IGNORED

Steve Maxwell & Jim Boob Duggar

Justme

We know they are what some would call friends and the Maxwell's have been at recent events such as Jill's wedding. Do you think Stevie is feeling the "heat" now that Boob had married off 2 daughters?

Boob seems to want his kids to marry and is actively searching for spouses for them.

Tic toc, Stevie, tic toc...

Steves heart is colder than ice. The only thing that will melt it will be the heat when his body is cremated. Unfortunately I do not believe in Hell, because if it were real I truly believe he deserves to be there for the way he has mistreated his children. There are forms of abuse beyond beating your children.

The difference is that Jim Bob seems to want his kids to be happy, especially the girls. Steve doesn't care about his kids happiness because joy is not an acceptable emotion. We snark on the Duggars but at least there are signs of life there. The Maxwells were raised to be robots. All personalities are exactly the same in Maxwell Land. Nothing about the woman differentiates them. The Duggars all have obvious personality differences. Steve seems to only be concerning with increases his army of robots through his sons.

I seriously doubt Steveovah is feeling any pressure because the Duggar kids are getting married. He's got his own ideas that he feels he's completely right about. I always thought that Steveovah topped JB in the control freak department. Though they do have one thing in common: both will ensure that any kid's spouses will give themselves into their realm of control. You will have no separate life; you will completely integrate in the family borg.

There are forms of abuse beyond beating your children.

Quite true and we see many forms of it from so called godly / good people who think they are great parents because they do not engage in obvious abuse such as physical and verbal. One doesn't have to follow the Pearls to be abusive. But keeping your kids sheltered, completely within your control, no friends, no real education because you cannot bear for your children to engage with anyone on the outside plus control what they hear / see at all time, heck even other family is considered to be "on the outside", with the results of completely stunting them and wasting their potential, while they wither away all the while you consider yourself the greatest parent ever and everyone is doing it wrong. Yeah, that's abuse too.

Despite the fact that he used Jim Bob to help promote his book, I have no doubt that Steve considers him to be a lesser-than. First, there's the TV show. Second, there's the TV show. Third, there's the TV show. Fourth and everything after, well…Jim Bob's just not doing it right. They have fun. The daughters dress immodestly by Maxwellian standards. The kids aren't quite the pious little automatons they should be. They're not spending every waking minute in Bible study or doing make-work. Nope, Jim Bob ain't got nuthin' on Steve.

I called Steve out for mentioning 19 Kids and Counting on the book cover when he listed Jim Bob as having written the forward to Buying a Home Debt Free, given that he views TV as the downfall of mankind, and that by doing so he was being self-serving and hypocritical. He made some lame excuse that he was promoting the man and his "ministry," not a TV program. When I pressed him further, he chose not to answer but instead took offense at a Marcus Aurelius quote I had in my email, just like he has a bible quote in his. I did, however, just notice that the book cover no longer says "19 Kids and Counting." Fucking weasel.

Boob wrote a forward to Buying a Home Debt Free, yet he lets his own kids marry without purchasing a house. Could you imagine how long Jessa would have had to wait if Ben were required to have a home debt free???

(Living in Gma Duggar's house isn't the same.)

I think if other fundie families are measuring themselves against the Duggars, they'll feel justified until the day Jana leaves the house.

Well the one obvious thing is......there likely won't be a Duggar-Maxwell marriage. Oh, I do wonder one interesting thing. The Maxwells were at Jill and Derick's wedding, Josiah's graduation, etc, but have the Duggars been at any of THEIR things? They posted about some going on retreats or a family weekend or something, DURING the weekend of Joseph and Elissa's wedding! So they weren't there.........I wonder if they were invited to what would've been Joseph and Elizabeth's wedding. We'll never know.

And Teri sat with Grandma Duggar, who has a famous saying of "show me your friends and I'll show you your future". And if you show her NO friends? I could see her saying "you're gonna have a very lonely future".

I don't know if Steve feels the pressure. I have to agree that Jim-Bob seems to want his kids to have fun, while Steve does not.

When it comes to parenting daughters, Jim Bob is fucking Father-Of-The-Year compared to Steve. Steve doesn't feel any heat because the Duggar girls are marrying, Steve doesn't feel much of anything except fear and simmering rage.

Steve is a legend in his own mind. The Duggars have fun, that's sinning. Steve will never let poor Sarah marry at least Jana has a chance.

I think Jim Bob is less worried about his kids having fun than he is about ratings, and there are only so many times they can feature "the big giant family goes to Aldi's" or "The big giant family goes to the dentist" so to keep viewers they have to have fun, usually fun that without the income from the show, they could never afford to have.

I think Steve Maxwell has two uses for ppl (all ppl, fundie or no): firstly, to buy his shit,and secondly,to make Steve feel superior about himself.

When Steve/God decides it's time for his daughters to marry,those girls will marry (and if Steve/God can't find 'godly' men, then it's obviously not the right time). I'm sure it's pretty safe to say that the decision will have everything to do with Steve and nothing to do with JB or any other Duggar. I wouldn't put it past Steve to privately slut shame the Duggars privately and use them as an example of compromise and slipping standards.

I would like to know how much JB paid to buy Steve though. There must have been some benefit for Steve to have shilled someone else's product. I'm certain he didn't do it just because he felt convincted to share such a godly cause.

Steve is a legend in his own mind. The Duggars have fun, that's sinning. Steve will never let poor Sarah marry at least Jana has a chance.

Agree!!

I would like to know how much JB paid to buy Steve though. There must have been some benefit for Steve to have shilled someone else's product. I'm certain he didn't do it just because he felt convincted to share such a godly cause.

I think it's more the other way around... Steve knows that most of his fanbase doesn't shun The Beast, and that having something from the Duggars on his book cover will make it sell.

I think Jim Bob is less worried about his kids having fun than he is about ratings, and there are only so many times they can feature "the big giant family goes to Aldi's" or "The big giant family goes to the dentist" so to keep viewers they have to have fun, usually fun that without the income from the show, they could never afford to have.

To this point, I think they're also starting to loss that schtick as well, considering it's now "sister-mom takes older, well-behaved kids to the dentist" instead of "harried mother takes eleventy toddlers".

I think it's more the other way around... Steve knows that most of his fanbase doesn't shun The Beast, and that having something from the Duggars on his book cover will make it sell.

Which is why I told him it was self-serving and hypocritical. He danced around the issue in his first response and when I asked him to address it directly, he got pissy. Now that the TV reference seems to be gone from the cover, I wonder if anyone else called him on it too.

Steve vs Boob is the classic example that you can always find someone who is even worse than someone else.

Both men are similar in some ways: they are in a cult where they make the rules mostly themselves, they are both arrogant and think very highly of themselves, they ruthlessly manipulate other people into buying their brand and stuff and they both harm their children considerably with their fanatic ideology.

Having said that, Boob is a much better father and husband than Steve. Boob doesn't seem to mind if his daughters find happiness and marry, as long as it's with a person he approves of. But that is still much better than Steve's credo that no man will ever be good enough for his little girls, even if that means that they will never be able to built their own family and live their own life. Steve, in this regard, is a much bigger egomaniac control freak than Boob.

I can also imagine that Steve thinks that the Duggars are a lazy, chaotic and messy family who sold their godly values for the tv show. But seriously, the Maxwells have "only" 8 children. I sometimes wonder how they would have managed with 19. I highly doubt that they would have been able to force all 19 in their robotic schedule.

Which is why I told him it was self-serving and hypocritical. He danced around the issue in his first response and when I asked him to address it directly, he got pissy. Now that the TV reference seems to be gone from the cover, I wonder if anyone else called him on it too.

I did. He said something to the effect of "Thank you for sharing your opinion," and stopped responding.

Is there a thread about the Maxwells being at Jill's wedding? I don't remember seeing it.

The big difference that jumps out at me is that there is definitely something mentally wrong with Steve. He is paranoid and registers to me as a Narcissistic Personality. He has book learning over JB, I'll give him that, but I find Steve a bit frightening while JB just comes across as a good ole boy with shrewd instincts. I sometimes worry that Steve will decide to end it all and take half of his family with him.

The big difference that jumps out at me is that there is definitely something mentally wrong with Steve. He is paranoid and registers to me as a Narcissistic Personality. He has book learning over JB, I'll give him that, but I find Steve a bit frightening while JB just comes across as a good ole boy with shrewd instincts. I sometimes worry that Steve will decide to end it all and take half of his family with him.

I am sorry to have to agree with you there. Steve really and truly scares me. He has been shaping up as a potential family annihilator as his crazy has been intensifying the last decade. That family is a tragedy in waiting. :(

I am sorry to have to agree with you there. Steve really and truly scares me. He has been shaping up as a potential family annihilator as his crazy has been intensifying the last decade. That family is a tragedy in waiting. :(

I would not be surprised to see a news headline about "Family man, son, mother and two daughters dead in murder/suicide" with comments like "Surviving brother says it must be a terrible accident, but onlySteve God knows what truly happened. They are in a better place now. Do you know what place you will go to when you die?"

I would not be surprised to see a news headline about "Family man, son, mother and two daughters dead in murder/suicide" with comments like "Surviving brother says it must be a terrible accident, but onlySteve God knows what truly happened. They are in a better place now. Do you know what place you will go to when you die?"

Maxhell could turn into a miniature Jonestown.

Archived