IGNORED

Dougie and Easter

Sweetpea1

To the mods - I didnt see another topic like this, but if there is please merge.

So I was reading on this blog:

http://ingridgraceandaudrey.blogspot.com/ (I'm not breaking the link as I don't think she will mind our visits.)

Ingrid has a post about Dougie and his epic Titanic frenzy. Apparently Dougie ignored Easter this year. No mention of the season. So apparently Titanic is bigger than God in Dougie's world?

Is Phillips one of those fundys who does not celebrate Christmas and Easter?

Hi, y'all.

Think about it. There are 2 parts to Christianity: One is the Law, which says, "Be perfect or die." The other is the Gospel, which says, "Jesus was perfect for you; love HIm, serve others, and yeah you'll die but you'll be in the good world when you do."

Now: Dougie makes his rather plush living - as do many others - by emphasizing the "Be perfect" part and selling trips and courses and toys and lectures promising to deliver a little more every time on the road to perfection.

Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus - the Guy who was perfect for us;

Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus - thus completing His work to be perfect for us.

Doug sells stuff that focuses on "Be perfect."

Why ever would he focus on "Jesus was perfect for us!"

It makes perfect (parden the word) sense that yes, he ignores Christmas and Easter. He may say that he ignores them because they are pagan-tainted, worldly commercializations of the Gospel.

He ignores them because he is busy commercializing the Law!!!!!

I write the above in a spirit of providing an essay on Doug & C&E, I don't write it to mock or belittle any questions that came before.

Just want to be sure my intentions are clear. All I don't need right now is a firestorm online.

Love y'all.

Don't think you need to worry about creating a firestorm when you comment on the Doug - I bet that most of the FJ'ers have a pretty jaundiced view of him (count me in as one who thinks he is a tool - and a poor one at that)

That's one thing I've never gotten about fundies (one of many); they go on and on about Jesus doing the saving, and not works by humans, but then they get all you MUST follow God's plan for gender roles, the family, etc. So which is it? Saved by grace? Or saved by works?

I like sweetpeas's comment that Doug would celebrate these if he could find a way to make money on them. And I guess dressing up as Pontius Pilate or a Roman soldier isn't as much fun as dressing up as a rich, first class Titanic passenger.

Is Phillips one of those fundys who does not celebrate Christmas and Easter?

Apparently so. Jennifer Epstein once wrote on her now defunct blog (Jen's Gems) that Phillips thought Christmas was too pagan or something so he and his family don't celebrate, but he makes much effort to shill his wares to his sheeple right around this time to "make up" for all that.

Archived