IGNORED

Christopher and NR Anna preggo with #3/ New Maxwell MERGED

ncb

I thought it was interesting a commenter on the blog asked if Anna Marie or Melanie could write some blog posts since lots of their fans are mommies in the "season" of lots of little kids to raise. You mean their fans that are all about marriage and pushing out babies would like to hear from someone other than a single, childless, stay at home daughter? Something for Steve to think about...

Also, to the person who posted it: what does changing his Smalls mean?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called it when Reversal Anna was carrying a wailing RuthAnne on the hike.

NR Anna's what, 26? The could easily get into the low teens.

Anna was 24 when she was married, and Chris was 31-32. They were married in Oct 2010, so they will be celebrating their 4th anniversary next month. So, that means Anna will be 28. If I remember correctly, Anna's birthday is in the spring, so she will deliver #3 shortly before or after her 29th birthday.

I hope Anna does take a break between kids. She seems like a sweet girl. It's really sad she can't talk to her own family.

Why doesn't she talk to her own family? Just because it's not in their blog doesn't mean they don't talk or see each other. Her parents FB page (public) had a picture of Anna as a bridesmaid for her brothers wedding (after Joshie but before Ruthie.)

I thought it was interesting a commenter on the blog asked if Anna Marie or Melanie could write some blog posts since lots of their fans are mommies in the "season" of lots of little kids to raise. You mean their fans that are all about marriage and pushing out babies would like to hear from someone other than a single, childless, stay at home daughter? Something for Steve to think about...

I think it would be great if NR Anna and Melanie wrote some blog posts, but they are mere extended family so Steve will probably veto it.

Not the person who wrote it, but smalls = underwear. It may be a UK/Australian expression.

Smalls mean?= undies

Why yes, I do believe that is a baby frumper. Clearly Ruthanne has reached the age where legs are considered defrauding....

I think Sparkles said it best. When it comes to babies, for folks like the Maxwells it is quantity over quality. If NR Anna keeps putting out kids once every 1-2 years, what will happen when it comes time to "educate" them all, spend time with them? There are only so many hours in a day. My grandma came from a mega family, 1 of 16 (would have been 1 of 21 if you count still borns and infant deaths). She was the 2nd oldest, and eldest daughter. She raised her siblings. She once said something about that her siblings see her more as a mother than a sister, even to this day.

Or Melanie, if she and Nathan keep trying to fill their quiver. Melanie has tough pregnancies, it takes away time from the 4 kids she has, and possibly take all of her time away. They just don't seem to care about that. It is all about MORE BABIES!!

I think for fundie women, another pregnancy is how they feel they've accomplished something, it's how they get attention, it's their job. Not just the pregnancy but the nursing and the caring, it's who they are, it's their identity the way someone else might be a lawyer or a dentist. They are mothers. They get ahead in their career by popping more out, each one like a promotion.

I think for fundie women, another pregnancy is how they feel they've accomplished something, it's how they get attention, it's their job. Not just the pregnancy but the nursing and the caring, it's who they are, it's their identity the way someone else might be a lawyer or a dentist. They are mothers. They get ahead in their career by popping more out, each one like a promotion.

Agree!!

Why doesn't she talk to her own family? Just because it's not in their blog doesn't mean they don't talk or see each other. Her parents FB page (public) had a picture of Anna as a bridesmaid for her brothers wedding (after Joshie but before Ruthie.)

I know the last name is Hamilton, but what are her parents' first names? I'd like to check out their FB page!

Yes, it really shows how little Steve understands about marketing and his audience's interests that he doesn't realize having more of a fundie mommy-blog element would get a lot more attention than the uneventful and unrelatable (for both fundies and non-fundies alike) life of a 32-year-old SAHD. Heck, I'm single and childless and I'd rather read entries from NR-Anna and Melanie about their lives as pregnant moms with so many little kids.

I understand that Sarah, Anna, and Mary are the ones who actually have the time to work on the blog, but it would probably behoove the floundering family business not to advertise quite so much that even with their schedules and their lack of TV and public schools, they have completely failed at having their eldest daughters achieve what is, in their world, the ultimate and only goal in life.

Just read the new baby announcing post. And I agree it's very rude that Chris and NR Anna continued the rattle tradition. I have no way of knowing for sure, but if Nathan and Melanie didn't do it again it's probably because it was a painful reminder of Sussanah. C & A could have found many other ways to make their own traditional announcement.

Just read the new baby announcing post. And I agree it's very rude that Chris and NR Anna continued the rattle tradition. I have no way of knowing for sure, but if Nathan and Melanie didn't do it again it's probably because it was a painful reminder of Sussanah. C & A could have found many other ways to make their own traditional announcement.

Who am I kidding. No one in this family can come up with their own ideas.

I agree with this! For Anna, getting pregnant again so quickly, not only affirms her "job" credentials, it's like a raise and a fast promotion from "above." No wonder she glows!

Also, did anyone else notice that Sarah mentioned visiting "friends" on the first stop of their trip? Courting going on?

Who am I kidding. No one in this family can come up with their own ideas.

Expect an upcoming chapter in the Moody books, where Ma and Pa Moody give their children rattles as presents when they go on what some might call a vacation to CO to feed the chipmunks and climb a 14er.....

Wow I didn't know Anna Marie's sister Sarah was adopted.

I seem to remember seeing that somewhere on here! Then I also read it on her parents page.

Re: the baby frumper

I don't see anything wrong here. It's lovely to have a little girl and put her in girly stuff, especially after having a boy. (Several boys in my case.) I use to put my daughter in a plain coloured onesie then put frumper style dresses over the top if we were going out.

The problem comes if she is trying to crawl or stand and is getting tangled in her skirt. For the moment, I am going to give Anna the benefit of the doubt and say she is just enjoying dressing up her daughter for the photos.

All right I just thought of this and maybe this is wildly inappropriate but... The whole dad is the leader even when you are 30 thing...it could create an environment where whatever dad says and does isn't questioned, which could lead to abuse. I'm just sayin, that's scary.

Re: the baby frumper

I don't see anything wrong here. It's lovely to have a little girl and put her in girly stuff, especially after having a boy. (Several boys in my case.) I use to put my daughter in a plain coloured onesie then put frumper style dresses over the top if we were going out.

The problem comes if she is trying to crawl or stand and is getting tangled in her skirt. For the moment, I am going to give Anna the benefit of the doubt and say she is just enjoying dressing up her daughter for the photos.

Having had a boy and a girl I have to say dresses are much more practical on a baby before they're mobile. Once my daughter was crawling I switched to leggings etc but she's currently (at three and a half) insisting on a pretty dress EVERY DAY. She still manages to ride her bike/climb trees and so on. The sad difference is that even as a toddler she has more choice over her clothing than Sarah Maxwell who's the same age as me!

Dresses are way easier when potty training too. My two year old has been skirts only for months. Im tempted to do the same if I ever had a baby boy.

Dresses are way easier when potty training too. My two year old has been skirts only for months. Im tempted to do the same if I ever had a baby boy.

That's the way it used to be, probably still is in many places in the world. I have a lot of family photos from the 1800's and early 1900's...all the baby boys are in gowns and what look like little dresses until they appear to be about age 2-3.

And sorry not sorry, Ruthie is the baby bomb in that little jumper with that crazy hair going on. I need to cuddle her for a bit. :D

Archived