IGNORED

When fundies get real.

tabitha2

This is why my daughters learn to shoot, and to fight. I will do everything in my power as their father to make sure they are never victims. Period full stop.

<>

:clap:

-Perry Coghlan FB page

That he is not raising some meek little Maxwell wannabes makes me not care that much what kind of beds they sleep on.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<>

:clap:

-Perry Coghlan FB page

That he is not raising some meek little Maxwell wannabes makes me not care that much what kind of beds they sleep on.

:roll: Yea it's a perfectly good idea to have your pregnant wife packing while she's got toddlers around the house and she's cooking breakfast or nursing one of the babies.

Most women are raped by someone they know and trust, who they will not think to shoot. I also don't like how this seems to blame rape survivors for not shooting or fighting their attackers. The onus is on rapists NOT TO RAPE, not on women to avoid being raped.

My issue with gun use aside, being able to use a gun isn't going to stop women from being raped.

Most women are raped by someone they know and trust, who they will not think to shoot. I also don't like how this seems to blame rape survivors for not shooting or fighting their attackers. The onus is on rapists NOT TO RAPE, not on women to avoid being raped.

My issue with gun use aside, being able to use a gun isn't going to stop women from being raped.

QFT!

Get familiar with some of the fundy blogs, fundy girl royalty are taught how to shoot. I'd prefer them to get accurate information on rape risk.

This. If anything, a rapist could get the gun away and use it as a way to threaten the victim in order to follow through with the rape.

I know-To hunt with;They probably could not defend themselves if their lives depended on it.Right now the girls or at least some are taking Krav Maga lessons.

So, let me get this straight-it is bad and pretty useless the girls are learning self defense and how to shoot ? wow.okay.

I know-To hunt with;They probably could not defend themselves if their lives depended on it.Right now the girls or at least some are taking Krav Maga lessons.

So, let me get this straight-it is bad the girls are learning self defense and how to shoot ? wow.okay.

Self-defence lessons and knowing how to shoot does not prevent rape. Stop perpetuating the myth that only rape that involves violent, unexpected attack is 'real' rape, since most rapes are neither violent or unexpected. Most rape survivors trust their rapists and so would not shoot them.

Maybe they could just no contribute to a culture where everything bd that happens ins ALWAYS a woman's fault.

Agreed that using a gun doesn't prevent rape.

So, let me get this straight-it is bad the girls are learning self defense and how to shoot ? wow.okay.

Learning how to shoot is a far cry from teaching someone how to be aware and street smart and how to practice self defense.

I see you're enjoying Perry's kool aid, do you take it straight or with a chaser on the side?

On the rocks with lime and salt.

I tell it like i see it-Even a broken clock is right twice a day and so it is with Fundies.

I tell it like i see it-Even a broken clock is right twice a day and so it is with Fundies.

Your vision is perhaps more impaired than mine, but you are willingly blind and ignorant if you think a person's ability to shoot is going to prevent rape.

Would a fundie wife being able to shoot stop her husband from coercing her into sex? No. It's still rape.

I am more talking about the Coghlan girls learning physical self defense.Ya'll want to dwell on the shooting part for some reason-I know what you are saying about that and i agree in respects to self defense.But being able to defend her self is something every women should know in my opinion.

I am more talking about the Coghlan girls learning physical self defense.Ya'll want to dwell on the shooting part for some reason-I know what you are saying about that and i agree in respects to self defense.But being able to defend her self is something every women should know in my opinion.

Physical self-defence is important to learn, I agree - but it doesn't prevent rape. Physical attack (like a mugging), sure, but most rapes are not violent or unexpected.

Guest Anonymous

I grew up knowing how to scrap (I needed to know how to fight, with a brother like mine), but, when it came down to it, it did not stop me from getting raped.

I don't agree with fluttershies on much, but we agree on this (I think).

So why even mention shooting if thats not what you wanted to discuss?

Maybe they could just no contribute to a culture where everything bd that happens ins ALWAYS a woman's fault.

Agreed that using a gun doesn't prevent rape.

This.

Unless it is with the husband-and that is possible given the folks we are talking about-The Coghlan girls will never be alone with a boy not their brother or father,ever, so the date rape scenario is moot point for them.So in this case the unexpected,violent attack becomes the more likely

So why even mention shooting if thats not what you wanted to discuss?

Because it is useful skill to learn and I like the fact that even if it may not prevent rape, the girls are are being taught something about being assertive unlike so many of these fundie girls who just pine away for prince charming.

Unless it is with the husband-and that is possible given the folks we are talking about-The Coghlan girls will never be alone with a boy not their brother or father,ever, so the date rape scenario is moot point for them.So in this case the unexpected,violent attack becomes the more likely

If they will never be allowed alone, the violent attack also becomes a moot point.

Alone with a man not father husband or brother.They can be alone or maybe with just a sister shopping or running errands, at least these ones and Duggars can.

Alone with a man not father husband or brother.They can be alone or maybe with just a sister shopping or running errands, at least these ones and Duggars can.

They can be alone with brothers and their father, and a lot of the ex-patriarchy women report being molested by uncles and church elders, the type of person who you cannot just shoot. It is rare for a woman to get raped in a busy public place in broad daylight, when the Duggar girls are allowed out shopping, and equally rare for a rapist to choose a perfect stranger who is accompanied by another person as the Duggars always are.

On the other hand, every one of the girls from Joy on up has had private, unchaperoned meetings with Bill Gothard at that indoctrination camp, so obviously even the strict families feel comfortable leaving their children with "trusted" people. And those trusted people are statistically the most dangerous.

So a gun simply won't help them.

They can be alone with brothers and their father, and a lot of the ex-patriarchy women report being molested by uncles and church elders, the type of person who you cannot just shoot. It is rare for a woman to get raped in a busy public place in broad daylight, when the Duggar girls are allowed out shopping, and equally rare for a rapist to choose a perfect stranger who is accompanied by another person as the Duggars always are.

On the other hand, every one of the girls from Joy on up has had private, unchaperoned meetings with Bill Gothard at that indoctrination camp, so obviously even the strict families feel comfortable leaving their children with "trusted" people. And those trusted people are statistically the most dangerous.

So a gun simply won't help them.

Especially since the Coghlans attend an actual church with an actual leadership team, all of whom are men and all of whom could have an excuse for being alone with one of the girls.

Especially since the Coghlans attend an actual church with an actual leadership team, all of whom are men and all of whom could have an excuse for being alone with one of the girls.

In normal cases that might be but they are VF followers and that is one of their mantras -I believe the girls are well trained to not allow it, and would excuse themselves to get Kim or Perry who are usually right there anyhow.

I mentioned the Duggars in passing but that situation is moot for the Coghlans-that don't do the ATI retreat thing or even mission trips.

Archived