IGNORED

Let's hook Sarah up with an Arndt

clibbyjo

OK, there are enough of them around her age. Someone who is a regular Arndt commenter needs to send them a message" God laid it on my heart to mention the Maxwell blog" and in particular single Sarah. Steve wants God to drop down and give him a man, but it looks like the Goddesses need to make it happen.

I am considering becoming a fundie matchmaker ,but I'm not fundie so there is that...

Yes, and Rebecca too!

I just really think that the Arndt's would appreciate her and she would love the family.

Paul or Luke for Sarah (Luke's younger; would Steve go for that?) and Jude for Rebecca.

Somehow, I think Mama Arndt is as radical as Papa Maxwell. No way any female will ever have sex with her boys.

Would Steve allow Sarah to marry into a family that plays sports? Didn't he pull Nathan and Christopher out of baseball? I have always thought that Sarah would do well in the Arndt family, and since there's so few girls she wouln't even have to change her first name (a la Anna Marie).

Another thought would be to have a group wedding of some of the older 7 Sisters and the older Arndts. 7 Brides for 7 Brothers - wasn't that a movie from the 50's?

The beauty of the plan is if the Arndt's actually contacted Steve,it would be God's will and meant to be. Steve would have to say yes. He wouldn't like the sports, but Elizabeth swims and wore jeans and he allowed her . He has to realize Sarah has been on the shelf a while and only and equally crazy/fundie man is still going to be a single,virgin, living at home and being excited about his b-day donut .

Wow I've never checked them out before. Are any of the boys married? Their website is giving me a geocities headache.

Luke is actually pretty good-looking!

Their family really does remind me of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers--in their picture the guys are all wearing matching shirts of different colors, just like the brothers in the movie, haha!

I REALLY don't get why none of them are married. I mean, yes, they're very dorky, but it seems like the older ones could have at least found some fundie girl to marry. It's super weird.

If only. Stevie would never approve, the Arndts are too worldly for him. Not only do they play baseball, they all love soda and seem to drink "a ton" of it everyday. I agree that the Arndt mom (or maybe both the parents) don't seem to want to let go of any of their kids. Plus the mom and the daughter do wear shorts, I'm sure even Sarah herself wouldn't approve. They do have two sons in their 30's and I believe that next year another son will turn 30. If it could actually be a possibility I say John (the 2nd son who was excited about the donuts for his 30th birthday this year) would be a good match for Sarah. He turned 30 in April so he's only a couple of months younger than Sarah, and while all the brothers are geeky, he seems "geeky to the max" imo. I have to admit I'm hooked on their website, I guess because it just blows my mind (well, other fundie sites do as well). I feel like the parents never want their kids to actually grow up and have lives of their own, and all the kids are just so "ho-hum" about it and go a long with it. I guess the parents, or the dad have seriously brainwashed their kids in to believing they will go to hell if they actually want to grow up, be an adult, and have a life of their own. On his Facebook page Luke writes:

It's Jesus. I'm a sinner, guilty as anybody could be. I deserved punishment. Jesus took my place. He died for me; I live for Him. I've been given a second chance, and I want to make the most of it..

Fourth-oldest in a family of 14 -- 13 boys and one girl. Play softball about as often as possible. Have a blast being a part of this team -- both literal and figurative. So privileged to be where I am. "Talent" (if you can call it that!) of the FamTeam television series. Still can't get over how much God really, really loves me.

All the Arndt "kids" seem so "child-like" to me (well, that's the impression I get from reading their website). For example, they get excited about going to eat at MacDonalds, buying fountain sodas at a gas station etc. A few weeks back on the website the 15 year old daughter was making wedding invitations for her stuffed animals who were getting married (or something like that), come on, I think most teenagers are past that stage of play.

On the plus side though, they all seem to be well educated for home-schooled kids and the ones who work seem to be gainfully employed, thus if one of them did marry Sarah, she would most likely be well taken care of. But I still say wtf, imo parents like the Ardnts and the Maxwells are abusing their "children". It's just so sad.

A few weeks back on the website the 15 year old daughter was making wedding invitations for her stuffed animals who were getting married...

Cute to creepy in under 30 seconds.

I agree it would be a great match if Steve allowed it. Sarah's opinion doesn't factor in so I won't bother.

I think that Sarah could do geeky, after all what could be more geeky than her brothers.

I think the Arndt men (because they are men) would do well for the Seven Sisters or Rebecca "Eleventy." I just don't know about Sarah Maxwell. The Maxwell family seems too serious for anyone like the Arndts.

Yes, and Rebecca too!

I think the Arndt family are too sophisticated for Rebecca. It's a shame the 7 sisters don't have a brother of the right age for her. Completely agree over Sarah Maxwell though, surely there is an 'Arndt Man' for her.

I think the Arndt men (because they are men) would do well for the Seven Sisters or Rebecca "Eleventy." I just don't know about Sarah Maxwell. The Maxwell family seems too serious for anyone like the Arndts.

That is exactly what I was thinking. They are stuck in childhood just like they seven sisters, so they would "get" each other. Rebecca111!! needs to just accept that the Maxwells would never even glance her way (and she is lucky for that) so if she wants a husband, she needs to look somewhere else. I'm not sure thye Arndts would be good for her, she seems rather shy and they all seem really loud and out going. I don't see her being into sports.

I just went to their website for the first time, and the Mom is wearing jeans and even a pair of very defrauding shorts :oops:

She wears make-up too !

I just went to their website for the first time, and the Mom is wearing jeans and even a pair of very defrauding shorts :oops:

She wears make-up too !

Yes, she does seem to love the pink frosted lip stick. I agree w/ the previous posters that mentioned how childlike these "men" are. I think their parents would likely love their boys to marry and each have 14 kids of their own... but do nothing to encourage or force their boys to move out or be independent in any way. They also seem so focused on purity (see Marks Remarks on their family website) that there is just NO way they would ever consider marrying someone that was Christian but perhaps has lived a little. The boys truly seem to be looking for a clone of their mother... and are fully expecting God to Dumbo-drop their bride onto their family property. Yeah... they will all be single forever.

The poor 15 year old girl even LOOKS like she's stuck in childhood. She still seems to wear her hair in braids and even physically looks young. Still playing with stuffed penguins. I guess that's what happens when you live within a family that does literally EVERYTHING together with very minimal outside interaction. I mean they don't even attend Homeschool Conventions or anything! How the F they expect their boys to meet anyone is beyond me.

The most ironic thing is that one of the boys (the bald one that suffers from Alopecia) has his own wedding photography business! These guys go to enough weddings where you would think they could meet SOME suitable girls. I just think their lifestyle and social awkwardness must just be so off-putting to girls.

I honestly think that until one of the older boys grows a pair and moves out on his own, they will all just continue as is on their family compound. If just one of those boys were to move out I think some of the others would follow. But it will never happen.

Never heard of the Arndt family until today. I checked out the website and they in the same town as my parents. How have I missed them for so long??

The poor 15 year old girl even LOOKS like she's stuck in childhood. She still seems to wear her hair in braids and even physically looks young. Still playing with stuffed penguins. I guess that's what happens when you live within a family that does literally EVERYTHING together with very minimal outside interaction.

I have a sort of soft spot for the kid. I still played with dolls at 15. Granted, the doll-playing was (usually) with my much-younger sister, and most of my other interests were very teenlike--boys, clothes, gossip, etc.--but I was still pretty childish when I could get away with it.

It is odd, though, that she still looks and acts like a little girl at 15, but her own mother had her first kid at 20. I guess the same goes for all of the adult sons: their parents were married with several children at the same age, yet they're still hanging around at home like college students on summer break.

I mean they don't even attend Homeschool Conventions or anything!

Wow, really? That surprises me because they don't seem to be as extreme ideologically as the Maxwells--why wouldn't they try to meet "like-minded" (gag) people?

I honestly think that until one of the older boys grows a pair and moves out on his own, they will all just continue as is on their family compound. If just one of those boys were to move out I think some of the others would follow. But it will never happen.

ITA if one son got married, the others would eventually follow. I can't believe that not ONE of the eight (!) over-20 sons wants to have sex, if nothing else.

I agree with whoever suggested the Seven Sisters. Do they live anywhere near the Arndts?

I agree with whoever suggested the Seven Sisters. Do they live anywhere near the Arndts?

They're all in the Midwest--the Seven Sisters somewhere in Indiana, and the Arndts in Belleville, Illinois (right?). Not so far!

Archived