IGNORED

Christopher and NR Anna preggo with #3/ New Maxwell MERGED

ncb

I understand the 'reassuring' morning sickness. I had no other pregnancy symptoms and before a bump appeared the sickness reassured me I was still pregnant! I was worried about something going wrong which I don't think is uncommon. I wish her well but I hope she continues to manage.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Anna did home births, does she get prenatal care at a hospital or clinic? I was always reassured by ultrasounds or hearing the baby's heart beat over feeling sick.

I at least appreciate the Maxwell's announcements are after the first trimester lately, better then Jill Duggar at 6 weeks.

Seems to me like if anyone ever wants to reach Michelle's numbers they need to start in their teens and have a set or two of twins. Sadly this probably means Melanie will start trying again soon too.

Kelly Bates started having kids in her early 20s and she doesn't have twins. Anna Marie will probably have 10-12.

I know Anna did home births, does she get prenatal care at a hospital or clinic? I was always reassured by ultrasounds or hearing the baby's heart beat over feeling sick.

I at least appreciate the Maxwell's announcements are after the first trimester lately, better then Jill Duggar at 6 weeks.

My sickness was before I had any ultrasounds or heard the heartbeat, it was literally the only thing that made me know the pregnancy was progressing! I'm giving them a pass on that one. One year is a very small gap. Ok as a one off but if she keeps up that rate her body will never have a chance to recover.

Edited to put my comment under the quote, not in it!

Remember, in Quiverfull marriages you don't "Try" to get pregnant since you never withhold sex and you never use any form of b.c. Now I do occasionally wonder what the Q.F. marriage record is for a "headache" that allows a husband to be considerate and not request action with his wife for say....a month? year? 5 years? After all many a Catholic marriage of old became platonic of necessity....you have to wonder.

One of you sharp FJers called this on seeing the hiking photos-- said you saw something about her face that looked fuller, etc? Congratulations on your mad skillz! Looks to me like NRAnna is going for the Kelly Bradrick Achievement Award. :shock:

She had a belly, wasn't sure if it was pregnancy or just a food one.

I take it she did not follow the biblical rule of waiting 80 days for sex after birthing a female child (IIRC? 66 days + 14 d/t menses?)

Funny - DH and I were just talking about this last night. Docs always tell new moms to take "pelvic rest" for 6-8 weeks after delivery but they rarely take that entire time, although if you ask any pregnant woman she'll say "hell yes, I'm waiting that long." Docs will often say that she CAN have sex sooner, but they say 6-8 weeks to give mom a break and ensure no quick pregnancies.

Isn't it wonderful that according to Sarah, Anna has had "reassuring" bouts of morning sickness that have not been confined to morning. Sarah goes on to say, Anna is "grateful" for that. Huh? Steve's rule: all family members must always be "grateful for everything.

Actually, morning sickness is reassuring. Studies show it correlation between early morning sickness and successful pregnancy.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/hot- ... nancy.html

What does Sarah's sign off, "Sarah for the rest" mean? I've never seen that phrasing before.

I also doesn't get the title. Is it an allusion to "what's a rock without a roll?" Very secular, if so.

What does Sarah's sign off, "Sarah for the rest" mean? I've never seen that phrasing before.

I also doesn't get the title. Is it an allusion to "what's a rock without a roll?" Very secular, if so.

Sarah is trying for hipness- selfie, SYNERGY (wtf?), and now rock without roll. Keep trying, Sarah.

That was pretty quick. I know there was some speculation she was on the thread about the thread about their annual "what some might call a vacation". Apparently, Anna Marie and Christopher gave Steve a rattle for his birthday, which is their way of announcing pregnancies.

I'm surprised since it took them a year to conceive Joshua and another year to conceive Ruthanne. This baby will only be about a year younger than Ruthanne.

Ruthanne and her future sibling being only a year apart isn't so unusual. My dad and his sister were one year and one week apart, then their youngest sister was born four years later. What is scary by the time this kid is born Chris and NRAnna will have 3 kids under the age of three and only married just under 4 1/2 years.

How long do you think Anna will be able to maintain her glowing peace and contentment? Unless she's the best actress/faker in the world, she genuinely enjoys her children and the fundie life. Do you think this will last through ten more kids?

She has the aunties to help, she seems to believe very strongly in her destiny...but a ton of super close kids and a husband that probably doesn't help at all must make it hard. Do we know any fundies who were super happy and content and capable with their blessings until... I don't think Michelle's 7 kid laundry breakdown counts, because I'm sure she had issues before that.

I take it she did not follow the biblical rule of waiting 80 days for sex after birthing a female child (IIRC? 66 days + 14 d/t menses?)

Funny - DH and I were just talking about this last night. Docs always tell new moms to take "pelvic rest" for 6-8 weeks after delivery but they rarely take that entire time, although if you ask any pregnant woman she'll say "hell yes, I'm waiting that long." Docs will often say that she CAN have sex sooner, but they say 6-8 weeks to give mom a break and ensure no quick pregnancies.

Really? The only, and I mean the only reason I had sex at the 6 week mark was because I had been on pelvic rest my entire pregnant so it was about 44 weeks since we had sex and I felt a bit bad for my husband. And the sex was so horribly uncomfortable I cried.

I figured most women waited as well.

I'm impressed by her obvious fertility. I assume she's still nursing RA and certainly was nursing when she conceived this one. I know it's possible, but I don't think it's terribly common if you are exclusively BFing and to conceive so soon after giving birth. I kind of wonder if this one wasn't so planned as the other two.

But, she does seem to always appear genuinely radiant about her position in life, and living on the compound will provide her with lots of help with her littles.

I can kind of understand it, if her pregnancies and deliveries are somewhat easy for her. When the baby is brand new and you're in that glow of accomplishing it that you want to start a new baby right away. On some level i suppose a new mom's body wants to keep the hormone levels high and not experience the recovery slow-down and transition, i guess. At least, it was like that for me both times, even after a c-section. Completely senseless, i know, but that's how it was. Not so much the making-a-baby part, ouch lol, just the being pregnant part. Then the exhaustion and recovery and breastfeeding every couple of hours hits full force and it smacks you back to your senses. But when the baby's just a week or so old you don't want it to end. I wanted to keep seeing my OBGYN, keep baby dreaming, keep feeling kicks, keep getting positive attention for being pregnant, use the other names we'd put on our list, go through another shower and another round of happy visits from family after the baby arrives. It's some kind of delusional relief response after labor is over, i guess. :D Maybe these quiverfull moms dive back into it then and call the physical toll it puts their body through a "sacrifice for the kingdom". I sure wouldn't want to go through all of that in rapid succession. Can't imagine never fully recovering. No wonder a lot of fundie wives are into supplements and those after-delivery abdominal support bands. Ouch.

Really? The only, and I mean the only reason I had sex at the 6 week mark was because I had been on pelvic rest my entire pregnant so it was about 44 weeks since we had sex and I felt a bit bad for my husband. And the sex was so horribly uncomfortable I cried.

I figured most women waited as well.

I definitely waited longer than six weeks both times. Most of the women in my child birth class waited at least six weeks too.

My stepbrother's wife got pregnant pretty quickly while exclusively breastfeeding. Their two are 13 months apart. Nothankyou.

I definitely waited longer than six weeks both times. Most of the women in my child birth class waited at least six weeks too.

My stepbrother's wife got pregnant pretty quickly while exclusively breastfeeding. Their two are 13 months apart. Nothankyou.

I am 4 weeks postpartum and will admit that I tried having sex with my husband last night. It was a BAD idea. I thought I was okay because I *felt* really good and healed...yeah, not so much. It'll be awhile before I try again after that.

Add me to the list of people that had no problems waiting six weeks. I mean if you feel ready before then that's great but I wasn't in a rush especially after my first when I had more tearing.

I'm surprised since it took them a year to conceive Joshua and another year to conceive Ruthanne. This baby will only be about a year younger than Ruthanne.

To be fair, I think the only reason they took so long to conceive Joshua was because it probably took them about a year to start having sex. (I can't say I blame them).

To be fair, I think the only reason they took so long to conceive Joshua was because it probably took them about a year to start having sex. (I can't say I blame them).

I've always thought that, too.

I hope you're right. I've always felt really bad for these fundie brides who barely know the man they marry, and yet are expected to have sex with him on their wedding night. It seems like Anna and Christopher only saw each other a couple of times, always supervised. I feel like she was expected to sleep with a complete stranger right after the ceremony. I'd like to think a man was patient enough to wait a while. But, these are men who are taught to take what's theirs when it comes to sex, so who knows.....

Archived