IGNORED

Jill, Derick, and Israel Part 12

Boogalou

14 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

I thought just the opposite, that they were planning on being there longer.  

Considering that last year they made such a show (literally) of going to Darkest Central America and then proceeded to fly home all the damn time, I was genuinely surprised that they actually stuck it out as long as they did.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I think that's an old picture.

Yeah. It's possible it's a new photo, but I remember photos of them in the same outfits. I wouldn't be surprised if they are heading back, but I wouldn't call this proof.

The site that posted the picture isn't even Derrick and Jills site... it's a fan site. A few weeks prior they posted a picture of Jill VERY pregnant.

I'm almost positive that's an old picture.

2 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

I apologize if this is already posted somewhere else but I just saw this: 

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1111419/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-arkansas-visit

Looks like Jill and Derick are back already, what do y'all think of that?

Humanitarian work? So that's what they call it. :shakehead2:

Whether she's pregnant or not, I think the Zika virus is a totally legitimate reason to come back considering that if she's not pregnant she probably will be soon. NWA has a lot of Spanish speakers so they can still practice their Spanish skills! Somehow I doubt they'll do much of that, though.

Personally, I think they should stay.  I mean, they chose to be missionaries, they should stick to their commitment.  If that means they need to take necessary precautions against getting pregnant, then that's what they should do.  But imagine if every missionary ran for the hills every time something potentially threatening happened? There would be no missionaries.  If this scares them off, then they really shouldn't call themselves missionaries to begin with and they should think of a new career path.

(While I am being semi-serious, I don't actually think what they are doing counts as missionary work to begin with, so it's kind of a moot point anyway. I think that it would be better for the people they work with if they left, because I am sure that the Central Americans are tired of their constant badgering, but then they can hardly be missionaries if they did that. So my point is that if they want to pretend to be missionaries, than they should stay the course.)

Humanitarian work? That is a good laugh. So that is what it is being called this week. I don't think Jill ever realized what it would be like to live away from her family. In a country where no one gives a crap who she is or who her daddy is. I don't think she ever fully unpacked her bags and was ready for any reason to jump on a plane and come home.

I don't know if they are home. I feel like they are and I feel like they have been. That is the silence on their social media. They aren't where people think they are and they are too stupid to post without using any "look at us" pictures.

We know there has been some filming and I don't think Jill will let any of that occur without her being a part of it. She is not going to let her sisters get more attention than she gets. Period. I feel we have seen that she is overwhelmed by her life choices. If she comes/goes home she will get the reinforcement she seems to crave that she is doing every thing right.

If Jill is/may be pregnant i do think she should leave El Salvador. That doesn't mean Derek has too though. He can stay and continue their very important mission work. Jill has a big enough family that can take care of her, and some time apart will do both of them the world of good. Jill is way too clingy and they must be spending 24/7 together. It's just part of the sacrifice you have to make when you want to save the world from Catholicism.

8 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

The site that posted the picture isn't even Derrick and Jills site... it's a fan site. A few weeks prior they posted a picture of Jill VERY pregnant.

I'm almost positive that's an old picture.

it's from their farewell.  duggarfamilyblog posted in it oct 2015, so it's at least that old. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/10/dillards-farewell-more-pics.html

15 minutes ago, unforgiving said:

If Jill is/may be pregnant i do think she should leave El Salvador. That doesn't mean Derek has too though. He can stay and continue their very important mission work. Jill has a big enough family that can take care of her, and some time apart will do both of them the world of good. Jill is way too clingy and they must be spending 24/7 together. It's just part of the sacrifice you have to make when you want to save the world from Catholicism.

Sacrifice and Duggar/Dillard in the same sentence, not happening.

11 hours ago, unforgiving said:

:giggle: I see Jill as the kind of wife who knocks on the bathroom door all "babyyyyyyy what's taking so loooong in there!"

No way is she going to "let" Derek stay in another country without her there to hold his hand.

57 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Jill and Derick are in Guatemala not El Salvador. I know its not a big thing, but its not that difficult.

OK, I’m confused. Admittedly I don’t keep up up with all the posts here but I thought it wasn’t really clear where they are now. They were in Guatemala for language training but now they are being very vague about their location. I thought the speculation was El Salvador because of the SOS newsletter that mentioned their official appointment to a new mission and someone found something linking it to El Salvador. I thought the common consensus was that they are not in Guatemala anymore. Beyond that we really can’t be sure where they actually are, only just speculate. Maybe I missed something though.

I think the poster upthread who said Jill is out of her element in a place where her family is not known was right. She said she wanted to be a missionary but her experience of that always consisted of those SOS tours with her family, where they basically just showed up en masse with all of the family that was old enough to go and made a big deal of how  godly they were. Then they passed out bibles and candy and painted fingernails. She has no idea when it comes to relating to people who are not exactly like her  and her parents have certainly not modeled compassion and empathy with regard  to less fortunate people.

I see them returning to the US very soon, if they haven't returned already.
I wonder if staying would jar them into reexamining their belief system a bit. Seeing babies born with microcephaly (sp?) and having to decide, do we really expect people to just trust God through this health crisis? Or do we accept that in situations like this, using condoms and avoiding pregnancy in the interim is in the best interest of public health? 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Jill and Derick are in Guatemala not El Salvador. I know its not a big thing, but its not that difficult.

Could you source that? Thanks.

Well, I hope they take SOME kind of action. I do not want to see their next child born with a severe birth defect. Come home. Return the donations. Find a Catholic church to convert. Or, better yet, Derick get a good job and help out in local homeless shelters or food banks. Oh, I forgot......Jeebus.....sorry. 

Why!?  Why is she not painting her own friggin nails while he watches Izzy (who seems to be walking now)?  Nothing these people do makes sense!  :my_huh:

The situation with the Zika virus won't cause Jill to change her way of thinking with regard to birth control. She has never shown any evidence of being a deep thinker. She has had a pretty charmed life so far. Even the problems with Israel's birth didn't seem to have any lasting impact. She will follow in her mother's footsteps and remain convinced that God will keep  her from harm. As far as what's in the best interest of   public health, they are not there for that.  They are there to tell the other Christians (Catholics)  that  they are doing it wrong and they will have to change if they expect God to bless them. And I just have to  say, these Fundy girls have such low expectations for their men. If having your husband paint  your nails makes him such a great husband, mine has sure been wasting his time for the last thirty-five years. All mine has ever done is go to work every day, encourage me to finish college and get a good job,  provide a nice home, and support me while I cared for both my parents until their death. Just think of all the effort he could have spared himself if he had known that was all it took. Sure am glad nobody told him.

58 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

da6822bf9bbe374a370c6df74fecf8d6.jpg

Welp, I think we all know this is foreshadowing an official announcement pretty soon...

That is exactly what I thought when I saw this on Instagram. Bc wasn't that why Derrick had to paint her nails in jessas wedding episode, bc she was pregnant and couldn't reach?

Aren't you supposed to wait 2 years after a c section before trying to get pregnant? If she is, it will be less than 2 years before giving birth, let alone getting pregnant. Still, Jesus will make everything OK.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived