IGNORED

Man tries to stop estranged wife from voting

easternabeille

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... h-suv?lite

A man, angry that his estranged wife wanted to vote for someone other than Scott Walker in WI, tried to physically prevent her from driving out to vote. According to reports Jeffrey Randle repeatedly jumped in front of Amanda Radle's SUV and even climbed on top of her roof to keep her from driving. After seeing an opening and trying to drive around him to leave, he lunged in front of her car and was hit. The wife called the police to report the incident and her estranged husband was taken to the hospital with injuries. However my favorite quote from this article comes from the husband's brother Mike Randle (apparently both brothers are staunch supporters of Gov. Walker):

"These crazy liberal nuts are always pulling this crap," Mike Radle said. He said that Amanda Radle wanted to vote for “one of the women candidates,†according to the Journal-Sentinel.

So, who's the crazy nut here? The woman who just wanted to go out and vote or the person who kept jumping in front of her car to keep her from voting for someone he didn't 'approve' of?

Had this been me, one of two scenarios would have happened: He dies because even as he jumps in front of the car, I continue to drive, or I continue to drive with him on the roof (and he likely dies or is seriously injured). Jail time to follow. :shifty:

While I kinda relish her hitting the douchebag, I wish she'd called the cops beforehand. I'd hate to see her get into any legal trouble for what happened.

I'm sorry she hit him. I would have preferred she just slap his ass with a civil rights suit, and ask the feds to nail him for interfering with a voter.

I'm sorry she hit him. I would have preferred she just slap his ass with a civil rights suit, and ask the feds to nail him for interfering with a voter.

I agree, she should have just called the cops and told them, "My estranged husband will not let me leave the house and insists on standing in front of my vehicle and/or climbing on it." You don't have to give a reason why you need to leave, just the fact that Mr. estranged husband is being an asshat should be enough.

From what I understand he jumped in front of her SUV. That sounds like an accident not intentional. If this accident hadn't happened then I do believe he would have tried blocking her from from entering the building. If I'm not mistaken that's a civil rights violation.

There's no way she should be charged for hitting this asshat, he was the one who jumped in front of hr vehicle. I agree that she should have alled the cops sooner, but she obviously didn't think he'd go to such extreme measures to stop h from voting!

Hopefully, she still got to her voting location in time, which in my opinion, is the important aspect in this story. I certainly don't give a shit about how her idiot husband is doing.

Hopefully, she still got to her voting location in time, which in my opinion, is the important aspect in this story. I certainly don't give a shit about how her idiot husband is doing.

My thoughts exactly.

This. If anything, I hope the asshole gets a strict restraining order against him, and charged with a civil rights violation by the feds.

Police have responded several times to the home before, Stelter told the Journal Sentinel.

Poor girl. I don't even want to know what this man had done in the past to warrant multiple visits from the police!

I agree, she should have just called the cops and told them, "My estranged husband will not let me leave the house and insists on standing in front of my vehicle and/or climbing on it." You don't have to give a reason why you need to leave, just the fact that Mr. estranged husband is being an asshat should be enough.

Since the polls do close, since it's a voting matter the cops might get there sooner if they knew she was trying to vote.

I wonder if this guy went to the house with much more violent intentions and then pulled the 'voting disagreement' as an excuse when the cops showed up.

A little part of me hopes that he was injured just enough to be unable to vote. Estranged husbands are dumb. My ex BiL told my sister that he didn't trust her taste in men 'because she had married (ex BiL)'.

Amen :clap:

This is all kinds of weird. The Walker fans are a really rabid lot. I was up in WI a few months ago and saw billboards (someone is paying big bucks for those) essentially saying the liberal whackjobs (I kid you not there was name calling) were taking over and that is why Walker needs to be re-elected.

Archived