IGNORED

Miss Raquel reaches a new low

formergothardite

I knew she was self-absorbed, but not this self-absorbed. Someone she sort of knew fell into a river and died.

http://www.starherald.com/news/nation_w ... 963f4.html

And she managed to make the whole fucking post about her. From how hard it has been on her (even though she barely knows him) to all the ways she imagined she will die to waxing poetically about how she wants to be remember as a wonderful person when she dies.

She even titled the blog post: Beautiful Death. :shock:

Someone needs to slap some sense into her.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother have died within 6 months of each other, my grandmother unexpectedly. There's no such thing as beautiful death, and if she was any kind of Christian she would follow Jesus' example of weeping at the ugliness of death.

But what hope do unbelievers have? What hope do their loved ones have whom they left behind? None. And what legacy do they leave behind?.....

I just ... wow, dude.

I just ... wow, dude.

I did the same thing. That part was really fucked up. The unbelievers and their loved ones do have hope and a lot of good atheists have left different legacies behind.

There is no such thing as a "beautiful death". My maternal grandmother lived to be 96 and the last few months of her life were hard, because she was suffering from body slowly shutting down.

Maybe she secretly wants to be discussed on here, and we haven't talked about her for a few weeks? She is such an attention whore that she can't bear it.

I just ... wow, dude.

Yeah. My grandfather, an athiest and one of the most important people in my life, died a couple years ago. Before he died, he told my grandmother that, although he didn't believe in an afterlife, he believed that you live on in this world through the good that you do and the people whose lives you touch. He was a medical doctor and eventually a med school professor, a loving husband, father, and grandfather, and a giving member of his community. I think he left a great legacy, and left the people close to him with a lot of hope, despite being an "unbeliever."

People like Miss Raquel are so full of crap and can't fathom anything beyond their narrow, limited belief system. If I wasn't disgusted by her, I'd feel bad for her.

Yeah. My grandfather, an athiest and one of the most important people in my life, died a couple years ago. Before he died, he told my grandmother that, although he didn't believe in an afterlife, he believed that you live on in this world through the good that you do and the people whose lives you touch. He was a medical doctor and eventually a med school professor, a loving husband, father, and grandfather, and a giving member of his community. I think he left a great legacy, and left the people close to him with a lot of hope, despite being an "unbeliever."

People like Miss Raquel are so full of crap and can't fathom anything beyond their narrow, limited belief system. If I wasn't disgusted by her, I'd feel bad for her.

There are times I have felt bad for her, because is very sheltered. But after reading that, I'm disgusted. I hope when she faces the real world, she gets smacked down right away because it will force her to actually grow up.

This brought tears to my eyes. He sounds like he was a wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss.

This week I attended a visitation for a friend who passed away at the age of 29. He died 2 days before his daughter's first birthday. I see nothing beautiful about that. There was, however, beauty in those he left behind. His visitation lasted 2 hours later than it was scheduled for, and there was a line of people out the door and down the block for the duration (I believe 5 hours total). It had been a few years since we saw each other (aside from comments of facebook) and I am still very saddened by his death, but my heart is absolutely broken for his wife and daughter. Beautiful Death? I think not.

This idiot girl likes to pretend that she knows everything when she knows nothing. I wonder how many true friends she really has. If she wasn't so horrid, I would almost feel sorry for her.

Maybe she secretly wants to be discussed on here, and we haven't talked about her for a few weeks? She is such an attention whore that she can't bear it.

She is an attention whore. But I've noticed some of her readers buy into her wise girl act and she probably gets kicks from that.

I don't think she has any real friends outside of people like the Anonymous Antagonist who just fawns over her. After her reaction to a friend mentioning that she might like a guy and then her other post about how a bunch of the girls she knew got insulted by the things she says (wasn't her fault, they just didn't understand her), I think most of the people her age probably avoid her. She doesn't seem like a pleasant person to be around.

This week I attended a visitation for a friend who passed away at the age of 29. He died 2 days before his daughter's first birthday. I see nothing beautiful about that. There was, however, beauty in those he left behind. His visitation lasted 2 hours later than it was scheduled for, and there was a line of people out the door and down the block for the duration (I believe 5 hours total). It had been a few years since we saw each other (aside from comments of facebook) and I am still very saddened by his death, but my heart is absolutely broken for his wife and daughter. Beautiful Death? I think not.

This idiot girl likes to pretend that she knows everything when she knows nothing. I wonder how many true friends she really has. If she wasn't so horrid, I would almost feel sorry for her.

That is very sad. I agree there is always beauty in those left behind. In the past I've laughed at how Miss Raquel think she knows everything, but now I just view her as an idiot who needs to be smacked down. I think that sometimes during the teenage years we can be assholes or think we know better. I think Miss Raquel is worse than the current teenagers that I know. The current teenagers that I know are more in tune with the real world than Raquel is. But they still know that there is a lot they have to learn about the world.

I don't think she has any real friends outside of people like the Anonymous Antagonist who just fawns over her. After her reaction to a friend mentioning that she might like a guy and then her other post about how a bunch of the girls she knew got insulted by the things she says (wasn't her fault, they just didn't understand her), I think most of the people her age probably avoid her. She doesn't seem like a pleasant person to be around.

I think the AA is probably her closest friend. The people who do guest posts on her blog probably aren't close friends. They just hang around in some of the same circles, but there might not be close friendships.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to express pre-coffee. ;) Thank you for sharing your grandfather's legacy.

My spouse's father was a non-believer. In fact, he was a skeptic through and through. He was also a loving father, and a dedicated educator. He died far too soon from colon cancer (my spouse and his sister were in their teens - beautiful death, my ass). There is a library and an award for integrating technology into education named after him. Films of him with my spouse as a toddler are still used in developmental psych classes where he taught. And most importantly, he was such a good dad that I see his hand in the way my spouse is with Monkey. And that's a pretty f'in good legacy if you ask me.

I just left this comment (I think lol. :doh: I created a Yahoo ID just to do it):

Miss Raquel,

The process of dying is rarely beautiful; rarely dignified. This is especially true of someone whose life was lost to an accident like drowning. I've lost someone very dear to me this way, so I speak from experience. She was not a 'believer,' but like you, she was strong and vibrant, and full of life. Her legacy is just that - a kind word, a smile, and a myriad of memories. For those close to her who are also not believers, their hope lies in doing justice to her example.

I realize that this is your blog, and that you're entitled to your thoughts, but I felt the need to share this with you. I hope you'll continue to be there are a comfort to your friends who knew this young man well.

Maude

I tried to be civil, so hopefully it might see the light of day, but I won't be holding my breath.

ETA: ellerigby, I'm sorry about your grandfather, and about your friend, BoomerLynn. Grief is never easy.

I will be shocked if she posts it. She doesn't like people to disagree with her.

Wow, I just realized my wording got jumbled near the end. Oops. It must have been the excitement over my new life on Yahoo! :lol:

Wow that was all about her. Also how can she promote modesty when large parts of her blog are photos of her posing for the camera? Weird.

I just ... wow, dude.

If Miss Raquel should buy the farm and start pushing up the daisies from six feet any time soon her "legacy" will include a blog demonstrating extraordinary selfishness and self-involvement. God's Daughter? Pshaw! Arrogant little twit.

She usually just bores me, but this particular post is just so insensitive to the young man who died and his family. I know she is young, but please include me in with the people who want to shake some sense into her sorry little ass. :evil:

Grow up Miss R. It is not all about you.

Ellerigby, Monkeymomma, and Maude I am very sorry for all of your losses.

Thanks. Her whole post just hit a nerve with me. She really has no idea what emotionally draining is. It's this young man's family and close friends who've literally been through hell this past week.

I just left this comment (I think lol. :doh: I created a Yahoo ID just to do it):

Miss Raquel,

The process of dying is rarely beautiful; rarely dignified. This is especially true of someone whose life was lost to an accident like drowning. I've lost someone very dear to me this way, so I speak from experience. She was not a 'believer,' but like you, she was strong and vibrant, and full of life. Her legacy is just that - a kind word, a smile, and a myriad of memories. For those close to her who are also not believers, their hope lies in doing justice to her example.

I realize that this is your blog, and that you're entitled to your thoughts, but I felt the need to share this with you. I hope you'll continue to be there are a comfort to your friends who knew this young man well.

Maude

I tried to be civil, so hopefully it might see the light of day, but I won't be holding my breath.

ETA: ellerigby, I'm sorry about your grandfather, and about your friend, BoomerLynn. Grief is never easy.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I wonder if she will wax poetically when her horse dies?

But is he a BELIEVER?? What will Mr. Knightly's legacy BE if he cannot accept Jesus as his Personal Savior?

I would feel sorry for her but that comment about atheists leaving nothing behind made me feel sick. I hate it when religious people try and use that as a conversion technique. I don't want to live this life worrying about the next one, I want to make the best of THIS life and know I will live on in my loved ones' memories.

Archived