IGNORED

Sleeping on shelving??

IReallyAmHopewell

Her busy schedule of getting her own water and fetching her own purse prevent her from fitting that into her copious amount of online time. *eyeroll*

She doesn't even homeschool properly. Those children are probably ignorant. I can't find the post where she said it was not important to her to teach academics because college isn't the goal for her daughters. Matters of the house and mothering were the goals she had for her daughters. Her homeschooling posts even turned my stomach.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you really think this is CPS worthy? My neighbors were known drug dealers and users with a pack of kids. The CPS van was at their house at least once a day for months for issues including a toddler ingesting drugs that had been left lying around the house, and the kids remained in the home. Even with the shelving bunk beds you could do a lot worse than the LIfe in a Shoe's. And really, my hippie 1970s childhood was just as weird, materially deprived, and potentially hazardous as anything going on at LIAS.

Also I hate it when people start harassing fundie bloggers, because then they close down and I am denied my fix.

I think that anyone who beats their kids is CPS worthy. I also think that neglect is CPS worthy. CPS might not do anything about it, but it may make some of these fundies who beat and/or neglect think twice about doing it again. It may not make some nervous, but even if it makes one nervous enough to stop, then it's worth it to save a child from abuse.

Fetching your purse or getting your little one a drink does not fall under errands. These are things she should be doing. The woman is lazy.

Next she will post that she is building her biceps by changing her own tampons.

Seriously, I spend most of my day up and running around. I am supposed to work from home, but I rarely get to sit and work until after everyone is in bed.

How can a woman with so many kids spend her day sitting on her ass? I'm glad she has stopped doing that, but how is it even a possibility? I have five and I have the skinniest legs (no comment on my mid section though).

Next she will post that she is building her biceps by changing her

I found this funny but then realized she probably considers tampons the devil's fingers or something.

Guest Anonymous

I wonder if this picture was her inspiration for the arrangement: www.flickr.com/photos/kevinpurcell/749401525/

My three year old crawled into my lap just as I came across it and asked me what it was. I told him it was a picture of children sleeping on shelves, and he thought it was hilarious. His exact words: "Hahahaha, mommy, that's funny! Little children should sleep in beds! They're going to fall off those shelves and be hurt." I did explain that they only slept there when they couldn't get home to their beds because of bad weather, but he still said, "I think that's a bad idea mommy."

Hmm.

But I also know a family who stuck their newborn in the hospital room's bathroom just to be sure he would not be used to sleep with them. Yes. I know.

That makes me sick. Poor little baby. :cry:

Their clothing is stored under the house. That is repulsive.

Their clothing is stored under the house in the open air? In rat country? Forget the rats--it would take ONE stray cat or dog to anoint those clothes with an indelible stench.

I just read her post on storage space and was shocked to see that she has only one set of linens for each bed. What does she do if a child wets the bed or throws up in the middle of the night?

Let me get this straight. Their child wets the bed, so they put trash bags under her?? And put her on the floor? Which idiot thought those were viable solutions?

My god these people make me sick.

A. Her child has a problem. A common problem, but a problem no less.

B. Pull ups are a potential solution.

C. They can't afford pull-ups.

D. Therefore, they HAVE MORE CHILDREN?

How in the hell does that make sense???? I am sorry, but my husband and one of my nephews were bed wetters, and I can't fathom that it ever occurred to anyone to put trash bags under them or put them on the floor.

I also kind of bet she has taught the girl to take care of the problem herself, not because she wants to spare her the embarrassment, but because she's too damn lazy to get up with her child. I kinda suspect this because she teaches her 2 month old babies to sleep through the night (by denying them food), and then stacks them in a closet bedroom with their parents siblings.

GRRRR...... :cry:

I have heard lots of people refer to running around the house to fetch things as "errands." My mom used to send me on "errands" to get her purse for her or let the dogs outside or something. I don't think she ever called them that, but I remember wondering why I always had to be the family errand person, so the concept of errands inside the house must've crept into my brain somehow.

Well if they're going to use trash bags (which i can imagine thinking of, at the spur of the moment) - don't companies still make thick plastic or rubberized mattress covers? Just put the whole mattress in that baby (or strap it over the top surface if it's like a fitted sheet rather than a bag) and then put the normal soft sheets on top?

Only need to buy that once, and they last pretty much forever.

Well if they're going to use trash bags (which i can imagine thinking of, at the spur of the moment) - don't companies still make thick plastic or rubberized mattress covers? Just put the whole mattress in that baby (or strap it over the top surface if it's like a fitted sheet rather than a bag) and then put the normal soft sheets on top?

Only need to buy that once, and they last pretty much forever.

Absolutely.

It just blew my mind that at some point they thought it might make sense for her to either sleep on a trash bag, or pee straight onto a carpeted floor. This should not have involved a trial and error process...no one with a brain would have thought of it in the first place

I don't have kids, but shouldn't you address this somehow? I know kids grow out of it, but perhaps a dr. visit is in order to make sure it's not something more serious.

Just...ugh.

I'm pretty sure she does not take her kids to the doctor, and absolutely no vaccinations......

She just doesn't seem that bright. There's no homeschooling really to speak of. It's not un-schooling either. It's "NO Schooling" aka let's just be ignorant. She has no ambition except to make babies.

It's so hot in that house, she probably just lays around in front of the box fan.

She sells stuff for Dougie and hawks his various fund-raising projects when she can be bothered to blog. That's about it.

She has taken some trips to family by herself. She just leaves the 18 year old in charge of the other 12 kids and goes off sometimes.

Little kids and trash bags don't mix. That is a suffocation waiting to happen. Plus, add a layer of non-breathable fabric to that hot weather in a stuffy overcrowded room and she is just asking for heat stroke or some other heat-related health problem.

They make waterproof liners that aren't necessarily the most comfortable but at least they feel like fabric. And you can toss them in a washing machine and reuse them instead of throwing them away like garbage bags, so it would save money in the long run.

I'm pretty sure she does not take her kids to the doctor, and absolutely no vaccinations......

She just doesn't seem that bright. There's no homeschooling really to speak of. It's not un-schooling either. It's "NO Schooling" aka let's just be ignorant. She has no ambition except to make babies.

It's so hot in that house, she probably just lays around in front of the box fan.

She sells stuff for Dougie and hawks his various fund-raising projects when she can be bothered to blog. That's about it.

She has taken some trips to family by herself. She just leaves the 18 year old in charge of the other 12 kids and goes off sometimes.

aaaaaaand did you see her post where she says the husband and the older kids are away for the week end and she has to take care of like the 3 or 4 youngest and something terrible happenned she was not ready to reveal but she had to call the firemen?

I mean if she can't even take care of that many kids... There's a book I'd like to read: Life in a Shoe by the oldest daughter.

I think she can't get normal waterproof mattress covers because they don't fit on her ghetto jerry-rigged chunks of foam. She said that the girls sewed covers out of a normal sheet (she implied that these went all the way around the foam, bottom included, if I remember correctly), so they cannot be that big.

The kids mattresses are not even twin size so getting a water proof thing would have to be "cut to size", though she probably wouldn't buy a water proof mattress cover anyway from the store becuase they are to cheap.

It can't be that fucking difficult. Yes, it's difficult to raise 2 and I praise my parents for the work they've had to put into it, but really?? There's not enough space for all 10 of them? Not enough beds? That's when you go to a THRIFT STORE and buy bedding! Go to a local Salvation Army and buy mattresses and bunk beds! Tell your kids 'no' and tell them to set up a library somewhere fucking else! Putting an 18 year old in the same bedroom as a 3 year old plus 8 more siblings?! Unless you're poor enough to be collecting WELFARE... And even then, you have loads of charities, and if you're a fundie you even have a church to help you, or neighbors, SOMEBODY.

Letting your children share a bed with a bed-wetter? COME THE FUCK ON. IF YOU HAD ENOUGH BEDS TO BEGIN WITH THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM, DUMBASS. Putting the bed-wetter ON THE FLOOR? Great way to ruin the fucking carpet! Pull-ups too expensive? I'm sorry to hear that, get the generic brand. Oh, and rubber sheets ain't that expensive either, they last forever too! My sister and I were both bed-wetters... I stopped around 7 or 8, my sister went on until 13...

Personally I don't think it's so bad to have the bed-wetter wash her own sheets. It's better than laying in piss until morning, when it starts to smell. It's helping her siblings to since they don't have to wake up to the smell of piss. It's more than what most parents would do, yeah, but it's really not that difficult to do laundry, and I really don't understand people who don't know how to coming into college.

Fucking chunks of foam... why the hell hasn't CPS been called on this moron yet?

Small weird-size DIY one-step-up-from-straw-ticking mattresses?

Well hey! This is an opportunity for the Ph.D. in Homemaking to buy a few of the commercial (commercial!!!) rubberized mattress covers, cut them down to size and put in new zippers, so that they have at least TWO proper-size nice reusable washable rubber covers for their odd-sized shelf beds.

Put one of the things on the bed, and one in the corner where it's easy to reach, along with a FULL EXTRA SET of whatever sort of bedding their family uses (towelket, sheets, whatever it is).

When bed-wetter wakes up wet, she can then strip the bed easily, leave the soiled bedding aside, put on the OTHER spare rubber cover and new bedding, and stumble back to sleep, leaving the soiled bedding to be washed in the MORNING.

...at least, that's how my own lazy self would handle things. Heck, better yet, if the odd sized bits of foam were cheap and homemade to start with, get an extra one of those too and stand the whole spare thing in the corner with the spare rubber cover on it, so all you gotta do is throw one mattress off and plop the extra one on. Again, laundry (and making the soiled one the new spare) can happen in the morning.

I wonder if this picture was her inspiration for the arrangement: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinpurcell/749401525/

My three year old crawled into my lap just as I came across it and asked me what it was. I told him it was a picture of children sleeping on shelves, and he thought it was hilarious. His exact words: "Hahahaha, mommy, that's funny! Little children should sleep in beds! They're going to fall off those shelves and be hurt." I did explain that they only slept there when they couldn't get home to their beds because of bad weather, but he still said, "I think that's a bad idea mommy."

Hmm.

Your little boy is already smarter than some grown-ups.

Let me get this straight. Their child wets the bed, so they put trash bags under her?? And put her on the floor? Which idiot thought those were viable solutions?

My god these people make me sick.

A. Her child has a problem. A common problem, but a problem no less.

B. Pull ups are a potential solution.

C. They can't afford pull-ups.

D. Therefore, they HAVE MORE CHILDREN?

How in the hell does that make sense???? I am sorry, but my husband and one of my nephews were bed wetters, and I can't fathom that it ever occurred to anyone to put trash bags under them or put them on the floor.

I also kind of bet she has taught the girl to take care of the problem herself, not because she wants to spare her the embarrassment, but because she's too damn lazy to get up with her child. I kinda suspect this because she teaches her 2 month old babies to sleep through the night (by denying them food), and then stacks them in a closet bedroom with their parents siblings.

GRRRR...... :cry:

Trash bags??? On the floor??? In a room filled with little kids???

Why doesn't she make a bedcover out of those tablecloths that are plastic on one side and fuzzy on the other side? I think you can get them at the dollar store.

When bed-wetter wakes up wet, she can then strip the bed easily, leave the soiled bedding aside, put on the OTHER spare rubber cover and new bedding, and stumble back to sleep, leaving the soiled bedding to be washed in the MORNING.

They could handle it the way I handled crib issues when I had a baby who flooded her crib every night. I made the bed with a waterproof mattress cover, a fitted sheet, and then another waterproof mattress cover and another sheet. So when baby woke up screaming in the night with a soaked sheet, I could strip off the top layer and have a bed all ready, no need to even turn on lights. It fit really tight, so it was safe, no smothering hazard. If I had a bedwetter I would probably still do this because they could just pull off the top layer and go back to bed.

Of course, you need to have real mattresses for my plan to work. But really? They should have real mattresses.

[quote="emmiedahl"

How can a woman with so many kids spend her day sitting on her ass? I'm glad she has stopped doing that, but how is it even a possibility? I have five and I have the skinniest legs (no comment on my mid section though).

Archived