I went to see this movie today, and I give it a big thumbs-up. Finally a movie where fine actors develop interesting characters! And no one had to blow anything up or take off their clothes. It's funny, interesting, visually stunning and touching. It also reminded me how much I wish I could dress like Indian women do. Everything they wear looks comfortable and have such rich colors.

You don't have to be of a "certain age" to enjoy this movie, but if you are (like me), it's very relate-able.

I have a pre-release copy of the book from winning a first reads contest. I have read it is anyone is interested I can mail it to you.

I saw it last week and loved it too. It was all of the things you said; funny, touching.

Whoops. Realized I'm giving some of the movie away by writing the following. Putting it in spoiler mode.

The only part I wasn't so crazy about was the married couple (the man ended up with Judi Dench). The woman was unlikable and the guy was so milquetoast. I found it hard to believe she would just let him go like that. Although he and Judi Dench made a very attractive couple, so it was nice to see them end up together.

What a hoot Magie Smith's character was. But how sweet to see her connect with the young woman who was an untouchable.

ETA: Spoiler mode

Archived