IGNORED

Christina Mercy Maxwell Models Headband

Creaky Mom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge fan of headbands on babies, but I think putting one on a newborn is a bit too much. This might sound crazy, does anyone else think baby Mercy looks like Teri?

Mercy? I thought it was Christina? That's what I'm sticking with. I was thinking Mercy Morehead win I quickly looked at the subject line.

Yeah, you don't need to dress up a newborn. But I'm glad they are putting more pictures of Christina up.

It appears to be Melanie's hand helping Abbie hold the baby, so hopefully that means she's better than "okay".

Will we be seeing "photo sessions" of Christina and parents, like Joshua?

It's super important to always be able to instantly identify the gender of a child, even a newborn. How else will you know what box to put them in. In fact a "friend" of mine on facebook was just lamenting that her little girl (3ish) is into superheroes and just had to have a spiderman shirt, but was happy that at least she found a spiderman shirt that was purple and pink. Otherwise I suppose people might get confused, despite the fact her little girl has long hair with a bow in it. I mean how else will people know how to properly stereotype children. (Side note: I'm positively freaked out by how many of my friends from high school have either gone fundie or fundie lite)

Yes, it's Christina, but I used the middle name, because Maxwellz do things like that - change peoples names.

The headband also looks like that elastic sock bandaging too. Maybe she has a headache having met the extended family now. I wonder if someone in the family made it for her. Looks handmade. Very pretty baby though.

It's super important to always be able to instantly identify the gender of a child, even a newborn. How else will you know what box to put them in. In fact a "friend" of mine on facebook was just lamenting that her little girl (3ish) is into superheroes and just had to have a spiderman shirt, but was happy that at least she found a spiderman shirt that was purple and pink. Otherwise I suppose people might get confused, despite the fact her little girl has long hair with a bow in it. I mean how else will people know how to properly stereotype children. (Side note: I'm positively freaked out by how many of my friends from high school have either gone fundie or fundie lite)

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've even run into people who complain about people with "weird foreign names" on class lists (Hi!!) from the angle that they can't tell the sex of the kid before meeting the kid, because they don't know how the names work (in some cases the name is obviously one sex or the other if you're from that culture but the complaining Americans can't tell). Those same people whine about common American unisex names too.

Yeah, you don't need to dress up a newborn. But I'm glad they are putting more pictures of Christina up.

It appears to be Melanie's hand helping Abbie hold the baby, so hopefully that means she's better than "okay".

Will we be seeing "photo sessions" of Christina and parents, like Joshua?

I'm thinking "okay" was a quote from Melanie herself, probably meaning "things are good I am happy but I am TIRED I will talk to you later now let me sleep!" :)

When I first saw the small version of the photo I was freaked out for a minute because I thought the hand was Abby, and was wondering (1) why she has a bandage/IV in it but more importantly (2) what kind of monster huge freaky hand is that?? Why, MOM's adult and closer to the camera hand of course. Whew!

From the comments:

May Melanie recover quickly, and may she have much help in those first days home so that she can continue to rest and heal as much as possible. Having had 2 c-sections myself, I know from experience that it really helps not to overdo it too soon.
Methinks someone knows what Melly is in for when she gets home...Poor woman. I can't imagine she's going to get the recovery and rest time she really needs.

She's not wearing that ridiculous headband in the second pic! *gasp* how are we supposed to identify her as a future helpmeet? Because that's why they do it, and that's all they hope for her, which is heartbreaking. I hope her and her sisters escape some day. Steve will probably be dead by the time they're young adults, so hopefully they lead an adult life at least with some fun.

Guest Anonymous

I won't knock the big headbands and bows because my daughter wore a pink one with a huge bow for her first pics we took at the hospital. Then after that I only put them on her for professional pictures we would take of her every six months until she was about 2. I think they are cute but I agree that newborns wearing them constantly is probably uncomfortable for them. Christina is a cute baby though, love her chubby cheeks.

It looks like one of those foam things that the grocery store puts around soft fruit.

Steve said under my comment that she will have help while the family is gone. I wonder which one of the girls will get to skip the conference.

Steve said under my comment that she will have help while the family is gone. I wonder which one of the girls will get to skip the conference.

Of course one of the girls will have to stay behind. Nathan is far too busy with his weight lifting and rope climbing to help take care of the household.

I think this headband looks more comfortable than the little skinny ones that look like they dig into the baby's head.

When I found out I was expecting a girl one of the first things my MIL wanted to buy were headbands. Luckily I talked her out of them and into a cute bunny outfit that's light blue. It even has a little tail on the pants! Much cuter in my opinion then headbands.

I hate baby headbands for no other reason that they aggravate me. Also, you could dress the child in bright pink and someone would still mistake her for a boy. Or dress a boy in all blue and someone will still say, "What a cute little girl!" It happens all the time, the headband won't discourage it.

Also, you could dress the child in bright pink and someone would still mistake her for a boy

I can put my baby girl in bright fuschia frilly dressy dresses and people still ask me if "it's a boy". Blue dress (dress!). They assume boy. People are just wierd.

That said, the headbands are growing on me. Just a little.

I can put my baby girl in bright fuschia frilly dressy dresses and people still ask me if "it's a boy".

Yeah up until my nephew was about 18mos he had long curly blonde hair. We were at the library one day getting books and he had a shirt on that said "Auntie's little man." Lo and behold, somebody comes up and says "Isn't she just the cutest!"

His pretty long hair before my sister got it cut:

l.jpg

As for baby Mercy, well, I hope one day she and her sisters can escape the crazy.

Okay, I'm going to admit that I actually do tend to like those baby headbands (and the tutus that often accompany them) but I hope they put that headband on her just for the pictures, because that particular one looks overwhelming. The flower on it is ginormous! Couldn't they have used one with a slightly smaller flower? It wouldn't really make much of a difference, it'd still make it pretty clear that Christina is in fact a girl. (as if her name isn't obvious enough...)

She is an adorable baby though.

As the mother of two boys who REALLY wanted at least one girl but never got one, I would totally do the headband bling. I love all things girly! I think it's really just a matter of having some fun with clothes (boy clothes are just not that much fun).

She's a beautiful baby. I think she's got Nathan's eyes, but her face looks like Melanie. Love the chubby cheeks. And no conehead due to being a C-section baby!

Archived