IGNORED

Maxwell Aunties' Tea

ncb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melanie actually said she got to visit her sister out of state! Would we say she's the lucky one?

I read that. Glad she was able to see her sister.

Wait, wait, wait. Time out.

On the Aunties tea post, there is a pic off Abby writing a list of what she is thankful for: mom, dad, food, brother, sister, aunties, grandma, grandpa and then something down the side I can't read. Flash forward to blog post and now all of sudden she is "Thankful for being a Christian?" Yeah, no prompting at all there :roll:

It says "uncles" on the side. But yeah, she came up with her family, but now she's thankful for being a Christian. :roll:

I also noted that Nathan said he was thankful for his workout buddies, but those are only Jesse and John. I wonder why not Christopher and Joseph.

John didn't mention Jesus or being saved either, only prayer.

I know full well that he's just as brainwashed as the others but I'm choosing to exercise a little confirmation bias and interpret it as a touch of rebellion.

I had the exact same reaction!

It says "uncles" on the side. But yeah, she came up with her family, but now she's thankful for being a Christian. :roll:

I also noted that Nathan said he was thankful for his workout buddies, but those are only Jesse and John. I wonder why not Christopher and Joseph.

OK, going to go jump on the ISB for a bit of a joyride.....

Despite what Steve-O claims about his kids being BFFs, I've always have had this feeling that that Nathan and Christopher are not that close. I can only imagine in a patriarchal household the first born son, probably has quite a place of honor and it wouldn't suprise me if that has led to some animosity between the two eldest Maxwells. Based on what Sarah (who is just a typist for Steve) puts on the blog, there has always been much more about Nathan, particularly his businesses ect. It wasn't until Christopher started spawning grandbabbies did he start to have any place on the blog, and most posts about him, are just about the kids. No promotion of his photography business on the website, but eleventy billion on Nathan's 1 Ton Ramp. I've also kind of seen the same thing with the reversal boys. Joesph, the eldest reversal, seems to have a place of honor, and is much more featured than John, and one would also be hard pressed to know that Jesse even exists.

Despite what Steve-O claims about his kids being BFFs, I've always have had this feeling that that Nathan and Christopher are not that close. I can only imagine in a patriarchal household the first born son, probably has quite a place of honor and it wouldn't suprise me if that has led to some animosity between the two eldest Maxwells. Based on what Sarah (who is just a typist for Steve) puts on the blog, there has always been much more about Nathan, particularly his businesses ect. It wasn't until Christopher started spawning grandbabbies did he start to have any place on the blog, and most posts about him, are just about the kids. No promotion of his photography business on the website, but eleventy billion on Nathan's 1 Ton Ramp. I've also kind of seen the same thing with the reversal boys. Joesph, the eldest reversal, seems to have a place of honor, and is much more featured than John, and one would also be hard pressed to know that Jesse even exists.

Hmm, interesting thoughts. I have always felt that Christopher and Joseph had a bit of a chip on their shoulders. Perhaps that was due to 1) Christopher's dislike of feeling inferior to his older brother and 2) Joseph feeling superior to his younger siblings. The attitude could have drawn Nathan, John and Jesse together.

Also of note is that Drew has received a lot less blog time than Joshua did at that age, and continues to do. Simultaneously, Ruthanne receives a lot less time than Nathan's girls and Joshua did.

It could be nothing, but could be evidence of some odd dynamics. It's hard to say - their blog is an image of who they want people to think they are, not who they actually are.

Am I the only one to see a touch of rebellion in Melissa? She's grateful her child survived, and she survived, and she got to escape for a short while. Nothing about god, stevehovah or her husband.

But didn't Christopher used to write the blog? The CCS posts pre marriage to NR-Anna are from Christopher. I think he is also involved with the 'Ramp as well. I would bet the featuring of Joseph was to advertise him for a wife, sort of like how Reversal Anna took center stage and Mary is becoming more prominent. I bet we will see more of the younger j-boys now that Joseph is married off.

The lack of mention of the photo business is weird though.

So were they all instructed to be thankful for something goofy this year, aka cabbage, polka dots, bacon, etc or did they do this on their own?

I had to laugh at Christina saying she was thankful for the Germ-X because when I asked my 2.5 year old what he was thankful for he said the vacuum and milk (the two things he saw first).

Chris could also have asked to not be frequently mentioned in the blog. He may want more privacy for his family. I don't read into "blog time" to have any meaning.

So were they all instructed to be thankful for something goofy this year, aka cabbage, polka dots, bacon, etc or did they do this on their own?

I had to laugh at Christina saying she was thankful for the Germ-X because when I asked my 2.5 year old what he was thankful for he said the vacuum and milk (the two things he saw first).

Much like all their "action shots" of daily living, everything is posed and controlled. I mean really, who is thankful for cabbage and polka dots?

Such weird lists. I'm shocked how little of the traditional mentions of family are included on there. I mean most people I know include their families especially parents mentioning their children. Steve and Teri don't mention their children or grandchildren necessarily. I mean Steve mentions the number 11 and Joshua and Teri homeschooling (which I took to mean I'm FINALLY almost finished!) but no just saying their children and grandchildren or even a generic family. Nathan doesn't mention his children at all and Melanie only mentions Drew. Christopher mentions both his children but not his wife. And NR Anna only mention the unborn. A lot of the other things just seem weird for the Maxwells. I mean aren't they practically begging Steve to take things away because they're becoming idols by being thankful for caffeine, cookie dough and hiking?

Such weird lists. I'm shocked how little of the traditional mentions of family are included on there. I mean most people I know include their families especially parents mentioning their children. Steve and Teri don't mention their children or grandchildren necessarily. I mean Steve mentions the number 11 and Joshua and Teri homeschooling (which I took to mean I'm FINALLY almost finished!) but no just saying their children and grandchildren or even a generic family. Nathan doesn't mention his children at all and Melanie only mentions Drew. Christopher mentions both his children but not his wife. And NR Anna only mention the unborn. A lot of the other things just seem weird for the Maxwells. I mean aren't they practically begging Steve to take things away because they're becoming idols by being thankful for caffeine, cookie dough and hiking?

At the top of the post they state that they're all thankful for Jesus, family and God's word. I'd like to think this means they all independently (in Maxhell? As if) came up with those three things and so whoever wrote the blog post consolidated them to avoid too much repetition, but it's more likely that Stevehovah decided they were all thankful for those things.

Okay thanks I skipped that part. Still they mention God in it then go on to talk about God in their individual responses but very few mention family members.

I'm going to guess that the things like cabbage and polka dots is to show us how lighthearted they really really are. I'm sure there was much giggling over how 'wild' the lists were this year.

I do hope John's was complete rebellion!

I mean aren't they practically begging Steve to take things away because they're becoming idols by being thankful for caffeine, cookie dough and hiking?

Perhaps that's why they aren't really vocal about what they like :(

Perhaps that's why they aren't really vocal about what they like :(

Perhaps that's why cabbage is included? In hopes that Steve will say "that's it no more cabbage". It's so very sad to think that Steve could take away things just because they like/enjoy them.

So John is secretly wishing to be a vegetarian (psst John, there's much better veg food than mush burritos) and Sarah loathes polka dots?

On Nathan's list he stated 'my chickens'. I thought they were Abby's.

The white background behind Sarah, Mary & Joe and Elissa bugs me because they're all wearing white.

The white background behind Sarah, Mary & Joe and Elissa bugs me because they're all wearing white.

Abby is just the one who cares for the chickens. Nathan is their headship.

John is thankful for friends. I wonder if he actually has any? I bet he does, and is Steve able to handle it?

He is friends with Jon Demcak, who is engaged to a funky, outgoing beautician.

Run, John, Run!

Maybe they don't mention the photography much because they don't want backlash for their obvious discrimination.

Well, if any of the rest of them take photographs like Christopher that is nothing to brag about.

They blend into the background, like good Godly women should! :roll:

Archived