IGNORED

IFB pastor's GLBT Final Solution

mirele

Pastor Charles Worsley of the Providence Baptist Church of Maiden, NC, said the following during a sermon on May 13:

"I figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. Build a great, big, large fence - 150 or 100 mile long - put all the lesbians in there... Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out… And you know what, in a few years, they'll die."

This can be triggering to people who have escaped fundamentalist outfits.

d2n7vSPwhSU

Local link (Charlotte Creative Loafing): http://clclt.com/theclog/archives/2012/ ... s-l-worley

Gay blog link: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/05/nc-pas ... video.html

church link: www.prbcnc.com

older church link (not quite as slick, but revealing): www.godsmessageforyou.org

Bussssted....

Yes, because it is contagious like leprosy :roll:

You know what *does* seem to be contagious? Religious extremism. Can we build a fucking compound for these people and get them away from the general public? They'd be happier, we'd be happier, seems like a win-win to me!

it just puts me in mind of:

tumblr_ln9wuqWipR1qesjmeo1_500.jpg

a friend of mine linked that on Facebook. I don't think I can watch it. I thought I'd been shocked a lot lately by the fundies and political right, but this... It's unbelievable to me.

Yes, because it is contagious like leprosy :roll:

You know what *does* seem to be contagious? Religious extremism. Can we build a fucking compound for these people and get them away from the general public? They'd be happier, we'd be happier, seems like a win-win to me!

Weren't all the fundie nutters supposed to move to South Carolina and secede from the union? Christian Exodus, I think it was. Anyway, they should totally do that.

So he's going to lock up all the lesbians in one place and then all the "queers and homosexuals" in another. I think he needs to get his terminology figured out.

Much better results if you put these asshole fundies in the cages the violence in the world will go way down.

Why does he want a concentration camp for the BGLT community? I thought that fundies were all about trying to live like Jesus... * sarcasm on the last sentence *

Weren't all the fundie nutters supposed to move to South Carolina and secede from the union? Christian Exodus, I think it was. Anyway, they should totally do that.

Yep. Apparently the theonomy crowd is crazy, but not crazy enough to move en masse to SC. Even the leader of the movement left.

Holy fucking shit...

You know the Landover Baptist website? I used to think it was a major hyperbole before I started reading Free Jinger.

I'm wondering if this pastor isn't in for a world of hurt, not just from mouthing off about a GLBT final solution, but for giving a negative endorsement against Obama over the pulpit. The IRS tends to not look kindly on that sort of thing. (Seriously, there's a case, "Church of Pierce Creek," where the church lost its tax exemption for telling people not to vote for Clinton in 1996.)

Godwin's Law. You're doing it wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. :shock:

I'm speechless, but not surprised. Nothing surprises me with these people any more.

So, this guy's solution is to create a world straight out of a YA dystopian novel. Excellent!

I say build a big fence and shove this asshole and all of his sniggering twat followers behind it.

I seriously don't get the hate these people have. It must slowly kill them inside to be filled with so much hate.

Is he seriously advocating starving LGBT people to death?

Actually no, he said something about dropping food down for them. He's saying to pen them up (separately) and they'll die out from lack of baby making. It makes no sense, but that's not surprising considering the source.

Actually no, he said something about dropping food down for them. He's saying to pen them up (separately) and they'll die out from lack of baby making. It makes no sense, but that's not surprising considering the source.

At least he has the sense to know that he should separate them. ;)

The way some of these people talk, it's like they think gay people are sterile.

At least he has the sense to know that he should separate them. ;)

The way some of these people talk, it's like they think gay people are sterile.

I find it...not amusing, but eye-roll inducing that they think if they take the gay people out of the population, then that's the end of gay people. Has no one told them that it's almost always the straight people making the gay babies, like that sign says?

I find it...not amusing, but eye-roll inducing that they think if they take the gay people out of the population, then that's the end of gay people. Has no one told them that it's almost always the straight people making the gay babies, like that sign says?

And it's not as easy to cull the gay people as the pastor thinks. There are degrees of homosexuality--ranging from the especially flamboyant/masculine to those who may have had homosexual experiences but are, in fact, straight, to those that live a "normal" straight life, down to the letter, but never actually feel any desire for the opposite sex. I wonder (but really I don't want to know the answer) where he would draw the line for those who go in the fence and those who stay out?

GLBT people are going to keep being born to all those straight parents, so this solution is not going to work in the long run. And how does he determine who goes behind the fence? It's not like people go around with signs saying *homosexual*. Most of the time you can't tell, and no one's going to go around telling that guy their orientation. The stupid seriously burns. Though like it's already been said, at least he's thought to separate males and females:)

GLBT people are going to keep being born to all those straight parents, so this solution is not going to work in the long run. And how does he determine who goes behind the fence? It's not like people go around with signs saying *homosexual*. Most of the time you can't tell, and no one's going to go around telling that guy their orientation. The stupid seriously burns. Though like it's already been said, at least he's thought to separate males and females:)

Please, don't give them any ideas.

Please, don't give them any ideas.

Oh wow, they would take that as a legit idea, wouldn't they? That would be horrible. But then again, the question still remains, how could they tell whose gay or not to implement such a horrible thing? Ugh when I think too much into this is makes me sad.

Oh wow, they would take that as a legit idea, wouldn't they? That would be horrible. But then again, the question still remains, how could they tell whose gay or not to implement such a horrible thing? Ugh when I think too much into this is makes me sad.

The pink triangles started as what the Nazis would make gay people wear, so, I think people like this would readily pick up the idea. Frame i as some sort of public health awareness. :roll:

And, picture any situation where people were persecuted for political beliefs, arrested on suspicion of sympathizing with parties out of power, but substitute orientation. You get the idea.

And it's not as easy to cull the gay people as the pastor thinks. There are degrees of homosexuality--ranging from the especially flamboyant/masculine to those who may have had homosexual experiences but are, in fact, straight, to those that live a "normal" straight life, down to the letter, but never actually feel any desire for the opposite sex. I wonder (but really I don't want to know the answer) where he would draw the line for those who go in the fence and those who stay out?

This. Everyone's a little gay! (Ok, maybe a *tiny* bit of hyperbole there, but there's a grain of truth to it.) Human sexuality is such a spectrum. I'm sure such an idea would blow this dude's mind, though.

Archived