IGNORED

What things do the Duggers use that they deny the science

doggie

what I am after is the duggers are believers of the 6000 year old world no over population no global warming and other things that are proven facts or pretty close to it. So what products could or do they use that the sciences behind the items is something they deny? Like oil it is very old stuff but of course dugger thought is it can't be over 6k old.

Myself If you believe like the duggers and other fundies do you should be living the same life as people in biblical times did.

carbon dating is not accurate according the jimboob the world is fine on population. what things do they use that if you could would prove them wrong?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This unfortunately requires the Duggars to listen to reason or otherwise be logical. Because they are crazysauce, they will rationalize any contradiction you point out. I mean, when they run out of their BS sound bites about the population of the world fitting into Jacksonville, FL, they'll just say God makes it seem that way as a test but true believers have faith and know differently or something.

This unfortunately requires the Duggars to listen to reason or otherwise be logical. Because they are crazysauce, they will rationalize any contradiction you point out. I mean, when they run out of their BS sound bites about the population of the world fitting into Jacksonville, FL, they'll just say God makes it seem that way as a test but true believers have faith and know differently or something.

I know we could never change them. but I want to know what things they use that they don't believe in the science that makes them happen.

I know we could never change them. but I want to know what things they use that they don't believe in the science that makes them happen.

I'd love to see someone tell Josh and Anna that the quarter carat diamond on her engagement ring is like between 1 and 3.3 billion years old...

I think it's OK for them to use petroleum products, because people have been burning oil long before they knew what it was/ how long ago it was formed.

I don't think they should use any medicine, surgical and diagnostic procedures or therapies developed after 1900. Pretty much every significant discovery of the past 100 years is either directly or indirectly associated with the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection. (cue spooky music)

Andrew Schlafly and some other anti-science wackos have developed this whole alternative (read fictional) Newton-based science of physics, because of course the Big Bang, Einstein's theories/ nuclear physics and now quantum physics blow the whole "6,000 YA Earth" out of the water. I don't know how much the Duggers actually know about the Schlafly-physics or any of the other weird creationist incarnations of this, but it seems to me that if you reject radiometric dating you are also rejecting the science behind nuclear power. Does Arkansas use nuclear energy? The Duggers will have to go off-grid if that's the case.

I can't think off the top of my head what other things you give up when you reject nuclear physics. Space Camp is out, of course, but no one thought the Duggers were going to be astronauts anyway, unless they were to be shot up like the dogs and monkeys in early Soviet craft.

Oh, they don't just deny science, they have their own science ala Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis. This science includes how oil formed from the worldwide flood.

Everything really. Computers, cars, the food they eat and how it is packaged and preserved. Unless they are living off the grid in a cave or a mud hut, they are using things developed or invented using the science they don't actually believe in.

Rewatch the Duggars at the creation science museum episode and then have a look at the museums website. You can do a virtual tour of the museum online. They try and explain their "science" although it doesn't make any sense. They also ignore anything that doesn't fit with their ideas.

My favourite is that the grand canyon is proof of Noah's flood? Science says the Grand Canyon was created by a small amount of water over a long period of time. Creation science says it was created by a large amount of water over a short period of time. Layers in rocks are explained as the sediment settling after the flood. Fossils caught in rock layers are supposedly animals caught up during Noah's flood.

They ignore the fact that there are many places where rock layers have formed, tilted and another layer has been laid down over the top. This couldn't happen if all layers resulted from the flood so hey, we just ignore it or say scientists are lying.

The justification for world overpopulation not existing and for global warming not being real is simply that "God would never allow that to happen". Not really sure why they believe this when we live in a world of tsunamis, cyclones, droughts, floods and other natural disasters. After all, the fact that God gave the instruction in Genesis to look after the world implies we are capable of influencing the way the world works.

The justification for world overpopulation not existing and for global warming not being real is simply that "God would never allow that to happen". Not really sure why they believe this when we live in a world of tsunamis, cyclones, droughts, floods and other natural disasters. After all, the fact that God gave the instruction in Genesis to look after the world implies we are capable of influencing the way the world works.

But you see God throws out the cyclones, droughts, floods, natural disasters because he's angry at the world for us accepting the gays!!!!! I was told that and I can see the duggars believing it!

Do the duggars reject all science? So doctors/nurses would be out of the question, do they eat meat? that'd be out of the question too.... Although my friend says that doctors and nurses don't actually have to go to college because God tells them what to do and where to put their hands during surgeries.

But you see God throws out the cyclones, droughts, floods, natural disasters because he's angry at the world for us accepting the gays!!!!! I was told that and I can see the duggars believing it!

Do the duggars reject all science? So doctors/nurses would be out of the question, do they eat meat? that'd be out of the question too.... Although my friend says that doctors and nurses don't actually have to go to college because God tells them what to do and where to put their hands during surgeries.

Global warming is punishing all of us?

Global warming is punishing all of us?

Yes because we love the gays!!!1!! It was a nice lecture to be given and I walked out of it so i wouldn't punch the dumb bitch.

Is there a GPS in any of their vehicles? Satellites follow the rules of gravity in holding their orbit, and the same rules dictate that it's the earth that revolves around the sun.

Any genetically modified foods, or even foods that have been selectively bred?

Is there a GPS in any of their vehicles? Satellites follow the rules of gravity in holding their orbit, and the same rules dictate that it's the earth that revolves around the sun.

Any genetically modified foods, or even foods that have been selectively bred?

I think they probably use a GPS in their bus. They probably do eat GM foods.

I'm pretty sure they've used beta-lactams and other antibiotics developed for resistant bacteria. Although they would just say that the bacteria had the the capacity to adapt on a micro level, within God-given parameters or something.

Mobile phones and the interwebz have some pretty speccy science behind them as well.

Guest Anonymous

With all the computers they use, they probably don't know that the 19th century theoreticians that made them possible were Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron. Babbage and Lovelace actually constructed a working model of a machine that could calculate like a modern computer. If they ever DID hear of this work, they would proably attribute it to Babbage alone, and ignore Mrs. Lovelace.

Ada got a programming language named after her, and is considered to be the first computer programmer.

Don't forget Alan Turing - persecuted homosexual who is pretty much responsible for computers as we know them today. Without him Josh would have no fancy iphone to upload pictures of fast food!

Ada got a programming language named after her, and is considered to be the first computer programmer.

Don't forget Alan Turing - persecuted homosexual who is pretty much responsible for computers as we know them today. Without him Josh would have no fancy iphone to upload pictures of fast food!

Isnt apple also very pro gay rights?

Isnt apple also very pro gay rights?

Yes, I've heard they are.

Also, don't forget Lynn Conway - Trans computer Pioneer

http://www.bnl.gov/bera/activities/glob ... conway.htm

After her work at Xerox, Conway went on to generate advances in artificial intelligence and overseeing plans for high-performance computing at the US Department of Defense. She later served as an associate dean at the University of Michigan, where she is now professor emerita of electrical engineering and computer science. She excelled in her later work as an important female scientist in this country. Her early work at IBM, however, was conducted as a man – and long kept secret because of her changed gender identity.

Born male, Conway lived her early life as a man. She married and fathered two children. After surgery to become a woman, IBM fired her and child welfare authorities prevented her from having contact with her family. When contacted by Scientific American about an article about Conway, IBM’s board of directors declined to comment. She had to rebuild her career without reference to work at IBM and job offers evaporated every time she told prospective employers about her medical history. She finally got a job as a contract programmer and entered what she calls "deep stealth mode" about her gender transformation in order to remain employed.

So Duggars, women, homosexuals, and trans people are responsible for the technology you take for granted. You better hope the hive vagina gets to work on de-stinkifiying tour buses.

Rewatch the Duggars at the creation science museum episode and then have a look at the museums website. You can do a virtual tour of the museum online. They try and explain their "science" although it doesn't make any sense. They also ignore anything that doesn't fit with their ideas.

My favourite is that the grand canyon is proof of Noah's flood? Science says the Grand Canyon was created by a small amount of water over a long period of time. Creation science says it was created by a large amount of water over a short period of time. Layers in rocks are explained as the sediment settling after the flood. Fossils caught in rock layers are supposedly animals caught up during Noah's flood.

This is so obnoxious. It is so easy to demonstrate the process of erosion:

LOXWqBoxPZM

:angry-banghead:

When it comes to the topic of science and scientists, the Duggars are assholes about things. Without advances in science, Josie wouldn't be alive. If one of the Duggar kids got cancer, Michelle and Boob really wouldn't give a shit about the doctors, nurses, or research scientists that strive every day to help people who are suffering.

Michelle once said something on the show having to take calcium supplements. She using something created by scientists to help her possibly prevent or deal with osteoporsis.

I also always laugh at the Duggars and other fundies' usage of Apple products. Some of them might not know about the company's stance on gay marriage or that they treat gay employees very good. Microsoft and Bill Gates also support gay rights. Steve Maxwell probably at least knows about Apple, but he probably ignores that and probably likes Apple products for what they are.

Archived