IGNORED

Guess what? God gave Kelly a new house!

Burris

Guess what, y'all? Kelly Crawford has a shiny new home, a mere year after a heart-shaped tornado took her last one.

I'm glad they recovered, of course; though, mind you, that was an easy task for them.

Kelly's fundie celebrity allowed her to pull in tens of thousands of dollars in donations, uncounted man-hours of free labor, and a hundred pairs of willing hands to help her - which, I assume, is why her vanity forced her, just after the disaster, to smile at the FEMA guy and tell him, "No thank you," when he offered government aid.

She is so much more industrious and deserving than those of her neighbors who did take FEMA aid and are still recovering a year later.

She can prove it: Kelly is celebrating her pride and excess with a grand pictorial tour of her new digs -- you know, for all those area readers whose homes have yet to be rebuilt.

The message: "Ha ha! God loves us more."

generationcedar.com - top post. Look and drool, plebes.

Hallefreakinlujah. :roll:

I have been pissed about all of this since Kelly started the "store" so she could sell her kids the items that were donated to their family. :evil:

Ps. Has Kelly ever gotten around to requesting thoughts and prayers for the families effected by the more recent tornadoes that have come through our area?

so kelly gets a house and ms raquel gets a horse. do i get ten million dollars? (if i do i will seriously laugh lol. and its already been determined theres not much of anything i would do for myself. id give most of it away)

Oh my goodness. Pallet countertops and what appears to be a random shack rebuilt as a "bathroom". Aluminum tub surround. That house is exactly why people should not do every single country-looking project on Pinterest, none of it matches and it is going to look dated as hell in about two years.

I'm glad they've managed to put their lives back together, but I'm scratching my head a little at the priorities. Her kids don't have bedrooms to sleep in yet, but her room is finished, painted and decorated. They even have a random alcove built into the living room wall (with bell jar light!!!) because the bathroom is "uncomfortably close", but the basement bedrooms will have to be finished over time?

And she still doesn't thank anyone else. The closest she comes is mentioning "the love, sweat, sacrifice and devotion of hundreds of people." It's The Lord that has magically provided them with new appliances right before they moved in, and her husband is the one who has worked tirelessly to get them to that point. It's even an affirmation of her submission to him!

I hope she's working up a whole blog post to offer some specific thank-yous to the people who have helped them the most. Even the Bateses managed that when they got so many donations to complete their new house.

For the sake of Kelly's kids, I'm glad they got a new house and were able to move forward after the tornado. Kelly's attitude during that time disgusted me. She said that she didn't smell like a homeless person.

Oh my goodness. Pallet countertops and what appears to be a random shack rebuilt as a "bathroom". Aluminum tub surround. That house is exactly why people should not do every single country-looking project on Pinterest, none of it matches and it is going to look dated as hell in about two years.

I've actually liked the corrugated aluminum-as-wainscoting ever since Christopher Lowell (Christian, gay, fabulous interior designer and all-around great man) showed it several years ago on his then-TV show.

Kelly's just a junior version of Jan Crouch, Tammy Faye Bakker (RIP) and other "evangelists" who are able to dazzle followers with their lives. Here's a photo of Jan, from whom Kelly should take eyebrow advice.

search?q=paul+crouch+wife&id=34C427D64CBB88FB888A9D91814B2CC9F8DCC8EA&FORM=IQFRBA

Would somebody write Kelly and ask where she keeps her tweezers or waxing equipment?

I have to say, I love that bathroom. I also have to say that I would have slept on the floor until all of my children had a room. There is no way I would have finished AND decorated mine first. So much for JOY.

I have to say, I love that bathroom. I also have to say that I would have slept on the floor until all of my children had a room. There is no way I would have finished AND decorated mine first. So much for JOY.

JOY only applies to the children.

(begin sarcasm) Don'tcha know that it's her CHILDREN who are expressing JOY by letting their mommy have everything of the finest before they even have a room to sleep in? That teaches them JOY... (/end sarcasm)

That said, Kelly is one I cannot read without my head wanting to explode. Selfish. Best word to describe her. Cold hearted, selfish individual.

I've actually liked the corrugated aluminum-as-wainscoting ever since Christopher Lowell (Christian, gay, fabulous interior designer and all-around great man) showed it several years ago on his then-TV show.

Kelly's just a junior version of Jan Crouch, Tammy Faye Bakker (RIP) and other "evangelists" who are able to dazzle followers with their lives. Here's a photo of Jan, from whom Kelly should take eyebrow advice.

search?q=paul+crouch+wife&id=34C427D64CBB88FB888A9D91814B2CC9F8DCC8EA&FORM=IQFRBA

Would somebody write Kelly and ask where she keeps her tweezers or waxing equipment?

I put corrugated wainscoting in a kitchen nook 30 years ago and used it as a back splash in my DDs house 7 years ago. It needs to be coated with an acrylic to keep it from staining and make it easier to clean.

(begin sarcasm) Don'tcha know that it's her CHILDREN who are expressing JOY by letting their mommy have everything of the finest before they even have a room to sleep in? That teaches them JOY... (/end sarcasm)

So true. I was reading Brandy's post the other day explaining why her 3 year old had to go to sleep on the floor so as not to wake her husband. She explained that she and her husband are the King of their home :roll: So THEY get to be kings and queens, the kids (like you said) get to practice JOY :evil:

She can prove it: Kelly is celebrating her pride and excess with a grand pictorial tour of her new digs -- you know, for all those area readers whose homes have yet to be rebuilt.

The message: "Ha ha! God loves us more."

generationcedar.com - top post. Look and drool, plebes.

Tacky, tacky, tacky. :naughty:

Wtf? They stole the wood from someone else's house? "This is a shot of the living room from the back. The salvaged wood on this wall came from a house just up the road."

(with bell jar light!!!)

You mean "ball jar light"... No really, go look. It totally tripped me up.

Wtf? They stole the wood from someone else's house? "This is a shot of the living room from the back. The salvaged wood on this wall came from a house just up the road."

I was wondering about that, too. Did they ask if they could have the wood? Or did they just figure, hey, the house has been destroyed so they're probably not using this mess?

You mean "ball jar light"... No really, go look. It totally tripped me up.

Dude...it is a ball jar :lol: I bet I'm not the only person who misread that one...

I was wondering about that, too. Did they ask if they could have the wood? Or did they just figure, hey, the house has been destroyed so they're probably not using this mess?

I hope they asked first. Maybe the people who lived there might have wanted to use the wood for something.

I also wondered if she just stole the wood. Dammit, she needed that bathroom to be more separate from the living room!

I actually don't mind the aluminum tub surround so much, but it's how the entire house looks, all put together. Something about it just looks like it went way too far with the rustic pinterest projects.

I actually don't mind the aluminum tub surround so much, but it's how the entire house looks, all put together. Something about it just looks like it went way too far with the rustic pinterest projects.

Yeah, it's that the individual components all look good (except for the kitchen island, which is fugly as all get-out, IMO)... but the whole is just overwhelming and so much like Pinterest came over and vomited everywhere it seems almost intentionally wacky.

Like the big open-plan living/kitchen/dining space, though.

I can understand the general aesthetics of the "design". They've got limited resources, limited funds and limited skill in building all the components that go into a house, plus they were trying to get it done as quickly as possible. Under those circumstances, I think the things she picked are fine. It's not a look that I would likely choose, but I'm sure she'll be okay with it for awhile. And while I know they don't give a rat's ass about the environment, it is nice (from that perspective) to repurpose things instead of buying everything new. They may even get better quality products by reusing old things rather than trying to find new ones that actually fit their budget. It does look like Shabby Chic threw up everywhere, but at least they actually used old materials instead of buying brand new stuff that just looks old.

I just hope she doesn't start subtly hinting about a remodel to solicit more donations...

Its like the Kramer ski lodge look but more so. From personal experience its gonna be hell to dust all that wood.

I can understand the general aesthetics of the "design". They've got limited resources, limited funds and limited skill in building all the components that go into a house, plus they were trying to get it done as quickly as possible.

When it's done skillfully, I really like this aesthetic. There's a guy in my hometown who builds for low-income families out of almost entirely recycled/salvaged materials, and I just am obsessed with this one and want to live there... except I want it airlifted out of my hometown :P

http://www.phoenixcommotion.com/index.p ... 20〈=en

I just think maybe they could have like. Toned it down. And certainly they could tone down the cheesy scripture paintings... but um that's probably just Satan talking

Archived