IGNORED

Mandatory Fitness

refugee

4 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

If y'all need it, I know of a really innovative & acclaimed lymphedema program near me. A lot of people travel to it. Shoot me a PM if you need the info.

Thanks FF.  I will do that if I can finally get an actual dx.  I'm slightly miffed that NONE of my drs thought of that given the quality of medical care that I have.  I often have to basically self-diagnose and then go to one of them with my thoughts to get them into action, which is a bit annoying, but at least when I do have a theory they are willing to explore it, as they all know I do a lot of research.

I see both my pain dr. and wound dr. Thursday so hopefully I'll get some kind of progress at that point.

I think part of the current issues is that this stupid wound will not heal (well it is healing, but at a snail's pace) and that can cause issues which are similar to other issues and it's hard to separate them.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Fitbit One.  Sometimes I don't have a problem hitting 10,000 steps.  Other days I can barely get 2,000 steps in.  To hit 10,000 steps in a day I often have to go to the gym and spend at least 45 minutes on a treadmill or stationary bike.  During warmer weather I can walk around the farm to get up to 10,000 steps.

In high school physical education was such a misery for me that I didn't want to go anywhere near a gym or fitness center for a while after getting out of high school.

For my bachelor's they didn't really require most students take any sort of physical education classes.  They had pretty good fitness facilities available but I just never availed myself of them while I was in school.

This would be a nightmare for me. I can't wear anything around my wrists without my hand tingling. I've had this all my life. I've never been able to wear bracelets and only wear gloves when the cold out ways the terrible tingling sensation that anything around my wrists causes.

On 2/7/2016 at 9:32 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I also live in an area with a large population of Mormons. Years ago, I could usually pick out the missionaries who came through the fast food drive thru where I worked. Their orders of fruit punch and root beer were one tip off. I never did point out that our Barq's root beer was caffeinated. :my_biggrin:

I asked one of my Mormon friends about this, and she said many Mormons know this, and can claim plausible deniability.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2016 at 6:10 PM, Jingerbread said:

I'm in a heavily Mormon area.  Soda with caffeine is a no-no, but a lot of Mormons allow themselves this single small luxury that even Terri Maxwell deprives herself of.

Via the internets:

On August 29, 2012, the LDS church posted a statement on its website saying that "the church does not prohibit the use of caffeine" and that the faith's health-code reference to "hot drinks" "does not go beyond (tea and coffee)."

A day later, the website wording was slightly softened, saying only that "the church revelation spelling out health practices ... does not mention the use of caffeine."

Archived