IGNORED

Feminists have penis envy!

dairyfreelife

I think our culture builds homemaking up to be something it is not. You hear things like: "Being at home with your children is the most important job in the world!" Um, more important than secretary of state? Or an emergency room nurse? Raising funds for a hospital that saves thousands of children from cancer? No, it just isn't more important than those. I am home with my children because I don't want to leave a baby who cannot tell me what happened at daycare with a person who is not me. And because childcare is very expensive. It is great for my child that he has a mommy to snuggle him, but I will not delude myself into thinking my job is more important than Hillary Clinton's in the grand scheme of things. And once he is old enough for a childcare environment by my standards, my importance in this equation will be even more diminished.

The other argument? "No one works as hard as a stay-at-home mom! It's a 24/7 job!" When I was a WOHM, I still had to get up at night, cook meals, clean the house, drive small people to activities, etc. I just had a much smaller time space in which to fit these things. My life is definitely easier being at home and would be much, much easier if I were not taking college classes and working full time from home. That is, if I were being a "real" housewife and not a WAHM.

So, am I putting down housewives to point these things out? I don't think so. I see it as realism. It is an important job, but not the most important. It is at times a mind-numbing and repetitive and sucky job, but not a particularly difficult one. It ain't pouring concrete or doing titrations all day. Being a mom is a 24/7 job that is sometimes stressful and filled with busy work, but that is not particular to a SAHM. All moms (barring Ann Romney and similar) do the same tasks, it's just that some have a full time job on top of it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Besides, what about feminists who have penises? Where do they fit into this worldview?

You know they think any man who professes to support feminism doesn't have one because we have emasculated him...

I think our culture builds homemaking up to be something it is not. You hear things like: "Being at home with your children is the most important job in the world!"

Except if we really believed that, we'd do more than just pay lip service, there would be actual benefits attached to it.

The other argument? "No one works as hard as a stay-at-home mom! It's a 24/7 job!" When I was a WOHM, I still had to get up at night, cook meals, clean the house, drive small people to activities, etc. I just had a much smaller time space in which to fit these things. My life is definitely easier being at home and would be much, much easier if I were not taking college classes and working full time from home. That is, if I were being a "real" housewife and not a WAHM.

QFT. Being a PARENT is a 24/7 job - most of us have other jobs that we do to pay the bill.

Pfft why would I want a penis when I have a clitoris? Clits are so much nicer to have. I've always thought penises were kind of cool, but I've never had a pathological envy of them.

Besides, what about feminists who have penises? Where do they fit into this worldview?

Duh, they obviously wish they had bigger penises, since they clearly feel emasculated or something. ;)

What is this? :O

It is the man's primary objective to have a career. Marriage and family are a close second...

Uhm... so the man is supposed to prioritize his career over marriage/family?

Oh, a penis might make a fun toy for a little bit, but they are...ummm...messy. A lot messier than clits, as far as playtime goes. I'll stick with what I have.

Me, too - DistantStar! And, I heard on the radio once that women's "O"s are about 6 times more powerful than a man's and very few men would be able to have multiples without risking slight brain damage. (I think it had something to do with the speed of the neurons firing inside the brain and then not getting a chance to recover before the next O hit. *Disclaimer: this was from buzzing thru the radio stations near Philly during their morning-zoo shows, so I never really did any research on the topic.)

And, to paraphrase the lovely Betty White: Don't tell people to grow a set of balls - tell' em to grow a vagina! Those things can take a pounding!

Me, too - DistantStar! And, I heard on the radio once that women's "O"s are about 6 times more powerful than a man's and very few men would be able to have multiples without risking slight brain damage. (I think it had something to do with the speed of the neurons firing inside the brain and then not getting a chance to recover before the next O hit. *Disclaimer: this was from buzzing thru the radio stations near Philly during their morning-zoo shows, so I never really did any research on the topic.)

And, to paraphrase the lovely Betty White: Don't tell people to grow a set of balls - tell' em to grow a vagina! Those things can take a pounding!

Can't find anything about brain damage. It's rare for male-bodied people to have multiple orgasms, but some can.

Can't find anything about brain damage. It's rare for male-bodied people to have multiple orgasms, but some can.

It's fabulous when you meet a man who can... :) :) Mine didnt even realize that that was NOT a normal male trait!!

Archived