IGNORED

Found this gem - "Monstrous Regiment of Women"

onlysaneperson

She also says she used to go into schools and encourage contraceptive use, which somehow increases abortions. She says “I knew, if I went into a school, the pregnancy rate would increase by 50%. I knew if I could get a girl sexually active, that she would have 3-5 abortions between the age of 13 and 18, and that was actually our goal.â€

Does this just scream "BULLSHIT" to anyone else?

:liar:

Does this just scream "BULLSHIT" to anyone else?

:liar:

I believe that "BULLSHIT" is Carol Everett's middle name.

On the last part now. Holy shit is all I got.

"When my daughters walk into a room, I want them to communicate virginity…" - funny, that. I don't have any children, but if I do have daughters, I'd like them to communicate… let's see here… Intelligence. Aptitude. Good manners. Politeness. Kindness towards others. Confidence. Self-esteem. Appreciation for others. A good sense of humor. Good sportsmanship. Good friendship. Selflessness. Rational, well-argued opinions on important topics of the day. The LAST thing I want my hypothetical daughters to be at ANY age is a walking hymen.

:angry-banghead: :cray-cray: :wtf:

ETA: I work in a completely male-dominated environment/field. My immediate supervisor is a guy. He's happily married to a super-smart wonderful lady, and they have a two-year-old girl. He tells us that they "argue" over which Ivy she's going to attend, and when I suggest she may actually want to major in poli sci like we all did, he rolls his eyes and insists she's going to be the creator of the next hadron collider because she has to grow up to be smarter than him and better at everything. Their family makes my heart sing :mrgreen:

16:54 --> How are public schools, Social Security, and Medicare considered "anti-family practices"?

Because it's much better for everybody concerned when you are totally at the mercy of your family, whether it's schooling, you get sick or lose your job. :penguin-no:

On the last part now. Holy shit is all I got.

"When my daughters walk into a room, I want them to communicate virginity…" - funny, that. I don't have any children, but if I do have daughters, I'd like them to communicate… let's see here… Intelligence. Aptitude. Good manners. Politeness. Kindness towards others. Confidence. Self-esteem. Appreciation for others. A good sense of humor. Good sportsmanship. Good friendship. Selflessness. Rational, well-argued opinions on important topics of the day. The LAST thing I want my hypothetical daughters to be at ANY age is a walking hymen.

You hoyden, you.

I also have no children, but have taught thousands. In 40+ years, it has never remotely occurred to me to think of little kids in those terms. I've thought about their brains, their ears (teaching music), their feelings, their coordination, and the myriad other things a teacher considers to do her job.

Oh, and I always notice how cute they can be -- it's a perk of the job. :D

The only time the issue of their sexual knowledge and experience might have come up is in the awful situation of suspecting abuse and needing to report it. Come to think of it, having parents who insist she "seem virginal," (and, no doubt, enforce it with spanking and guilt-mongering), would mask the signs of a child being sexually abused. Great. :evil-eye:

I wonder what McDonald thinks when she sees little boys? Do they also have to "communicate virginity," or is it all about strength, mastery, leadership, etc. with little men?

:angry-banghead:

Here is an article calling Carol Everett out on her bullshit.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/ ... -movement/

LOVED this comment on the article (which is about abortion providers performing abortions on women who aren't pregnant- just go with it, too much analysis hurts the brain)

With all the contracepting we’re doing, it’s impossible to be pregnant all the time. And what’s a girl to do when she’s really in the mood for an abortion but the sperm has taken out a restraining order on the egg? Luckily doctors dressed like mad scientists at your local abortuary will be happy to give you a mockbortion. Though, much like a non-alcoholic cocktail, it doesn’t have that zing that a real abortion has but it’s nice that they have us pre-pregnant ladies in mind.

Archived