IGNORED

Look before you leap! NOT! - Treasures from a Shoebox

Koala

From Treasures from a Shoebox:

To be perfectly honest, the life I am living is not one I would have ever chosen for myself.

No shit! Girlfriend has got more kids than she can afford feed, a cheating husband, and there's no end in sight. I can't think of many people who WOULD have chosen her life.

I am grateful that no one told me at that moment, "If you get saved, you will trade your blue jeans for long dresses, do away with the television, be expected to submit to your husband's leadership, have 10 children and homeschool nine of them!"

*sigh* there are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to start.

So "saved" people don't:

~wear jeans

~watch television

Saved people do:

~Submit to their cheating husbands (who convince them to mistreat their children from previous marriages).

~Have 10 children (and then use Pearl "discipline" methods on them)

~Homeschool....because the SOTDRT is where it's at!

Take notes people. This one has got it all figured out. :?

"I am grateful that no one told me at that moment, "If you get saved, you will trade your blue jeans for long dresses, do away with the television, be expected to submit to your husband's leadership, have 10 children and homeschool nine of them!"

... No $hit, Sherlock!

The things I find the most annoying about fundies, and that statement reflects fairly well:

- What you wear makes you modest, not your state of being.

- Faith is so weak, that any exposure to a different viewpoint will destroy it.

- Men must always be followed, cause women need a "headship", not their actual brains... that God gave them. How's that for a mind twister?

- Having as many children as you can is better than having the children you want (yeah, I said it!), can afford, feed, cloth, school, and pay attention to.

- God actually wants women to live like modern day surfs, you know, that's why Mary, Mary Magdelene, Deborah, Ruth, Esther, Miriam, Susannah, Leah, Rachelle, Rebeccah, Sarah, Naomi, and many other women were never mentioned in the Bible. Because they were women, their major contributions were insignificant.

:angry-soapbox:

I honestly don't understand what that woman has done to her head, that didn't require medications or alcohol, to make her think that what she said, and the situation she's living in is ok.

From Treasures from a Shoebox:

~Homeschool....because the SOTDRT is where it's at!

Take notes people. This one has got it all figured out. :?

I keep seeing that. "SOTDRT." I gotta ask, what does it stand for? :confusion-scratchheadyellow: I've tried to figure it out from context, but I'm giving up and asking.

I also bet she didn't count on being "saved" meant that all of her 10 blessing would be sleeping on storage shelves with a piece of memory foam for a matteress. I wonder what her and her headship sleep on?

Wait, her husband is cheating on her? How did I miss that one?

Yeah, whut? I remember the blog name, but nothing specific. Can someone refresh my memory on this one?

I was wondering the same thing about the cheating.

See - that's one of the things that gets my goat about "this kind of Christian"

You don't have to DO anything to "get saved", God isn't like "Here is a checklist of all of things you need to do to receive my free gift"

Now, maybe she meant she didnt know she'd get saved AND THEN decide to do away with tv wear long skirts etc etc...

I feel like we should have a sticky at the top of the forum as a dictionary of sorts -

SOTDRT - School of the Dining Room Table

Darth - Actual name, we aren't making fun of her in that way ;)

JimBoob - Daddy Duggar

;)

The cheating was in the past, 1997 I think. He repented and asked for forgiveness. I believe they went to counseling with a pastor, got saved, decided to stay married, and their lives are now very different from how they lived before. I don't think there is anything recently.

The cheating was in the past, 1997 I think. He repented and asked for forgiveness. I believe they went to counseling with a pastor, got saved, decided to stay married, and their lives are now very different from how they lived before. I don't think there is anything recently.

This. Now she advises other women (think Maria Shriver) to stay when their husbands cheat. :roll:

What I can't quite get over is her posts about her mom. First she describes an awful parent with allusions to it being her mother, adds an epilogue that "my mother is deserving of honor!", STRUGGLES MIGHTILY with honoring her mother, Prays and begs God to teach her to honor her mother, then comes up with a frankly pretty lame letter to her mother that she AGONIZED over. And of course??? She prints it out, FRAMES IT, and does a photo shoot as her mother reads the dumb thing. And OF COURSE, it is THEBESTGIFTI'VEEVERGOTTENZOMGWTFABBABBQ!!! And... she BLOGS it. :violin: You know, because IT'S ALL ABOUT MY MOTHER. Obviously.

Sounds like Jesus really did a number on her heart. :roll:

(Her poor mother.)

"I am grateful that no one told me at that moment, "If you get saved, you will trade your blue jeans for long dresses, do away with the television, be expected to submit to your husband's leadership, have 10 children and homeschool nine of them!"

... No $hit, Sherlock!

The things I find the most annoying about fundies, and that statement reflects fairly well:

- What you wear makes you modest, not your state of being.

- Faith is so weak, that any exposure to a different viewpoint will destroy it.

- Men must always be followed, cause women need a "headship", not their actual brains... that God gave them. How's that for a mind twister?

- Having as many children as you can is better than having the children you want (yeah, I said it!), can afford, feed, cloth, school, and pay attention to.

- God actually wants women to live like modern day surfs, you know, that's why Mary, Mary Magdelene, Deborah, Ruth, Esther, Miriam, Susannah, Leah, Rachelle, Rebeccah, Sarah, Naomi, and many other women were never mentioned in the Bible. Because they were women, their major contributions were insignificant.

:angry-soapbox:

I honestly don't understand what that woman has done to her head, that didn't require medications or alcohol, to make her think that what she said, and the situation she's living in is ok.

This!!!

I feel like this is subtle, quiet, regret. Maybe. Not that a fundie mom would ever admit regretting a 'christian' decision.

Archived