IGNORED

Bike Helmets Work as Kendal Stays Silent

SheWhoIsObeyed

https://theconversation.com/bike-helmet ... tive-13935

What a surprise. Bike helmets work.

The risks of severe head injury were more than five times higher in cyclists not wearing a helmet compared to helmeted ones, and more than three times higher in motorcyclists not wearing a helmet at the time of injury.

Severe head injuries were defined as any with significant brain haemorrhage, complex skull fracture or brain swelling.

Some 70% of such patients end up on a ventilator in intensive care units; many patients with severe head injuries are left with permanent brain damage.

It’s estimated that each new case of severe brain injury costs Australia A$4.5 million.

Kendal's been silent since she pooh poohed bike helmets for her kids and then suffered the consequences of such utter stupidity. Blog is gone and nary a FB post since March.

The article is written by one of the authors of the actual study which can be found here. https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2013/198 ... ment-costs

Not breaking links to actual news source and study

I miss Kendal.

Or probably what I mean is I miss knowing what horrors she visited on her children, now one can only imagine. Which is scary.

What happened with Kendel? I've been busy and must have missed something.

She stopped blogging a few months back IIRC. She announced it on her blog. The speculation here on FJ was that she quit blogging because they are trying to adopt.

Okay, thanks! The "suffered the consequences of such utter stupidity" made me think that something horrible happened.

Okay, thanks! The "suffered the consequences of such utter stupidity" made me think that something horrible happened.

Same here - was there an accident after she poo-pooh'd helmets?

Archived