IGNORED

Josh Duggar's Instagram (Part 3)

Alecto

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The majority of Bordino's reviews on Yelp are positive, effusive. I suggest folks in Fayetteville don't have a lot of dining experiences out in the world at large to compare it to. By the Duggars standards its fancy schmancy. Most reviewers did note they had an excellent bartender and mixed drinks.

edited to add: I just noticed old man Keller is in town.

No, just that the people who DO have experience with fine food don't write reviews on Yelp.

I don't know where ya'll live in but in my area DFW Texas this place would be fine dining and certainly a special event place and Fort Worth is not exactly a backwater;That said it is not gourmet by any means I know.

I am glad Josh and Anna went out for her birthday. It looks like a nice enough restaurant. Hopefully Ma and Pa Keller babysat, since they are in town.

I am glad Josh and Anna went out for her birthday. It looks like a nice enough restaurant. Hopefully Ma and Pa Keller babysat, since they are in town.

Not like Michelle would, and she's just 8 miles down the road, every day. :roll:

As for where I live, I admit to being a foodie and I live in the Gourmet Ghetto on the other side of the bay from San Francisco. So yeah, it's a VERY competitive market and you have to BRING your A game to survive around here.

FWIW, foodies DO comment on Yelp around here. Their reviews have been very helpful and steered me to dishes I might not otherwise have ordered.

/end food snob braggery :mrgreen:

Agree that Smugs was probably ready to order seconds on the steak when he got his portion, which is what we SHOULD be eating, unlike the Olive Garden and his other "Eye-talian" haunts.

No, just that the people who DO have experience with fine food don't write reviews on Yelp.

I live in a land of foodies, like Marmalade (albeit a smaller one) , Yelp is used by many of us to give more in depth reviews of dining experiences, discussions of menu items, preparation as well as service.

I'd say I'm an amateur foodie, living in a smaller city but one with a lot of great options.

While I'm more likely to go to urbanspoon (or yelp) when I've had a bad experience in order to warn away others I also will review places I like.

I just hate that its so easy to sign up multiple times and leave good reviews for a sh*tty place. I can't count how many times I've seen glowing reviews next to horrible ones only to realize that the positive ones come from brand new members. So you have to be careful to not fall for the tricks of some unscrupulous business owners.

I googled the restaurant Josh took Anna to for her birthday. Bordino's runs $25+ per entree. That's a bit pricey for his meager used car salesman salary...oh wait, TLC started filming, so they probably got a nice fat paycheck.

I always enjoy looking at the other instragram pictures that people post of the resturants Josh goes to. If you look at the other pics of Bordino's, almost all of them are of alcholic beverages or girls going out for a party night. Again Michelle's not wanting her family around booze goes out the window.

It still bothers me how on Josh and Anna's honeymoon episode when they went to the "fancy" steakhouse, he told her they would not be eating out like that again and they would be saving.

The menu:

Berkshire Pork Glazed Cabbage, Toasted Farro, Sorghum-Pork-Jus

Chicken Roasted Breast & Leg, Tesa Black-Eyed Peas, Pole Beans, Truffle Marsala Cream Sauce

Beef Tenderloin Yukon Gold Puree,Asparagus, Gorgonzola Butter

Strip Loin Polenta Fries, Confit Shallot, Herb-Beef Jus

Market Fish Polenta Gnocchi, Artichoke, Prosecco Beurre Blanc

*Hawaiian Tuna Baby Carrots, Minted English Pea Ragout, Carrot Salsa Verde

Bandera Quail Surryano & Shiitake Stuffing, White Asparagus, Almond Brown Butter

I don't see either of them knowing how to conduct themselves properly in a nice place without embarrassment. Neither of these twits can pronounce the majority of the words,let alone identify what they will be ordering and eating.It is a given they won't appreciate eating real cooking that took some skill.Would not be suprised if they hauled Mike in and asked for a high chair and made sure to ask for doggy bag :roll:

Even I had to google "farro." Here's what they wouldn't know: Truffle, marsala, puree, gorgonzola, polenta, confit, gnocchi, prosecco beurre blanc, ragout, verde, shiitake, Bandera, surryano......

Been faster to list what they would know :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

menu description:

deconstructed shredded yukon gold potatoes

shiitaake and wood-ear mushroom reduction w/crema blanco sauce

free-range turkey, lightly browned

aged cheddar cheese

$35

actual dish:

tater tot casserole

$1.33

why didn't they just go somewhere semi-fancy, like ryan's or golden corral?

The menu:

Berkshire Pork Glazed Cabbage, Toasted Farro, Sorghum-Pork-Jus

Chicken Roasted Breast & Leg, Tesa Black-Eyed Peas, Pole Beans, Truffle Marsala Cream Sauce

Beef Tenderloin Yukon Gold Puree,Asparagus, Gorgonzola Butter

Strip Loin Polenta Fries, Confit Shallot, Herb-Beef Jus

Market Fish Polenta Gnocchi, Artichoke, Prosecco Beurre Blanc

*Hawaiian Tuna Baby Carrots, Minted English Pea Ragout, Carrot Salsa Verde

Bandera Quail Surryano & Shiitake Stuffing, White Asparagus, Almond Brown Butter

I don't see either of them knowing how to conduct themselves properly in a nice place without embarrassment. Neither of these twits can pronounce the majority of the words,let alone identify what they will be ordering and eating.It is a given they won't appreciate eating real cooking that took some skill.Would not be suprised if they hauled Mike in and asked for a high chair and made sure to ask for doggy bag :roll:

I seriously love my food. I seriously am a 'foodie' be it a European one...I read and re-read that menu. . I assume that is an amalgamation of the menu..and not a 'Course' or choice?

Because Market Fish Polenta Gnocchi sounds like something i never want to meet. Ever. Hawaiian Tuna Baby carrots?

It still bothers me how on Josh and Anna's honeymoon episode when they went to the "fancy" steakhouse, he told her they would not be eating out like that again and they would be saving.

Too bad they didn't, because with as much as they eat out and buy frivolous stuff, they could have bought a house that ISN'T the size of a shoe box by now. I looked on Trulia recently to check prices. :P

I seriously love my food. I seriously am a 'foodie' be it a European one...I read and re-read that menu. . I assume that is an amalgamation of the menu..and not a 'Course' or choice?

Because Market Fish Polenta Gnocchi sounds like something i never want to meet. Ever. Hawaiian Tuna Baby carrots?

I was thinking the same thing. I think the plate reads wrong, but I'm still not feeling polenta gnocchi with my market fish. Why is the hawaiian tuna starred? Maybe it's served raw (poki style), which Smuggar could not handle. at. all.

The starred dishes may contain raw ingredients.

On the restaurant menu it's main dish and sides basically. The $25 price is for "first seating" with a choose one type menu. There are also more selections than listed in this discussion. From my experience with Arkansas this would be a fairly top tier place there. I'm more used to finding such delights as baked squash (shredded yellow summer squash mixed with stuffing, cheese, and maybe butter formed into a ball and baked). Tasty but not healthy or anything resembling gourmet.

The starred dishes may contain raw ingredients.

On the restaurant menu it's main dish and sides basically. The $25 price is for "first seating" with a choose one type menu. There are also more selections than listed in this discussion. From my experience with Arkansas this would be a fairly top tier place there. I'm more used to finding such delights as baked squash (shredded yellow summer squash mixed with stuffing, cheese, and maybe butter formed into a ball and baked). Tasty but not healthy or anything resembling gourmet.

Add some chevre to the mix instead of grocery store cheese, and top it with porcini's pan fried and in a white wine reduction and whalla, gourmet. (BTW I hate the word gourmet, it's dated and too inclusive for today's world of market to table cuisine.)

Add some chevre to the mix instead of grocery store cheese, and top it with porcini's pan fried and in a white wine reduction and whalla, gourmet. (BTW I hate the word gourmet, it's dated and too inclusive for today's world of market to table cuisine[/b ].)

Lord, now I can't help but think of kid farm, where Bill Engvall (NOT the comedian!) is insisting that Jean is "le family gourmet" when they buy their bulk can goods from Aldi :lol:

Forgive me if this has been addressed. But the pic with Mike and his two grandfathers, he looks to have an undershirt along with his button up. Isn't it a tad bit HOT there, like in a previous pic it was 100 degrees? I don't get this family.

Too bad they didn't, because with as much as they eat out and buy frivolous stuff, they could have bought a house that ISN'T the size of a shoe box by now. I looked on Trulia recently to check prices. :P

Exactly! My husband is a mastermind when it comes to our family budget and finances. Part of the plan to get debt free (we have our mortgage and some school loans left) is not eating out a lot. We live around the corner from his work so he even comes home for lunch now. Luckily, Walmart offers more organic and healthier products, so I can buy healthy food for my family and not spend a fortune. It is really the arrogant fame going to Smuggar's head. He grew up with small portions for dinner and never getting to go out, now he's like those people who win the lotto and just blow it. Too bad he doesn't have enough edukashun to add up his eating-out bills and compare that to a larger house payment. :doh:

I live in a land of foodies, like Marmalade (albeit a smaller one) , Yelp is used by many of us to give more in depth reviews of dining experiences, discussions of menu items, preparation as well as service.

You can't really compare NW Arkansas with San Francisco and other big cities. People here don't even understand Neapolitan pizza, which is my specialty. The small minority that do (and I do meet some people who can talk intelligently about Tipo 00 flour on occasion) can also recognize that their time would be wasted reviewing restaurants on Yelp.

You can't really compare NW Arkansas with San Francisco and other big cities. People here don't even understand Neapolitan pizza, which is my specialty. The small minority that do (and I do meet some people who can talk intelligently about Tipo 00 flour on occasion) can also recognize that their time would be wasted reviewing restaurants on Yelp.

I live in a college town of 50K in Blue Oregon. It's not a metropolitan area by any means and a bit smaller than Fayetteville, both in area and population. I do understand the food mecca that is SF, in a different lifetime I had a flat there. But I think different areas take food more seriously than others. Here market to table is important and does justify a commensurate price, but if it's prepared like crap it doesn't yield the value to the diner.

The menu sounds really odd to me too. Beef with mashed potato and....Gorgonzola butter? Really? Wouldn't a red wine jus go better? The Hawaiian tuna dish also sounds bizarre to me. I also had to google surryano, turns out it's a weird spelling of serrano.

It seems like a load of fancy-sounding ingredients put together without actually suiting each other, personally.

Exactly! My husband is a mastermind when it comes to our family budget and finances. Part of the plan to get debt free (we have our mortgage and some school loans left) is not eating out a lot. We live around the corner from his work so he even comes home for lunch now. Luckily, Walmart offers more organic and healthier products, so I can buy healthy food for my family and not spend a fortune. It is really the arrogant fame going to Smuggar's head. He grew up with small portions for dinner and never getting to go out, now he's like those people who win the lotto and just blow it. Too bad he doesn't have enough edukashun to add up his eating-out bills and compare that to a larger house payment. :doh:

Eating out should be considered entertainment and budgeted as such. It wont hurt your budget to say eat out once a week, but that means making scarifies elsewhere like not going to a movie. Or in my case cut into my yarn budget.

Eating out should be considered entertainment and budgeted as such. It wont hurt your budget to say eat out once a week, but that means making scarifies elsewhere like not going to a movie. Or in my case cut into my yarn budget.

I like that! We actually don't go to movies except once in a blue moon, but I do have a tendency to want to get take-out for dinner when the kids are wound up and I can't manage to make a decent dinner. That's where we realized a bit of our money was going towards. I used to have a babysitter who would come just around dinner time to entertain the kids so I could run errands and make dinner. Since she's been busy with college, the last few months have been a bit of a challenge with that. Now that the kids are in summer camp and are starting preschool in the fall, I will have a better schedule for making dinner. I'm terrible at multitasking and get distracted very easily, so I'm likely to burn dinner without a little help with keeping my two monkeys occupied. That's just my crazy self! :D

I like that! We actually don't go to movies except once in a blue moon, but I do have a tendency to want to get take-out for dinner when the kids are wound up and I can't manage to make a decent dinner. That's where we realized a bit of our money was going towards. I used to have a babysitter who would come just around dinner time to entertain the kids so I could run errands and make dinner. Since she's been busy with college, the last few months have been a bit of a challenge with that. Now that the kids are in summer camp and are starting preschool in the fall, I will have a better schedule for making dinner. I'm terrible at multitasking and get distracted very easily, so I'm likely to burn dinner without a little help with keeping my two monkeys occupied. That's just my crazy self! :D

Have you ever tried cooking like 14 meals on a weekend and freezing them. It's a lot of time in one day, but you always have something to make for dinner. I've used this cookbook: http://www.30mealsinoneday.com/ and it's not too bad.

Have you ever tried cooking like 14 meals on a weekend and freezing them. It's a lot of time in one day, but you always have something to make for dinner. I've used this cookbook: http://www.30mealsinoneday.com/ and it's not too bad.

I do this. I use onceamonthmom.com for recipes. She does a menu for 15-30 meals, breakfast and lunches too, and I just weed out things that my family won't eat and add other meals that they will. It normally takes me a weekend from start to finish, but it's a lot easier with a little one running around and my husband's work schedule being so unpredictable.

Archived