IGNORED

New Blog - "A womans place..."

Buzzard

This prolific blogger is a convert to catholicism with a hubby at the awesome Ave Maria waste of moneyschool of law. She's prego with her 4th, makes her own rosaries, and seems to head cover. Her hatred for women who refuse to swallow the kool aid without a chaser is shocking, as seen in her "female ordination" tags. She discusses with particular enmity the nuns who told the vatican to "suck it" (obviously not in those words) discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9651&hilit=vatican

Gotta love the "birth control is for sissies" shirt she's sporting!

awomansplaceis.blogspot.com/search/label/Female%20Ordination

eta:

awomansplaceis.blogspot.com/search/label/abortion

Her "abortion" tags are equally painful. Gotta love taking the kiddies to the abortion clinic to "pray for babies" and "keep them away from bad people!"

I may or may not have been reading this blog for ages with the nickname "Cam's Judging Corner" because of all the negative posts :oops:

She had a miscarriage last year and was in bad shape for a while (discussions with her in the comments section were like :doh:, in one in particular she accused me of "attacking" her when nothing of the sort was the case) so I didn't have the heart to post it here.

A college friend, who has become a holier than the Pope convert to Catholisism, occasionally posts links to this blog on her FB.

I see the miscarriage stuff now from octoberish but she's got rosary giveaways and dressing her kids up as nuns (and finger wagging about halloween) in between the discussion.

I see the miscarriage stuff now from octoberish but she's got rosary giveaways and dressing her kids up as nuns (and finger wagging about halloween) in between the discussion.

There was a bad streak of complaints about mass, but yeah it was a while ago. Either the priest had said stuff wrong or other parishioners were problems. People staring at her dresses and headcoverings. Every couple of days there'd be a post about how offended she was by something like that.

Christ on a cracker, that woman has a lot of blogs in her blogroll.

And I grew up in a very similar environment. Everything that happened in our home and our lives was revolving around (and constrained by) this intensely-religious mindset. I feel sorry for these kids. I got out, but it took me 25 years and meeting the love of my life to do so. I hope that it's better for her little ones, but as far as I can see, this insular, judgmental thinking will get worse before it gets better.

I saw picture of her from the April 26th posting in which she wears a shirt that says, " Birth Control Is For Sissies" and in that posting she talks about NFP is the right thing to do. Seeing that picture of her wearing that shirt fucking pissed me off for different reasons. Some women aren't in the right situations for NFP.

As for the head coverings, it isn't surprising that people at Mass would be staring at them. In past eras, head coverings were a bit common in some Catholic communties. I grew up in the Catholic communities of northern New Mexico and head coverings were commonly used by Hispano women up until the 1960's or so. In grandmother's photo albums, there were dozens of old pictures of women wearing head coverings for Mass and other Catholic events. Occasionally when I attend Catholic funerals up there, I will sometimes see a woman in her 70's or older wearing a head covering. In a lot of Catholic parishes, head coverings aren't common and people will end up staring if women or kids showed up in them.

I understand little girls wanting to look like mommy, but they're shown wearing coverings A LOT! She's not covering those munchkins, is she!?!?

I understand little girls wanting to look like mommy, but they're shown wearing coverings A LOT! She's not covering those munchkins, is she!?!?
It doesn't much look like it for everyday, just for Mass.

For a fundie, she's almost .... rational...

But seriously, you know you can use NFP. It's not foolproof but it's better than nothing. Yet another woman ruining her health and having more kids than they can afford because "God wanted me to". The only thing different is she appears not to be beating her kids.

Archived