IGNORED

I blog about my McMansion, because God wants me to.

keeperrox

I've come to the conclusion that she painted her entire house BM's Wythe Blue. It was BM's color of the year last year.... probably because she bought 294 gallons of it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've come to the conclusion that she painted her entire house BM's Wythe Blue. It was BM's color of the year last year.... probably because she bought 294 gallons of it.

Not to defend her or anything, but other than her kid's room, the guest room, and maybe the master bedroom, I think those are still the colors that the former owners had.

Not to defend her or anything, but other than her kid's room, the guest room, and maybe the master bedroom, I think those are still the colors that the former owners had.

nope.... I think I'm up to counting

1. Kitchen

2. Office -- the old office was a tan and dark brown

3. Entryway

4. Master Bath

5. Master Bedroom

nope.... I think I'm up to counting

1. Kitchen

2. Office -- the old office was a tan and dark brown

3. Entryway

4. Master Bath

5. Master Bedroom

I forget about that office. I also didn't realize she painted the kitchen and entryway. She bitches about how much she hates the toothpaste blue that the original owners painted, yet she pics colors that are almost identical.

Even though I said I don't read her blog in my earlier post, all these postings regarding the old house/ new house had me curious. Can I just say good gracious! First, their first home was gorgeous after they renovated it. It really was a perfect size for their family. This current house just seems highly extravagant. I hate to say that, because honestly if you have the money and want a big house, then that is your choice to do as an individual (and I'm being sincere when I say that).

However, from many remarks, it appears they do cry poor and that house is stinking huge. I would agree that the heating/ cooling of that house must be atrocious. Not to mention it does look like some work needs to be done to it, especially in the basement. It appears they have done some upgrades to get it finished, but that stuff isn't cheap. Hopefully it was/ is worth it to them.

I'm honestly really curious why they upgraded to such a large house. Have they mentioned on the blog planning for a large family? Maybe they just like to appear rich when they in fact aren't, or maybe they are rich and I have no effing idea what I'm talking about. :lol:

I can't remember exactly how much they paid for the current house, but it was under $250K. Their first house was less than $200K. Depending on where you live, that may seem reasonable or like a lot; from my perspective, that's unbelievably cheap. (I live outside a major East Coast city.)

Holy shit. I have coworkers and relatives who spent nearly $300K on 1400 square foot Capes and raised ranches! A house like the Bowers' current McMansion monstrosity would be upwards of $500-600K in our town and closer to $1M in more upscale towns with excellent schools. I want to know what the heck these young husbands are doing for a living to earn that kind of money. I'm an engineer with two master's degrees and a decade of experience and I'd just barely earn enough to afford a $250K house on my own income.

I like YHL but they don't have a nauseatingly large McMansion; I could envision some of their design choices in my home because the scale is reasonably similar. And the YHL couple don't seem fundie, or religious at all. I find them slightly annoying but I like a lot of what they do.

Even though I said I don't read her blog in my earlier post, all these postings regarding the old house/ new house had me curious. Can I just say good gracious! First, their first home was gorgeous after they renovated it. It really was a perfect size for their family. This current house just seems highly extravagant. I hate to say that, because honestly if you have the money and want a big house, then that is your choice to do as an individual (and I'm being sincere when I say that).

However, from many remarks, it appears they do cry poor and that house is stinking huge. I would agree that the heating/ cooling of that house must be atrocious. Not to mention it does look like some work needs to be done to it, especially in the basement. It appears they have done some upgrades to get it finished, but that stuff isn't cheap. Hopefully it was/ is worth it to them.

I'm honestly really curious why they upgraded to such a large house. Have they mentioned on the blog planning for a large family? Maybe they just like to appear rich when they in fact aren't, or maybe they are rich and I have no effing idea what I'm talking about. :lol:

It may be a culture thing with them - add me to the list of people who want to know what they do for a living. In parts of VA, there's definitely a lot of pressure in young professional circles to be in the "right" neighborhood and one's social status gets tied up in that to an extent. I knew an associate at a law firm in Richmond who pretty much got told that he and his wife needed to upgrade to a better neighborhood or he wouldn't be partner material. It wouldn't surprise me if that kind of pressure existed in other cities, too.

The thing that cought my eye were all of the product endorcments. I wonder how much she actually makes per view of the page and per click on the picture. Tacky. She is not writing this blog for herself she is writing it to flaunt her wealth and try to make money off innocent people.

The thing that cought my eye were all of the product endorcments. I wonder how much she actually makes per view of the page and per click on the picture. Tacky. She is not writing this blog for herself she is writing it to flaunt her wealth and try to make money off innocent people.

Talking about product placement, I can't access any of the "Our stuff" lists. I just get a page with header images like "Baby Stuff" that don't redirect me anywhere. Is it just me or is teh website brokeh? :?:

Also, I didn't catch any changes in their first house's first floor bathroom before/during/after pictures. Seems like the same place to me, just slightly different lighting when the pictures were taken, right?

I was wondering this. I suppose it makes sense if you're planning on a large family and the perfect opportunity to get the house you want arises, even if it's five or ten years before you'll need it, but then again their first house is pretty big. They have a master bedroom, a nursery, a "dressing room" (which looks like, well, another bedroom), a guest room, and a basement bedroom (with a window, so totally safe). That's five bedrooms. They could have at least another three kids before that house could possibly be getting too small.

On second thought, I don't think they moved into the new house for family expansion purposes :P

Loganville is not actually Atlanta. It's in Walton County and quite a hike from the Metro because there are no good interstate routes. It's associated more with Athens than Atlanta.

Furthermore, I know with absolute certainty that house wouldn't be worth $200K right now NOT in foreclosure on the Loganville market. My sister's house is 5800sqft, impeccable tastes, no expenses spared, inground pool, perfect professional landscaping and it's only valued at $240K currently in that town. She's also in a snooty subdivision of rich people. She's pissed because she's lost about 50% of the equity she had at the height of the market, but her intent is to stay and see it through.

The ATL market is the highest foreclosure rate in the country right now. I'm sure they could get an amazing steal on a foreclosed home, especially in a market like Loganville that isn't quite ATL and doesn't even have the appeal of being close enough for commuters.

I have to say that is the most annoying blog I have ever read, and I have read some annoying blogs.

Plus, if you went to all the time and expense to buy and remodel such a ridiculously large, pretentious house, wouldn't you go to the trouble of cleaning the nasty stains out of the downstairs toilet, or closing the lid on the pot, before photographing it?

YES! That was just gross.

Archived