IGNORED

Saavy Maxwell Marketing

ncb

Just noticed that the Maxwell's put up a blog post on the re-launching of their website. I am sure they were saving it for a time when there was lots of family news that blog followers were interested in. It is clear from the comments that they get a lot more traffic /interest around things like courtships, babies, and new homes and a lot less around new books and oneton onramp. Good idea to launch the new site when we are all interested in Melanie's new baby. Anyway, the site is pretty much the same old stuff but, interesting in the "about us" section they no longer list Sarah's age and her desire for a husband. Anna will definitely get married off first, in her description they emphasize the time she spends with her nieces and her cooking and home-making skills. In Sarah's bio they emphasize her importance to the family business. No way is Steve letting her go now.

These people are such freaks!

You beat me to it ncb. I was just coming to comment

Not only did they relaunch the web site at a time when everybody is reading their dang blog, they entitle the entry Another New Arrival. Oh and they add a ps we'll let you know about the baby, when they know everyone is waiting to hear.

Go to hell Maxwells

:( Do you know how hard that must be for Sarah to take down the "desire for a husband" part, because she has to face reality that she may never find one? Oh my gosh, my heart breaks for her. And not only that, but to have to be surrounded by births, courting, etc. That is just too too sad.

Just looked through the Maxwell Schedule for 2010-2011 they have up. Evidently at 2:30 Teri reads to Anna and Mary, not sure how old Anna is but Mary would be 14 last year so Anna must be a year or two older. What is Teri doing reading to her two almost adult daughters for 30 minutes every day? Even more so what is she reading to them since everything is banned but the KJV, Christian Textbooks with whole paragraphs cut out and Moody Books??

:( Do you know how hard that must be for Sarah to take down the "desire for a husband" part, because she has to face reality that she may never find one? Oh my gosh, my heart breaks for her. And not only that, but to have to be surrounded by births, courting, etc. That is just too too sad.

^This. I alternately want to cry for her, or else shake her by the shoulders and scream "Get out!" 30 is not an old maid by any reasonable standard!

Old bio:

Sarah graduated from homeschool in 2000. Sarah enjoys helping in the family Titus2.com ministry, writing the Moody Family Series, and homemaking tasks. She keeps our blog up to date and captures daily life as our "photographer." Sarah would love to be a wife/mother if the Lord wants that for her life, but in the meantime, she has plenty to do.

New bio:

Sarah graduated from homeschool in 2000. Sarah is a key part of the family Titus2.com ministry and keeps it running with all the "behind-the-scenes" projects that she does. Whenever she has a spare moment, you might find her writing a Moody Family Book or doing homemaking tasks. She does a wonderful job keeping our blog up-to-date and captures daily life as our "photographer." Sarah delights in following the Lord Jesus and serving Him.

The only significant change in that bio is the removal of the wife/mother bit (even as vague and doubtful as the original was) . Could it be any more obvious that they have completely snatched even the dream of that away from her? :angry-cussingblack:

I saw it in my reader. Such money whores.

Although, they are apparently going to be in the 'Oshkosh area' in September. If they actually nail that one down, I may take a drive. Making sure my tattoos are shown. No trying to fit in for me. If I go watch the show I would absolutely go as myself, amplified.

They're kind of screwed once this baby is born. What will they use for the next year to draw people in? No babies to suck people's attention? Oh, wait, what's-his-name's-marriage. They ain't rushing the remodel of that house for nothing. Some poor girl somewhere is soon to be a Maxwell and the wedding will be the big draw.

By the end of the year, they're fucked. Desperate tactics. Sad, pathetic, predictable tactics.

They're so stupid. Using what they have to make money & promote themselves. Their biggest money maker would be a Sarah courtship and engagement and wedding...drawn out. But, Steve is too selfish to even give her up to money. They're going to run out of kids and baby makers and have no hook left.

I just need to say they make me fucking sick. Using the baby tease to draw in business. I don't hate because I see it as an emotion but I am certainly appalled and disgusted. I would give almost anything to confront these fuckwads.

Has anyone else noticed that in the updated 'About us' section, they've made sure to add in a sentence or two about (nearly) everyone's personality? Something about their ...robotic reputation in certain circles must have filtered through to them!

I say 'nearly' everyone because I notice that Sarah's section says nothing about her personality, just about how she's a workhorse. :(

Stevie can't count. :lol: His bio says he has *5* homeschool graduates. Jesse just made homeschool grad #7! They also mention "enjoying nieces", they now have nieces and a nephew to enjoy! Josh is only a few days old, and he already made the site! Guess he'll get a chorepack pined to his diaper soon. :dance:

You beat me to it ncb. I was just coming to comment

Not only did they relaunch the web site at a time when everybody is reading their dang blog, they entitle the entry Another New Arrival. Oh and they add a ps we'll let you know about the baby, when they know everyone is waiting to hear.

Go to hell Maxwells

Weird, when I went I still have the old site.

Hmmm...did they list before where their nursing home church was? Because now they do. Anyone in the area want to go check it out? I wish I lived nearby, I might be tempted to go. Wearing some cute jeans and a scoop necked t-shirt showing a little cleavage. Nothing crazy in the normal world but to the Maxwells.... Well Steve might start crying!

NurseNell, You have to use the link on their "New Arrival" post. It'll take you to the preview of the upcoming website that hasn't been published yet.

Stevie can't count.

Oh... he can count

His five home-school graduate sons are now wage-earning adults.

Emphasis mine.

Oh... he can count

Emphasis mine.

Son. Exactly.

The girls are pawns and worth nothing until they breed. The sons? They bring in money and play the role and amp up the image.

Christina Mercy has arrived. I think her mum might have had a rough time. Perhaps 3 little girls is all their quiver is going to hold. I hope so.

Christina Mercy has arrived. I think her mum might have had a rough time. Perhaps 3 little girls is all their quiver is going to hold. I hope so.

Yeah, I hope so too. But, they are not going to "leave it to god"; they are going to TRY for more. It's only about god's blessings when it just happens. When it takes effort - and medical/scientific - intervention, they let that all go. God may choose to make the baby, but the evils secular gods have the drugs to keep it viable.

It's secular medicine that brought that baby girl into the world. They want to make it about their god but no amount of twisting and turning can change facts. Their god said Melanie can't carry to term with both mother and child being healthy. I am not snarking on their maternal troubles. I'm only saying that their god failed miserably and medicine, knowledge, science, experience and study kept her pregnant and let that baby grow and be born.

Christina is here because of godless study, knowledge, experience and intervention. Much in existence because of women.

Their god alone would have had a totally different outcome.

If there is a god, he/she knows how he/she is used.

interesting in the "about us" section they no longer list Sarah's age and her desire for a husband. Anna will definitely get married off first, in her description they emphasize the time she spends with her nieces and her cooking and home-making skills. In Sarah's bio they emphasize her importance to the family business. No way is Steve letting her go now.

The only person's age they list is Mary's. The ages of the other adult children are not listed. Sadly, I don't think Sarah will get married.

It's secular medicine that brought that baby girl into the world. They want to make it about their god but no amount of twisting and turning can change facts. Their god said Melanie can't carry to term with both mother and child being healthy. I am not snarking on their maternal troubles. I'm only saying that their god failed miserably and medicine, knowledge, science, experience and study kept her pregnant and let that baby grow and be born.

Christina is here because of godless study, knowledge, experience and intervention. Much in existence because of women.

Their god alone would have had a totally different outcome.

If there is a god, he/she knows how he/she is used.

Yep. Secular medicine and the worldly scientific education that it is founded on.

This is just one more example of why fundies could not be their own homogenous country - they are utterly dependent on secular society.

Perhaps back in 1850 it wasn't like that, there wasn't such a huge gulf because the secular world didn't have so much scientific knowledge either. But in 2012? The real world has MOVED ON.

I will say the new design looks a lot more modern. But I see it's not done in house - it's a firm "DCD studio" that did it. (As far as I can tell with a quick look after a beer, it doesn't appear to be a Steve-O business). Of course it's explicitly Christian, to the extent of putting a fish image on their intro pages... but considering that one of the things the Steve-O empire has advertised in the past has been web design, it's interesting to see they went elsewhere.

Oooh but wait!!! Looks like that same company did the design for Maxwell Irrigation, which is just what you think it is - John Maxwell's new business. John Maxwell from Kansas. John Marie from Idaho is also into irrigation, isn't he? I know he has an actual business, with help from his father, in irrigation (for a while I was quite interested in those circular (or Pac-Man shaped, sometimes) fields you see from the air when flying over the Western US, the tech that makes those happen is what this business is. If he married into the family (well, ha, what am I thinking? He's a guy and this is the US) but if he married a Maxwell girl and then separately John also was in that same business they could possibly make an alliance.

But anyway the DCD site doesn't link to any completed website for that irrigation biz, only logos (you would suspect a finished website). If you visit the obvious candidate site www dot maxwellirrigation dot com (just check out the area code on the contact info) it's a plain green page that's of course "under construction," just like EVERY OTHER page in the Steve-O empire. They get all excited about these businesses and put up starter pages and then... nothing. Every goddamn time, and then there's just tumbleweeds blowing through there. The only site that gets actively maintained is the main titus 2 site.

Just looked through the Maxwell Schedule for 2010-2011 they have up. Evidently at 2:30 Teri reads to Anna and Mary, not sure how old Anna is but Mary would be 14 last year so Anna must be a year or two older. What is Teri doing reading to her two almost adult daughters for 30 minutes every day? Even more so what is she reading to them since everything is banned but the KJV, Christian Textbooks with whole paragraphs cut out and Moody Books??

I know this is not exactly the point, but I'm nearly 30 and I still love my mum reading out loud to me (on road trips, etc.). She read to me through my childhood and they are fond memories.

My headship, who's 36, loves being read to and reading out loud. It relaxes him.

I do wonder what Teri could be reading to them, considering that nearly everything is too worldly for them. Is it possible that they are occasionally allowed to read old novels--nothing as sophisticated as Jane Austen, of course, but maybe some pedantic, treacly, "God-honoring" stuff, along the lines of Elsie Dinsmore?

Archived