IGNORED

Raising Olives on College

longskirts

raisingolives.com/2012/06/q-haircuts-bed-wetting-sleeping-college-chores-menu-plans/#comments

No plans for the oldest two to go to college. I'm disappointed; I thought she was more in favor of college especially given that they hosted a female college student for a while.

Is "biblical" punishment what I think it is? :?

Our third oldest (now 13) has said for years that he would like to be a pastor or missionary. We continue to head in that direction with his homeschooling, but rather than automatically sending him off to college, we are extremely interested in finding a godly man who would be willing to mentor him in an apprentice type manner. We know others who have done this and have earned degrees online while being mentored by a man in the field they desire to enter.

Well, that sounds like a solid, non-molest-y plan.

No plans for the oldest two to go to college. I'm disappointed; I thought she was more in favor of college especially given that they hosted a female college student for a while.

Female college student, that settles the matter. Silly women wanting education!

I think it's possible that financial difficulties are making it more challenging for these parents to encourage college education.

Recession + the growth in total number of children over the years and the ever growing cost of those children growing up (verb of the day is to grow, apparently :D ) = the "Honey, if you don't want to continue school after school isn't an obligation anymore, you don't have to. God will help provide ways for you to do what you need to do to serve him on Earth." speech...

Is "biblical" punishment what I think it is? :?

Well, that sounds like a solid, non-molest-y plan.

Totally :shock:

I don't know of anyone who earned a degree from a seminary school without having worked in a church as part of their education. Even if you go to college, you don't have to skip being "mentored" by people with experience. In fact, in probably works better because you have the opportunity to learn from a variety of different people and find a style that works best for you, instead of trying to imitate one guy. Of course, the 3 young pastors that I know are all women, so there's a huge problem right off the bat. They're all married and 2 of them have kids, but I'm sure they're still doin it rong :roll:

Archived