IGNORED

Stupid me saying it can't get worse then it does.

doggie

we thought the birth control issue was bad but this is past that by a long shot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/0 ... 16834.html

A controversial bill targeting single parents came to the table at the Senate Committee on Public Health, Human Services and Revenue public hearing in Wisconsin this week.

State senator Glenn Grothman, an admitted opponent of the social welfare establishment that he believes encourages women to have children out of wedlock, introduced Senate Bill 507, which would formally consider single parenthood a contributing factor to child abuse, if passed into law.

SB507 would require the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize that non-marital parenthood is a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

According to the bill:

Section 1. 48.982 (2) (g) 2. of the statutes is amended to read: 48.982 (2) (g) 2. Promote statewide educational and public awareness campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the problems of child abuse and neglect. In promoting those campaigns and materials, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:

48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Single parents make up a third of Wisconsin parents, The Annie E. Casey Foundation reports. And according to a 2009 report from the US Census Bureau, there are approximately 13.7 million single parents across the U.S., with single mothers outpacing single fathers five to one.

Grothman's previous attack on the left wing contended that because social programs are available to the poor, liberals want people to be poor and use them, financial benefits he says are driving the rise in single motherhood among low-income moms.

This is ridiculous! There have been single moms since the beginning of time! Heck if the angel hadnt appeared to joseph MARY would have been a single mom. What happens if parents divorce? Or if one becomes a widow? Dumb fucks.

Fuck this guy. Single parents are not abusing their children merely by being single parents.

I get so fucking frustrated at all the blame that's put on single mothers (specifically mothers, because a lot of the time with single fathers we act like the guy should be a damn saint for doing a parent's job) for EVERYTHING.

Of course, I always get the "oh, we didn't mean you" treatment because I am a white woman who works and was married to the father when I had the kid. Which pisses me off more.

How about instead of criticizing and burdening single parents, we help them out and not cut government funding to programs they need?

Trying to regulate a persons choice to be a parent by choice or not is a huge no no. This going to cost big time. I am starting to wonder if rebublicans will last much longer

How about a word or two in that proposal about deadbeat parents that provide no support to those struggling single parent families?

This is just silly. Both me and the baby would be dead if I had stayed with his father.

I dunno doggie, my faith in the American people has been severely tested lately.

So how would it have been child abuse for my bio dad abandoning my mom and I?

Why doesn't the GOP just propose to make sexual relations illegal, except for married, Christians, and then only for the purpose of procreation? That would save Republicans a whole lot of time instead of just pecking away with their fuckstick ideas. What a crew, and people actually vote for these pecker heads. Why?

Why doesn't the GOP just propose to make sexual relations illegal, except for married, Christians, and then only for the purpose of procreation? That would save Republicans a whole lot of time instead of just pecking away with their fuckstick ideas. What a crew, and people actually vote for these pecker heads. Why?

Because then people would realize how batshit insane they were...

When I was volunteering for a reproductive rights organization in Madison, we regularly butted heads with Grothman (AKA Gross Man). Among other things, he sends lengthy e-mails explaining why he works on MLK Jr. Day. A commenter on Jezebel said that she confronted him during the Wisconsin Uprising and he said that there is a "black man problem" in the state that no one wants to talk about. He writes or backs up every stupid piece of anti-choice legislation in the state. Lest anybody think that he is taking up this bill because he cares about children, he also wrote legislation to eliminate funding for kindergarten and to retroactively deny compensation to 173 children who were victims of lead poisoning. The man is vile, and I am still in disbelief that the recall effort against him failed. He has never been married or had children, and it's easy to see why.

Needless to say, I'm glad he is getting national attention for being the asshole that he is. One of the proudest moments of my life was when I was counter-protesting an anti-choice rally where he was speaking. I looked up at him holding my "I'm Jewish and I'm pro-choice" sign and saw fear in his eyes.

I dunno doggie, my faith in the American people has been severely tested lately.

So how would it have been child abuse for my bio dad abandoning my mom and I?

not sure if these idiots are Americans or even human for that matter.

This law scares me because as a single foster parent I'm fairly certain that the state could make a case to refuse to license single adults as foster parents. I think the statistic is single adults make up almost 50% of foster parents. Who is going to take care of these abused kids?

This law scares me because as a single foster parent I'm fairly certain that the state could make a case to refuse to license single adults as foster parents. I think the statistic is single adults make up almost 50% of foster parents. Who is going to take care of these abused kids?

The church, of course. :roll:

The church, of course. :roll:

Oh that's right...that group of hypocritical people that "train up" their children into submission?

I forgot....Silly me! :?

Sometimes mom's are SAVING their children by going from married to single. It takes a lot of courage to stand on two feet and leave an abusive situation and then stand up to this ridiculous criticism. I admire the single mom's I work with who give it their all.

Sometimes mom's are SAVING their children by going from married to single. It takes a lot of courage to stand on two feet and leave an abusive situation and then stand up to this ridiculous criticism. I admire the single mom's I work with who give it their all.

This times 1000. Or what about the single parents who didn't mean to be single parents (meaning when the dad leaves or something)? I'm not sure I want to live on this planet anymore if people are going to keep being such dickheads.

What about widows? My dad died and my mom was a single mother in Wisconsin. We didn't get any state aid. We managed to grow up to be productive adults.

He's an asshat. Someone needs to drop him in the middle of Green Bay with overshoes and a cement vest.

Because then people would realize how batshit insane they were...

My faith in my fellow Americans is at an all time low. Let's hope at least 51% of the voters in November realize just how batshit crazy this particular group of Republicans are.

Now is this just applying to single moms or will dads be caught im the crossfire too? I mean either way its bad but i wonder if dads are going to be some line of heroes if this thing does pass while moms get their kids snatched away and what not?

Ugh. The Republican party has become a joke. When are sane Republicans going to stand up and reclaim their party?

My faith in my fellow Americans is at an all time low. Let's hope at least 51% of the voters in November realize just how batshit crazy this particular group of Republicans are.

That's no guarantee. 51% of the population in enough states to win the electoral college is what it takes to win. Or, hell, even just a plurality in enough states to win the electoral college is enough.

Now is this just applying to single moms or will dads be caught im the crossfire too? I mean either way its bad but i wonder if dads are going to be some line of heroes if this thing does pass while moms get their kids snatched away and what not?

It could go either way. I know plenty of people who have the attitude if a man wants custody, he must be an abuser

Archived