IGNORED

Maxwell Aunties' Tea

ncb

Sara just posted on a tea they had with the ABC girls. It struck me as so sad. In any other family it would be perfectly fine but, when you consider the aunties' lives you are reminded that these little girls are the closest thing they have to friends. I also realized that Mary is closer in age to Abby than she is to Sarah and thus is perhaps Mary's closest age playmate besides reversal Anna. Also, I wonder if Abby got scolded for not having "God" at the top of her thankful list!

I'm assuming tomorrow's post will include thank you lists for the rest of the Maxwells. Any guesses as to what they're thankful for???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stevehovah always comes first in Maxhell.

The sad thing is, many of them will say "my pastor" and actually mean Steve.

The last few days, I had been wondering why they haven't done a post on their annual ladies luncheon. It's always in November, but attendance has been going down every year since they started it.

Then they posted this and it made me think that this is probably their annual ladies luncheon and no one was willing to come this year.

The sad thing is, many of them will say "my pastor" and actually mean Steve.

The last few days, I had been wondering why they haven't done a post on their annual ladies luncheon. It's always in November, but attendance has been going down every year since they started it.

Then they posted this and it made me think that this is probably their annual ladies luncheon and no one was willing to come this year.

Or maybe the open house for Joseph and Elissa was all the worldly exposure they could handle for one year.

Good grief, are they going to start saying "A, B, and C" instead of "Abby, Bethany, and Christina" - just like they say "the sweet D family" in their conference posts?

Yes, Sarah. A straw does work well for consuming a liquid. That's why people have been using them to consume beverages for hundreds of years. :roll:

And of course Joshua had to miss out because he's a boy. Steve probably expects him to start working soon.

BTW, has Steve ever said how his kids find work? Most people who are self-employed find jobs via their network of friends. But the Maxwell chidults aren't allowed to have friends.

I love the expression on the little girl in the third picture down. Go you! My own childhood self would be right there.

That's Christina, isn't it? She is getting huge already! Time certainly flies...

Is coffee allowed?

Oh yeah. And they report frequently on who in the family takes it black and how amazing that is!

For laying it on Dad and Mom's heart to have a reversal.

Love this one!! I know it's the Maxwell's but am I the only one that thinks its weird the younger kids know about the reversal.

Yes, Sarah. A straw does work well for consuming a liquid. That's why people have been using them to consume beverages for hundreds of years. :roll:

41AT2AKb%2BBL._SX300_.jpg

I really haven't been keeping up with FJ. NR-Anna is pregnant AGAIN? Dang that woman has some Duggar level fertility.

Also, re: their thankfulness posts, I'm shocked there are so many mentions of chocolate. Double shocked that Sarah knows what mint M&MS are.

I really haven't been keeping up with FJ. NR-Anna is pregnant AGAIN? Dang that woman has some Duggar level fertility.

Also, re: their thankfulness posts, I'm shocked there are so many mentions of chocolate. Double shocked that Sarah knows what mint M&MS are.

She's probably allowed to have one M&M a day, if Stevehovah grants permission. Anything more than that is gluttony.

She's probably allowed to have one M&M a day, if Stevehovah grants permission. Anything more than that is gluttony.

My sister in law used to give my twin nieces an M & M for each successful trip to the toilet during potty training.

My sister in law used to give my twin nieces an M & M for each successful trip to the toilet during potty training.

one for pee, two for poop. Works like a charm, especially when candy is something of a novelty.

I have to say this year's lists were a bit more interesting than usual. Of course God&Jesus are on top of everything AND of course their Earthly Lord And Godly Pastor Stevus as well (just as people predicted here...). But there are some interesting things, too. Like "cabbage". Really, Joe? You are thankful for your amazing wife, and then cabbage, too. Whatever. And John is thankful for "green plants", whatever that means :obscene-smokingweed: And notice that John doesn't mention coffee (without any sweeteners, of course) but "caffeine". Isn't that against all that Stevus teaches about addiction? Maybe if they did not get up at 4.30 am then they would not have to rely on caffeine all day long. Something to think about.

I was shocked by "caffeine" too! Is he taunting his poor mother who was made to give up Pepsi as punishment for being depressed?

John is still the family rebel!

John didn't mention Jesus or being saved either, only prayer.

I know full well that he's just as brainwashed as the others but I'm choosing to exercise a little confirmation bias and interpret it as a touch of rebellion.

John didn't mention Jesus or being saved either, only prayer.

I know full well that he's just as brainwashed as the others but I'm choosing to exercise a little confirmation bias and interpret it as a touch of rebellion.

He has had little to no opportunity to not be brainwashed.

Wait, wait, wait. Time out.

On the Aunties tea post, there is a pic off Abby writing a list of what she is thankful for: mom, dad, food, brother, sister, aunties, grandma, grandpa and then something down the side I can't read. Flash forward to blog post and now all of sudden she is "Thankful for being a Christian?" Yeah, no prompting at all there :roll:

Archived