IGNORED

I Kinda Wanna See Magic Mike

slickcat79

I find Channing Tatum really annoying but...damn. I guess I'm just that shallow :oops:

Anyone else planning a girls' (or boys') night out?

eMU7s6cwxEM

I also want to see this! A long time ago in a far away land (Massachusetts, now that I live in Arizona), in high school, I had a friend who's uncle posed in Playgirl in the early 1980's. This uncle was named Mike. This girl got a copy of said issue of Playgirl, and made multiple, high quality full color copies of her uncle's photo shoot. Her friends (myself included) would find random copies of this picture in our lockers, along with the note "Wednesday is Uncle Mike Day." Laughs were had by all.

I don't find Channing Tatum to be extremely attractive. I think Matt Bomer, Alex Pettyfer, and Joe Manganiello are very hot and I might watch the movie for them. I'm still a bit sad that Matt Bomer is gay.

I'm still a bit sad that Matt Bomer is gay.

Yes, but he and his boyfriend (husband?) have kids and hot gay guys who are good daddies are even hotter.

Matt Bomer is in MM so... I kinda wanna see it too (the fact he's gay only makes it hotter for me)

There's this gif of Bomer in just a banana-hammock and oxfords (they don't ruin it for me) grinding his gear next to a lady's face the floor. Best. Ass. Ever.

*fans self*

He can make out with dudes anytime. Not that they need my permission, or that they'd be doing it for my tittilation. *cough*

There's this gif of Bomer in just a banana-hammock and oxfords (they don't ruin it for me) grinding his gear next to a lady's face the floor. Best. Ass. Ever.

*fans self*

He can make out with dudes anytime. Not that they need my permission, or that they'd be doing it for my tittilation. *cough*

Pics or it didn't happen 8-)

I have a friend who's a huge Matthew McConaughey fan. I just sent her an email asking when we're going to see this movie.

I just caught a TV spot that had phrases interspersed with quick clips, something like...

In three days...

(clip)

Tell your boyfriend...

(clip)

something something (okay, don't remember the tagline, shoot me)

ANYWAY, the whole point is I glanced at the ad while it was running, thought something looked "strange", ran it back and watched again, and...

THEY SPELLED BOYFRIEND WRONG!!!!!! It's spelled BOYRIEND!!!!! In giant letters!!!!

:lol: :lol: :laughing-rolling:

Unfortunately, I can't find that tv spot online, so I can't get a screen cap. Also unfortunately, I think that probably speaks to the level of the movie as well...kind of a Showgirls for women...but who knows? Maybe it'll eventually reach the same cult status... :D

Here's one of the TV spots:

KEyFdXUOp-A

It's not misspelled online though...

I'm kind of amazed that my BFF is totally on board with seeing this movie too. I thought I would have to talk her into it :D We will be making the trip on Saturday.

It actually has good reviews. I can't wait to see it. The husband is going to see Spider-man when it comes out and I'll be seeing Magic Mike. He kinda wants to see it too, but doesn't actually go into a theater :lol:

I've read a couple reviews that have said this is the best work Matthew McConaughy has done. I dunno, I kind of have a thing for him too...I love that has has been arrested for playing bongos while naked. It seems like he was born for that role.

Well, after seeing it I have to say it was not too great IMO. The "dancing" scenes were probably worth the price of admission, but the plot was...weird. It's like the tried to do way too much in a movie that really shouldn't have that much of a plot to begin with.

Oh, well. I think Joe Manganiello is my new favorite because he kept reminding me of Henrik Lundqvist.

This is definitely going on my future DVD list (I don't go to the actual theater much). I hope it's as entertaining as the trailers.

My friend and I almost went to see Magic Mike yesterday. We decided to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter because we both had read the book. We might see the movie on Wednesday. I have read a few reviews that have Magic Mike is an ok movie. I think it will be probably reach cult status as a fun movie that people watch for eye candy.

OK, my friends and I saw this last night, and I thought it was pretty good. I don't see it ever making a top 100 movie list (unless it's something about top 100 movies for seeing skin), but the plot was decent enough for me to enjoy. And oh, is there the eye candy! I had flashbacks to seeing the male strippers back in the day for bachelorette parties - only the place we went to, the acts were nowhere near as put together as in the movie.

Oh yeah, I'm going to see this. I can't pass up the chance to see these actors playing strippers. :lol:

• 11 months later...
Well, after seeing it I have to say it was not too great IMO. The "dancing" scenes were probably worth the price of admission, but the plot was...weird. It's like the tried to do way too much in a movie that really shouldn't have that much of a plot to begin with.

Oh, well. I think Joe Manganiello is my new favorite because he kept reminding me of Henrik Lundqvist.

I finally got to see Magic Mike last week, along with The Full Monty, courtesy of DirecTV's free HBO weekend. I thought about seeing Magic Mike last year, but now I'm glad I didn't spend $8 plus popcorn for it. Matt Bomer didn't get enough screen time :) and the plot was kind of non-existent or something, even for an eye-candy movie. I actually enjoyed Full Monty more, and I don't think it was just the accents.

I liked Full Monty, didn't care for Magic Mike. I didn't even finish the movie because I was getting bored.

Archived