IGNORED

RIP Andy Griffith

RandomTrivia

Sad, sad day. He lived at the Outer Banks, and was frequently seen at local business. He always had time to chat. He was also pretty much the symbol of North Carolina. He loved living there, and it's very fitting that he was buried on Roanoke Island.

I learned the news from my uncle's Facebook status. I couldn't believe it. The Outer Banks is all about the Lost Colony, dunes, lighthouses, and Andy Griffith.

I loved Andy Griffith. I remember watching the AG show as a child, when it was originally aired before re-runs (showing my age there a bit). It wasn't til years later that I realised it was so good because no one was ever mocked or made fun of in order to get a cheap laugh. Everyone was treated with respect, from Barney Fife to Floyd the barber to Goober at the 'fillin' station.'

I'm sure Andy wasn't perfect, but he was as close to a real gentleman as you'd ever find in Hollywood, or anywhere else, for that matter. Rest in peace, Mr Griffith. :cry:

My daughter came over for a while today and said that Andy Griffith reminded her of my dad who has also passed away. TV Land showed a mini marathon of TAGS and will be showing a mamathon this Saturday and Sunday in his memory. TCM will also be airing A Face in the Crowd late tomorrow evening at 1:45 AM and again on the 15th, I think, at 8:00 in the evening. Interestingly, the showing tomorrow evening was already on the schedule as part of TCM's guest programmer lineup.

My daughter came over for a while today and said that Andy Griffith reminded her of my dad who has also passed away. TV Land showed a mini marathon of TAGS and will be showing a mamathon this Saturday and Sunday in his memory. TCM will also be airing A Face in the Crowd late tomorrow evening at 1:45 AM and again on the 15th, I think, at 8:00 in the evening. Interestingly, the showing tomorrow evening was already on the schedule as part of TCM's guest programmer lineup.

If people haven't seen A Face in the Crowd, I highly recommend it. Andy Griffith does a masterful job.

Archived