IGNORED

Is there a difference? (prolife question)

BelieveinScience

I'm pro-choice and pro-informed consent euthanasia. So like....no you can't kill your disabled kids. If your mom is old an dying and in her right mind and wants to end it.....I'm pretty okay with that.

I'm not okay with 3rd trimester elective abortions.... but like sometimes shit happens? I don't even know. The story in the OP sounds bullshit but it's maybe an interesting thought exercise.

Maybe fetuses feel pain after 20 weeks? That could be why some people would be okay with an 8 week abortion but not a 30 week one. Or the heartbeat thing, or the "could possibly be viable outside the womb" thing, or they're just arbitrary for no reason (can you have a good reason to be arbitrary? I don't know!) or whatever.

Regardless, my stance on abortion is I wish they didn't happen. I think they should be legal and freely available. I think we should focus more on prevention of unwanted pregnancies.

But...but...that's so LOGICAL. *brainsplosion*

I think you're way over-reacting. Some of us here don't think euthanasia is murder. We also don't think abortion is murder. I don't think it's fair to pigeon-hole people that way.

Involuntary euthanasia (where there is no expressed wish or prior expressed wish to die, and where someone is actively causing death as opposed to merely withholding futile treatment or providing pain relief than may also happen to hasten death) is generally illegal in the Western world, so it's not inaccurate to call it murder.

I don't know anyone who considers themselves pro-life who would also agree with involuntary euthanasia (as opposed to refusing futile treatment), so I doubt the accuracy of the original story.

What bait? I'm trying to understand the logic between why a prolife person would say one is okay to do but not the other especially since they flat out said "life is sacred"

And I don't buy the first story either and the poster got mad when I told her so.

I'm pro-life and no, I don't get her logic.

As for the story, I do know of two women who miscarried only one of a set of twins (both of them later lost the second twin several weeks later) and we know that there is selective reduction for pregnancies of multiples. Not sure I believe that a doctor who performs abortions would a) be so gentle that a second pregnancy would go undisturbed as a doctor performing a selective redcution would attempt to be, or b) not check by ultrasound to make sure that he/she got everything.

I think you're way over-reacting. Some of us here don't think euthanasia is murder. We also don't think abortion is murder. I don't think it's fair to pigeon-hole people that way.

QFT.

I have learnt to back away slowly from these threads. But yeah, the hive vagina is not as one on this issue... think of us as multiple vaginas flying in space when it comes to this question ;)

Archived