IGNORED

Real or not?

AnnieC 305

Has anyone ever seen this?

warriorbrideinternational.org/

WTF?

This is where I show my shallowness- women holding swords while in wedding gowns and combat boots are fucking hot.

I don't see any obvious indications that it's fake so I'm inclined to vote "real". While the wording and imagery are unconventional, the message doesn't seem to be (pray, raise Godly kids, and give us money to attend our events- pretty par for the course) I think they're a good example of how churches adjust the packaging of their message for a new generation (in this case, a generation of women who probably grew up watching She-Ra and Xena)

This is where I show my shallowness- women holding swords while in wedding gowns and combat boots are fucking hot.)

I agree.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of content yet, so I'm thinking maybe startup?

They already supposedly have a book out (Break Open Your Alabastor Box) but I can't see a place to order it on the site and can't find it anywhere else.

Although I tried searching for "Warrior Bride" on Yahoo and got several similar sites. No as many hot sword-wielding brides but it looks like it could be interesting to play around on some of them.

OK, so a link on the first page connects to here:

http://www.iccmtv.com/

Which doesn't go anywhere, but thanks this guy.

http://drchitwood.com/

Who looks to exist to fleece the masses.

It also looks like the Well Armed Brides are his wife's idea. And she is endorsed by this guy

http://tllowery.org/

Who looks to have been a pastor here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_ ... _Tennessee)

Which is Pentecostal. Got it.

According to that Wikipedia article:

The Church of God offers its members guidelines for Christian living called Practical Commitments.[18] A summary is given below.

Spiritual Example: Demonstrate commitment to Christ through the practice of the spiritual disciplines (prayer, praise, worship, confession, fasting, meditation and study); demonstrate commitment to the body of Christ through loyalty to God and commitment to his church; and demonstrate commitment to the work of Christ through being good stewards.

Moral Purity: Engage in activities which glorify God in the body and which avoid the fulfillment of the lust of the flesh. Sinful practices condemned included: "homosexuality, adultery, worldly attitudes (such as hatred, envy, jealousy), corrupt communication (such as gossip, angry outbursts, filthy words), stealing, murder, drunkenness and witchcraft". Christians are to read, watch and listen to those things which are of positive benefit to spiritual well-being and not to attend or watch performances of a demoralizing nature.

Personal Integrity: Live in a manner that inspires trust and confidence, bearing the fruit of the Spirit and seeking to manifest the character of Christ in all behavior.

Family Responsibility: The family is foundational to society and the church; Christian worship and discipleship should begin in the home. Marriage is a lifelong commitment between a man and a woman; the only biblical allowance for divorce is fornication. Remarriage after divorce should only occur after a thorough understanding of and submission to scriptural instructions. God created men and women with different characteristics and different responsibilities. Divine harmony is maintained when the husband is head of the home, parents nurture and admonish their children, and children obey and honor their parents.

Behavioral Temperance: Practice temperance in behavior (self-control and moderation) and abstain from activities and attitudes which are offensive to others or which lead to addiction or enslavement, such as "abstain from all alcoholic beverages and other habit-forming and mood-altering chemical substances and refrain from the use of tobacco in any form, marijuana and all other addictive substances, and further, must refrain from any activity (such as gambling or gluttony) which defiles the body as the temple of God or which dominates and enslaves the spirit that has been made free in Christ".

Modest Appearance: Demonstrate the scriptural principle of modesty (chaste in thought and conduct) by appearing and dressing in a manner that will enhance Christian testimony and will avoid pride, elaborateness or sensuality.

Social Obligation: Fulfill obligations to society by being good citizens, by correcting social injustices, and by protecting the sanctity of life (abortion and euthanasia of aged, mentally incompetent, terminally ill and otherwise handicapped, for reasons of personal convenience, social adjustment or economic advantage, are morally wrong).

To quote one of my new favorite people on TV, same crap, different pile.

The wedding dress/sword combo is still hot though.

I wonder if they are associated with His Warrior Bride (hiswarriorbride.org) As far as I can tell, they're both located in Chattanooga, TN.

Damn, that bridal gown and combat boots thing is hot ! If the honey and I ever get around to having a wedding, I think I may wear Doc Martens !

This is where I show my shallowness- women holding swords while in wedding gowns and combat boots are fucking hot.

If I swang that way I'd definitely find the photos defrauding-it's not like it's the most modest wedding dress either, it's backless and fairly low-necked.

Well thats certainly a first for me, to be defrauded by a young xtian babe with a sword, wearing docs and a wedding gown. :D

Methinks they did not expect to get this reaction to their site... :lol:

looks like Deborah the warrior bride is with jesus now, so maybe we don't get to read her book. :(

deborahchitwood.eventbrite.com/

I say real.

I'm going for not hot though. The 80s era dress doesn't fit the chic too well.

Whatever it is they don't have much of a budget, I bet that the dress was some old moldy thing from an attic.

I don't think her dress would pass the four finger rule. And she's exposing her knee in some of the pics. Oh, the defrauding!

Archived