, though I didn't really like much of what I read from other people. I was disappointed with each and every film. I LOVED the HP books so much. My copy of PoA ended up in pieces. 

However, I HATED HATED HATED that epilogue. I can't even express how much I hated it. It's SO SO SO bad. I felt betrayed. I felt like Harry had changed, that everything about him was a lie. I felt disgusted. I felt embarrassed about my HP love. 

I also really dislike JK Rowling. It took her 10 years to get the books accessible on electronic devices because of her love of paper? How could she not know or believe about the benefits that E-Books have for people with bad vision or dexterity? And I still can not legally purchase the GOOD versions of the audiobooks in the states, although I can finally get the put-me-to-sleep versions through audible. Not that that is her fault. Also, Pottermore. WTF happened with that? So annoying. 

I'll still buy it. I might love it. I might hate it. I just don't care about Harry's kids. They were introduced in an epilogue. I want more stories about established characters, from JKR, and not hidden in some puzzle site that has since been replaced with something that I can't navigate. 

Archived