I remember vague mention of miscarriage #w a whole back, but not necessarily it's name.

Anyone recall when it became Caleb?

Pretty much when she decided that she better come up with a name when people pointed out her double standards. I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb was the first name that popped into her tiny mind.

IIRC, they acknowledge that they never knew the sex of the fetus. Which just makes the whole "Joshua and Caleb" story more suspect to me. If you really like the idea of having a Joshua and a Caleb, why not save the name for your second son rather than go for "John"? If you never even knew the gender of the miscarriage, there's especially no harm no foul. And on a related note, I seriously doubt Jubilee would have ended up with that ridiculous name had she been born a live baby. Aside from the rhyming twins names, the Duggars have never gone too far off the reservation with their kids' names. Aside from the J thing, of course.

This is suspect, why not pick a gender neutral name? I know a family who had a miscarriage. They were devastated. They decided to name the baby using a gender neutral name and they had a small funeral for it. It helped them mourn the loss and move on with their lives.

Archived