IGNORED

Biden Announces His Support for Gay Marriage

pomology

The front page of the New York Times this morning has an article about how Joe Biden said he was "absolutely comfortable" with gay marriage. I'm glad that Biden spoke out about his beliefs, even though the White House is going into "damage control" mode saying that this isn't Obama's view or official policy or whatever.

But, yay Biden! :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag:

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but considering the mixing of Christianity into our politics is what is responsible for gay marriage being an issue, I thought it was relevant to fundies.

Not surprised at all. I expect that if Obama gets a second term he will suddenly have a "change of heart".

Not surprised at all. I expect that if Obama gets a second term he will suddenly have a "change of heart".

Oh definitely. I am of the opinion that Obama supports gay marriage 100%, but he's too afraid to say so because he thinks it will lose him votes (for more examples of this phenomenon see: most stances Obama has taken as president :roll:). Like, what the fuck does "My views are evolving" mean? It means he knows that he will eventually come out in support of it, but he's too spineless to do it now.

I think that there are precious few people out there who would support Obama as it is, but would change their mind and not support him if he outwardly supported gay marriage. But there might be just enough people in Ohio and Pennsylvania who are Democrats, but socially conservative that it would lose him the election. Either way, go Biden for speaking up despite that.

It was a little tepid and the WH rolled it back some this morning. But I think that's a smart move. He knows the climate he exists in and is playing accordingly. As far as I'm concerned he can say whatever he needs to say to win.

His Ohio stop was great. I just wish they had showed it in its entirety.

The front page of the New York Times this morning has an article about how Joe Biden said he was "absolutely comfortable" with gay marriage. I'm glad that Biden spoke out about his beliefs, even though the White House is going into "damage control" mode saying that this isn't Obama's view or official policy or whatever.

But, yay Biden! :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag:

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but considering the mixing of Christianity into our politics is what is responsible for gay marriage being an issue, I thought it was relevant to fundies.

I bet that Biden made the comment because of the vote that is coming up in NC

I have to wonder if Biden voicing his support (although it was a bit tepid) was a sort of test balloon for the administration. Today, Arne Duncan (Education Secretary) said that he supported marriage equality and he wasn't tepid about it at all. So I think, as we get closer to the election, while we may not get Obama to come out full in support of marriage equality, we will hear approval for it.

Link with comments by Duncan - http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la ... 6559.story

I think this is off-topic, like abortion and gay topics that don't directly involve fundies (there should be a political sub forum here for these matters when there is no direct fundy involvement - when I come to the snark forum, I don't like having to sift through off-topic stuff to see what the fundies are up to).

But anyway, yay for Biden! While I wish the White House would come out in full support, I hate to say it, but I understand they have to play the political game. Romney's people aren't above saying whatever they have to for votes. While I wish political candidates were honest about themselves and what they said about their opponents, that's not how it works at this time.

Archived