IGNORED

Sleeping on shelving??

IReallyAmHopewell

I don't think people realize how pitch black it is during a fire. I've never been in one but my son's best friend is a fireman, so just going by what he says. They are literally feeling around with their hands in a totally unfamiliar environment trying to find people and pets.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think people realize how pitch black it is during a fire. I've never been in one but my son's best friend is a fireman, so just going by what he says. They are literally feeling around with their hands in a totally unfamiliar environment trying to find people and pets.

Yep. I never realized it until I was in a building on fire. I couldn't see anything. It was so terrifying, and it left me with the deepest respect for firemen -- and the desire to make their jobs as easy as possible if I ever need their help. I think people have unrealistic expectations of them.

The closet beds are cute, but I would never in a million years do that with my children. I've been in a burning building before. Not only do I want to facilitate rescue in the case of a fire -- because there are beds to tell them there are children to look for and where -- but I don't expect a fireman to search every imaginable corner in the heat and complete darkness and risk their lives because I thought I was so cool. Seriously? You expect a fireman to search the shelves in the closet of what appears to be a play room where there's no reason for them to expect to find children? How self-centered and foolish can you be?

Oh right, the same kind of self-centered and foolish that thinks having fewer children and having more kids, but a bunch of them die of preventable illnesses, are essentially the same.

The fundies I grew up with were never stupid like this. Where are these people coming from and why are they attaching themselves to my God?

THAT (bold)

The fundies I grew up with were never stupid like this. Where are these people coming from and why are they attaching themselves to my God?

Strange, isn't it? I have yet to come across an extreme fundie who blogs with any sort of intelligence.

Strange, isn't it? I have yet to come across an extreme fundie who blogs with any sort of intelligence.

Blogging didn't exist when some of us were growing up. :-)

Archived