IGNORED

Christian Feminism (and other links)

Soldier of the One

I know it's a bit boring to post a link, but I thought some of you mind find this interesting:

christianfeminism.wordpress.com/

'Christian Feminism' is a great blog that talks about women's equality, women in ministry and reading the Bible through an egalitarian lens. There's a series of articles discussing Adam and Eve that takes patriocentricity to task. Enjoy!

Also, the online journal 'Religion Dispatches' has some interesting pieces up:

- Sex and the (Hipster) Church: talks about discussions of sexuality in the Evangelical movement and our friend Mark Driscoll makes a cameo :)

religiondispatches.org/archive/sexandgender/5667/sex_and_the_%28hipster%29_church%E2%80%94just_a_gimmick/

- Kirk Cameron's Monumental Reveals Subtle Influence of Christian Reconstructions: aaaand Dougie makes a cameo appearance in this article

religiondispatches.org/archive/atheologies/5845/kirk_cameron%E2%80%99s_monumental_reveals_subtle_influence_of_christian_reconstructionism_/

- 'One of Us': Rick Santorum and the Politics of (very big) Family: features the Duggars!

religiondispatches.org/archive/atheologies/5844/%E2%80%9Cone_of_us%E2%80%9D%3A_rick_santorum_and_the_politics_of_%28very_big%29_family/

I hope these are helpful and/or of interest!

All the best :)

Nice! The Adam and Eve articles are quite similar to concepts that I was taught (and that I periodically preach around here).

Obviously, I don't share the same doctrine re Jesus - but I did find a Chabad source claiming that there will be gender equality in the Messianic era.

"But there is an even deeper connection -- continues the Rebbe in the above talk -- of women to the messianic era. Kabbalistic and chassidic teachings have a special understanding of the role of the feminine in the Era of Redemption and the World-to-Come. Then, say the classical sources, all the "feminine" aspects of the world will emerge from their concealment and diminution in the unredeemed world and rise to the highest stature.5 That is the deeper reason -- says the Rebbe -- that in our generation the innovations and increase in Torah study connect to and are emphasized in relation to women."

from here: http://www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/ar ... icture.htm

[ultra-Orthodox Hassidic Jews are not generally associated with feminism, but I thought this sort of theological view of feminism was quite ground-breaking. This is a group that doesn't see the Messianic era as a distant event, but as something that could start any moment.]

Archived