IGNORED

Dirty Thirty the GOP's Rights Killing Agenda for America

muffynbear

http://www.politicususa.com/dirty-thirt ... ng-agenda/

This is a comprehensive list that outlines all of the "wars" the Republicans are waging in numerous states. The War on women, War on marriage equality, War on Science, War on the right to vote etc. This is an excellent reference that I recommend to read. It outlines all of the political fuckery that is going on in this country right now.

What began in March 2011 has become a monster. We had barely entered the new year when we had to publish an update of this list. We’ve come to the end of January and the Dirty Thirty has become a 24-page word document of about 12,000 words – with no signs of abating. Republican legislatures are if anything more eager than ever to press their rights-killing agenda for America and Americans, attacking with fresh zeal Women’s Reproductive Rights, collective bargaining, science – even going so far as to, in one place at least, endorse a return to public hangings, beginning with “abortionists.†And that doesn’t even include banning fetuses in food. Read on for an eyeful of what the GOP and Tea Party have in store for America in its Election Year.

State Sen. Vaneta Becker ® has proposed legislation that would not improve math or science skills, or indeed, anything having to do with education, but which would introduce, reports the Indianapolis Star, “’performance standards’for singing and playing ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ at any event sponsored by public schools and state universities.†Also affected would be private schools receiving state or local scholarship funds, including vouchers. The GOP and it’s Tea Party allies claim to be all for small and unintrusive government, but the new law would require performers “to sign a contract agreeing to follow the guidelines. Musicians — whether amateur or professional — would be fined $25 if it were deemed they failed to meet the appropriate standards.†Additionally, “schools to maintain audio recordings of all performances for two years and develop a procedure for dealing with complaints if a musician is alleged to have strayed from the approved lyrical or melodic guidelines.â€

Thanks for sharing this. It is a long article, but well worth the time it took to read it. Some of those things I had heard of, but others were a real eye opener.

This is a great article, but I had to stop reading it when I started grinding my teeth and my blood pressure started to rise. This can only be taken in small doses.

:angry-screaming:

Small government? Small-minded is more like it. And what's painfully obvious is that the right is avoiding the real issues because they've run out of ideas, but this is just batshit.

I feel like Chicken Little saying this, but that future dystopia may not be so far off.

The majority of the Republican party does not stand for the ideals that it claims to hold. It amazes me that moderate Republicans don't scream louder about the hijacking of their party by extremists.Sometimes it seems like they are trying to loose the election

The majority of the Republican party does not stand for the ideals that it claims to hold. It amazes me that moderate Republicans don't scream louder about the hijacking of their party by extremists.Sometimes it seems like they are trying to loose the election

I've suspected that for some time. If a group or party remains in the underdog, their members are more galvanized to action than if they perceive themselves as the victor ... especially in times like this, when the population continues its polarization.

OTOH it makes some sense that moderates are quiet because as a minority within the underdog [sic] group, they risk losing however much influence they have.

It's not a pleasant prospect by any stretch of the imagination.

I've only read through a little of the document ( like ZTwist I need to take it in small doses) , but it seems like a good way to ensure that bands don't play the National Anthem. Bands have to keep audio recordings at their performance for two year?! Fines of $25 will apply to musicians that don't perform well enough? How good is good enough? It's been about 40 years since I was in the band but my kids were. We played The Star-Spangled Banner all the damn time!

http://www.politicususa.com/dirty-thirty-gop-rights-killing-agenda/

This is a comprehensive list that outlines all of the "wars" the Republicans are waging in numerous states. The War on women, War on marriage equality, War on Science, War on the right to vote etc. This is an excellent reference that I recommend to read. It outlines all of the political fuckery that is going on in this country right now.

Here is a pic of Vaneta Becker. With her sour expression and badly styled, pee'd on snow blonde hair she kind of resembles Dr. Laura.

vaneta-becker-3.jpg

Thanks for the article. I'm definitely going to share it.

Archived