IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

I always thought Josiah resembled Jinger and Josie the most, but with that extra 50 pounds or so, he looks like Josh. Poor kid. 

I'm probably not the greatest at judging age but I'm surprised Lauren is a teenager. She looks like the same age as Jana and Krista in that photo. 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2018-01-17 at 11:54 PM, Iamtheway said:

I find it so weird that they are being this obvious without an announcement. The do understand that Australians have internet and that that internet is the same internet as the one in the rest of the world, right?

I’m thinking they’re purposefully putting the announcement on hold to drum up as much speculation, and publicity, as possible. The Joken and Jinjer pregnancy announcements didn’t result in a lot of publicity and they must remember how much talk there was about The Dills and Benessa before those courtships were announced, and the rumored relationship between Jana and Tim Tebow. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Duggars thought this approach would work best, not realizing that the reason it worked in the case of Jill and Jessa was that those were the first courtships in the family for several years.

Josiah has an Instagram story up with a picture of 2 females in the background, don't know how to capture . I think one of them may be Lauren. If it is he may be doing the slow reveal like Carlin did with Evan.

Is it possible that the Duggar skip the courtship announce and go straith dir the engagement? Or do something like Alyssa Bates Webster and do a very brief courtship phase? Maybe this is why they are waiting to announce...don't know 

I think the only reason why they are still waiting to announce officially is that Si's first courtship failed. They probably only announce it when the engagement has already happened (June wedding?).

The Duggar kids are getting married at high speed it seems. Since June 2014 5 kids got married. And it's not even been 4 years since then, so that's less than a year between marriages on average. Counting Josh's marriage in 2008, 6 Duggar kids got married within 9 years. That's about Michelles birth rate...a new kid everything 16 or so months.

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

The Duggar kids are getting married at high speed it seems. Since June 2014 5 kids got married. And it's not even been 4 years since then, so that's less than a year between marriages on average. Counting Josh's marriage in 2008, 6 Duggar kids got married within 9 years. That's about Michelles birth rate...a new kid everything 16 or so months.

Mrs. Bennet would be proud. 

3 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Mrs. Bennet would be proud. 

"A house in town! Everything that is charming! Three daughters married! Ten thousand a year! Oh, Lord! What will become of me? I shall go distracted."

20 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I think the only reason why they are still waiting to announce officially is that Si's first courtship failed. They probably only announce it when the engagement has already happened (June wedding?).

Well, if you assume most of them get marries around the same age, it makes sense that they go exactly at Michelle's birth rate ;-)

Sadly, I dreamed about SiRen last night - specifically:  Lauren's wedding dress on a hanger, photos of bridesmaids, photos of the venue. 

At least it was a pretty dress. But it only had spaghetti straps so it's 99.99999999999% not going to be the real dress. lol

I see the Duggars are working to marry off another kid. Yikes. 

And wow...she looks a lot like Amy!

8 minutes ago, NanisBlessing said:

Pickles has a post up, stating that SiRen have been courting since January 6th.....

January 6th?! I mean, I'm not surprised, but in another way I'm endlessly surprised that these people never seem to learn from their past mistakes. Courting for like a week and they're taking her to Australia and having her sign her name with his? Unless they're following the Bates pattern of being "special friends" and only starting to court when they already know for sure they're getting engaged, in which case courtship is just pre-engagement. It sounds like they were only talking long distance before this, though. Insane.

And Pickles continues to be ridiculous. "Jana thinks the Caleb Williams thing was hilarious. Of course she does because it was never true and it makes the tabloids look bad. I hope Jana appreciates me for not repeating the rumor. ;)" Lady, please. I'm pretty sure Jana doesn't give a single flying fuck about you.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

January 6th?! I mean, I'm not surprised, but in another way I'm endlessly surprised that these people never seem to learn from their past mistakes. Courting for like a week and they're taking her to Australia and having her sign her name with his? Unless they're following the Bates pattern of being "special friends" and only starting to court when they already know for sure they're getting engaged, in which case courtship is just pre-engagement. It sounds like they were only talking long distance before this, though. Insane.

And Pickles continues to be ridiculous. "Jana thinks the Caleb Williams thing was hilarious. Of course she does because it was never true and it makes the tabloids look bad. I hope Jana appreciates me for not repeating the rumor. ;)" Lady, please. I'm pretty sure Jana doesn't give a single flying fuck about you.

I can not comment on Pickles page anymore.......she obviously can not handle criticism very well.....

1 minute ago, NanisBlessing said:

I can not comment on Pickles page anymore.......she obviously can not handle criticism very well.....

She can't handle it at all. The entire page exists for the purpose of stroking her already over-inflated ego. Which is fine, because it's her page. Mostly I just ignore her completely because I find her annoying, but I do have one real beef with her: she portrays herself as being 'in-the-know', having tons of 'inside sources' and all the 'inside information', and she's actually often wrong. She's posted erroneous or flat out fake info multiple times, but she'll never own up to it. She'll just block anyone who doesn't worship her and keep tooting her own horn and acting like she's the source for all Duggar news on the planet. In reality, occasionally she gets lucky when someone who happens to have an actual crumb of information decides to message her with it.

(For anyone wondering if I'm bitter because I've been blocked or called out by Pickles, I haven't been; I've never commented on her page or had any kind of interaction with her. Just years of watching the sideshow.)

On 1/21/2018 at 8:34 AM, eveandadam said:

The Bontragers have won that fundie contest though. They had four marriages between Sept and December of 2017. I hope they get at least a year long break before anyone else gets married.

I would think. Jed and Jer are only 19 and hardly able to start providing for  a wife and Tator tots. The girls get married that young because they are expected to be supported by  their husbands. 

10 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I would think. Jed and Jer are only 19 and hardly able to start providing for  a wife and Tator tots. The girls get married that young because they are expected to be supported by  their husbands. 

Not really... half of these guys don't seem remotely able to support a wife and the inevitable deluge of tater tots when they get married. Ben Seewald was still a teen when he got married. Both Josh and Josiah were teenagers when they started their first courtships. 

I think Jed and Jer will start courting in another year or so. They both seem like they are ready to get out of that house, and sadly that's the only way out. 

Whether they are able to support their own family seems to have little to do with anything. 

Other bits of info provided by Pickles that I found interesting:

• Lauren is 18  and she'll be 19 in May.
  • Lauren's mom is expecting her 9th kid around the same time as Joy

I hope this time the courtship is successful for Josiah's sake, he seems to be the one Jim Bob cares about least. I doubt they have only being officially courting since the start of January, given what happened with Marjorie, they are going to make sure it is steady before announcing anything, I see engagement in a few weeks followed by a Summer wedding and a pregnancy announcement before Christmas. 

TheAshley is reporting that SiRen had been communicating long distance for a little while before entering the courtship.

5 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

TheAshley is reporting that SiRen had been communicating long distance for a little while before entering the courtship.

I'm not sure what TheAshley is, but that's what Pickles reported (based on her anonymous 'source', though I have no reason to doubt it - the info provided sounds legit enough).

I hope for Josiah's sake that this one works out. There aren't very many fundies with two failed courtships on their records.

I'm expecting an announcement this week. They'll be back from Australia and New Zealand. And if we are to believe Pickle's source and the Duggars are publicly talking about her and her family, they obviously don't care about keeping it a secret anymore. I honestly think that they're telling the truth. From what I can tell, there's stuff that goes on before they announce, such as the video announcement that TLC does. They might also be trying to get theses details sorted. They supposedly started courting January 6. The family left to Australia on the 11/12. There was probably not enough time to get everything done.

I'm still sticking with my August wedding prediction. Pregnancy announcement in December and SiRen1 will be born in June.

2 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

I'm still sticking with my August wedding prediction. Pregnancy announcement in December and SiRen1 will be born in June.

Sounds likely to me. I might even speed it up a bit and say June wedding, September pregnancy announcement, April baby.

31 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not sure what TheAshley is, but that's what Pickles reported (based on her anonymous 'source', though I have no reason to doubt it - the info provided sounds legit enough).

I hope for Josiah's sake that this one works out. There aren't very many fundies with two failed courtships on their records.

Oh, sorry, I posted that really quick before running out.  TheAshley is a reality tv gossip blog that seems to have a lot of sources in the reality TV world.  Her source for her SiRen info, though, seems to be from a press conference the family did while in NZ.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived