IGNORED

Santorum winning.

Witsec7

Race to the Bottom is right. Those of you who watched Mystery Science Theater 3000 will remember TV's Frank. About tonight's primaries he tweeted

Tonight Mississippi and Alabama will decide which GOP candidate is most qualified to lead us into the 18th century.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boyfriend and I were having this conversation last week and he made a valid point with Frothy's "wins"; Both of us had friends who purposely voted for Santorum to win the Republican vote so Obama has a bigger chance in winning the second term. Honestly, that makes more sense. I don't care what people say, this country is not ready for someone like Ye Frothy One to win the presidency. If it's Obama vs. Frothy, chances are is that Obama will have the upper hand.

However, if for some unknown reason, Ye Frothy One wins the presidency, Canada sounds like the perfect place to settle.

Oregon never comes into play our primary is May. Since this is going to be a long road I took the time to register republican so I could vote for Buddy Roemer. I'll switch back after the primary.

This can get only really bad if Gingrich get out of the way and all his votes will go to Frothy. Until then, I think it still will be Romney. OTOH, I've said this before, the debates will become must watch television if Frothy gets the nomination. I'll watch Obama sweep the floor with him all day, every day and twice on Sundays.

This can get only really bad if Gingrich get out of the way and all his votes will go to Frothy. Until then, I think it still will be Romney. OTOH, I've said this before, the debates will become must watch television if Frothy gets the nomination. I'll watch Obama sweep the floor with him all day, every day and twice on Sundays.

Everyone at my local bar is pretty liberal and the manager is planning presidential debate nights. They promised drinking games if Frothy goes up against Obama. :D

Here's the late, great Nina Simone on Mississippi...goddam

hBiAtwQZnHs

Some things don't change much, do they?

I think Gingrich is staying in because he knows that even if Santorum can win the nomination, he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Obama in November. Nevermind the fact that he's not likely to win in NY or CA either.

I'm not happy with Obama and I'm a registered Democrat, but there's no way in hell I'd vote for Santorum.

Actually this is good news. If Frothy wins the nomination, he has to stand against Obama and THAT is something I can't wait to see :lol:

Realistically, what is Santorum's chance of winning a) the Republican nomination b) the Presidency?

Because if he ends up POTUS I don't think the world will be worth living in for women any more.

If Santorum wins the republican nomination, Obama wns.... so all in all not too bad...

I wouldn't count on that. There are a lot of easily-misled people out there. The scary part about Santorum is...he has three university degrees (BA, JD, MBA) and he seems to have no critical thinking skills whatsoever (or, worse yet, he knows exactly what he's doing). I never thought I'd say this, but I think he's dumber than George W. Bush. And Bush was president for eight years!

I wouldn't count on that. There are a lot of easily-misled people out there. The scary part about Santorum is...he has three university degrees (BA, JD, MBA) and he seems to have no critical thinking skills whatsoever (or, worse yet, he knows exactly what he's doing). I never thought I'd say this, but I think he's dumber than George W. Bush. And Bush was president for eight years!

No one should count on this. Santorum could very easily win the presidency if he wins the nomination. He is running against a black man for whom millions of people have very deep resentments, and who ignorantly believe he is capable of controlling gas prices.

For those who are "unhappy" with Obama, I would suggest you put aside your pique and vote for him or you will probably be saying "President Romney" or "President Santorum" next January. If that sounds like a good thing to you, then you can afford to nurse your unhappiness.

This. That's why I'm not celebrating a Santorum nomination. I thought it would be impossible for GW to win. And look what happened? Whether or not you believe he was appointed by some hanging-chad conspiracy, he still became president. I dont want Rick Santorum any closer to the office.

OMG. I've seen Santorum signs around town (in Ohio) and I lose respect for the people whose yards I see the sign in.

I can't believe Bush got elected and I thought I had to be dreaming when he got reelected. I thought people had noticed how much he had stuffed the world up so far but sadly not.

Saw today on the news that advisors are liking the idea of Rick Santorum and Gingrich running on the same ticket for the presidency and vice presidency.

Newts people are pushing for it to go that way to.... I'm getting a bit scared I didn't think Santorum would make it this far.

I disagree that Santorum could win the nomination. He won AL and MS. Romney took HI. I have a hard time believing Santorum could take the big states like NY and CA and UT. Romney is more than couple Santorum in delegate votes. Despite the complaints that he's not conservative enough, Santorum could not win many moderate voters over an I think Romney can because he's not um, dare I say, crazy in his beliefs. Romney sees no issue with state-run health care. Despite what Santorum says, he can't overturn a court case like Roe v. Wade. Santorum talks up his social issues and plans, but lacks talk on the economy. Romney does talk about what he would try to do for the economy. Based on the polls off CNN, Santorum can only seem to gain the conservation and evangelical vote. He lacks the polls in other voting blocks. Women side far more with Romney and Obama because Santorum is against many women's health issues and openly so. Moderate and non-evangelical and even among the Catholics, Romney seems to beat out Santorum quite often.

I personally think Obama is a horrible, horrible President. So if Santorum gets the vote, we are fuckin screwed either way and I'll be asking if I can have a third option.

Oregon never comes into play our primary is May. Since this is going to be a long road I took the time to register republican so I could vote for Buddy Roemer. I'll switch back after the primary.

We're in the same boat in NC. I registered as an independent so that I could vote in the primaries, since you're allowed to do that here. Of course, we also have the gay marriage ban coming up for a vote too. I'll certainly want to go vote against that, even though I'm pretty sure it will pass :(

I disagree that Santorum could win the nomination. He won AL and MS. Romney took HI. I have a hard time believing Santorum could take the big states like NY and CA and UT. Romney is more than couple Santorum in delegate votes. Despite the complaints that he's not conservative enough, Santorum could not win many moderate voters over an I think Romney can because he's not um, dare I say, crazy in his beliefs. Romney sees no issue with state-run health care. Despite what Santorum says, he can't overturn a court case like Roe v. Wade. Santorum talks up his social issues and plans, but lacks talk on the economy. Romney does talk about what he would try to do for the economy. Based on the polls off CNN, Santorum can only seem to gain the conservation and evangelical vote. He lacks the polls in other voting blocks. Women side far more with Romney and Obama because Santorum is against many women's health issues and openly so. Moderate and non-evangelical and even among the Catholics, Romney seems to beat out Santorum quite often.

I personally think Obama is a horrible, horrible President. So if Santorum gets the vote, we are fuckin screwed either way and I'll be asking if I can have a third option.

I'm wondering how old you are, and if you recall conventions in the past where the nomination was not sewn up by delegate count. Anything can happen in those situations. Anything. It is not far-fetched at all that Santorum could get the nod.

Archived