IGNORED

Maxwell's have a cooking messagebrd.

Justme

Doesn't seem to "current". I opened the "don't have money for food" thread and found it was started in 2008.

/openforums.titus2.com/forums/Recipes

What a fucking depressing forum to read, especially that thread about the woman who's pregnant and can't afford food.

I don't believe that board is active anymore. And I don't think there was ever an announcement about it, but the archives are still there. I'm actually surprised they don't blog more about food since some of their schedules and menus would probably be helpful for people with large families. But I guess that was something they did more a few years ago and now they are moving on with OneTonRamp and whatever else they can do to make money instead of blogging.

From the poor pregnant woman needs recipes thread:

Potato soup is good . . . cut potatoes in chunks, boil in chicken broth just till soft, add a little butter, some milk, salt and pepper (if your dh likes onions, cook them with the potatoes). If you have some ham, you can put some in. Make a pan of cornbread or biscuits to go with, and have some fruit for dessert.

I love how it's if her dh likes onions. In the first post her husband isn't even mentioned. I know only the husband matters since they're fundies but still it bugs me.

I am so impressed that the beautiful Duggar family spends $3,000/month for 20 family members. I have a $1000K/mth for food/paper products/toiletries for a family of mostly 3 (one child away at college) and I struggle. I don't know "how" to shop at Aldi's...what's good, etc. I cut coupons and watch the ads, but just can't get it together. I think I need specifics on what to buy. Is there anyone who can help me? Thank you and God Bless

Perhaps if you ate out for most meals on TLC's bill you could be as sucessful as the Duggars. I also don't think they get away with $3,000 a month especially with all the paper plates they use.

I would ask the woman if she qualifies for WIC since eating healthy (and enough) while pregnant is important.

I have to admit, the few times I've seen the Duggars (via clips on YouTube!) I've wondered at the paper plates thing. How can that POSSIBLY be economical for them? Even figuring in the power and water bills it seems real dishes would be cheaper, they've got enough kids to share the chore certainly, or even if they didn't like handwashing it seems it might be an investment for them to buy a good efficient restaurant washer even. Some advance payment from TLC and you'd think they could handle it.

If they think the kids wil break the dishes, well, they make plastic dishes!!

Back to the Maxwells. It is interesting how they just have to put in the mention of the husband, even if he's not brought up until then. IF he likes onions. Well, maybe he's happy enough to eat what is presented to him, if someone else is going to the trouble of cooking it! :)

That said though yeah I'd want onions in potato soup. Heck, I put tons of onions in just about any soup I make. Love me some onions, minced fine and simmered in the broth forever.

I think the hot rod kitchen has a couple of dishwashers.

The only time the kids eat on real plates is when they are on tour for TLC and some one else is covering the tab.

The Duggars are almost single-handedly ruining our planet with all their selfish use of resources and dumping their plastic cups and paper plates into landfills. I'd LOVE for someone to challenge them on being green. Maybe that's what they need to keep TLC interested in them.

Perhaps if you ate out for most meals on TLC's bill you could be as sucessful as the Duggars. I also don't think they get away with $3,000 a month especially with all the paper plates they use.

But for the woman quoted, it sounds like she just has no idea how to shop and cook. I buy food, paper products and toiletries on about $300 a month for one person, and I could go a lot cheaper. (I occasionally splurge on stuff- today I got clams for dinner, and some goat cheese to snack on later this month) Each additional person can bring the overall cost per person down because you can buy in bigger packages and not worry about waste. (not an issue for paper products and most toiletries, but it sounds like she doesn't save up money and buy extras on sale, and ends up buying stuff at full price.)

The Duggars are almost single-handedly ruining our planet with all their selfish use of resources and dumping their plastic cups and paper plates into landfills. I'd LOVE for someone to challenge them on being green. Maybe that's what they need to keep TLC interested in them.

You know that all this overpopulation, global warming and destroying the earth stuff is just made up by the left right? :roll:

You know that all this overpopulation, global warming and destroying the earth stuff is just made up by the left right? :roll:

DAMMIT.

My own local newsrag just this morning ran a bunch of letters from people all upset that after the newspaper had run a puff piece on why global warming is fake, endorsed by a bunch of scientists in various fields conveniently not involving meteorology or physics, the same paper had allowed a rebuttal to happen last week, by scientists who ARE involved in meteorology and physics.

Not just any scientists either, but local ones from our hometown Major! Land Grant! Big Ten! University!.

Oh, the letter writer was UPSET at the idea that the rebutting scientists had dared (DARED!!!) to call into question the background or credentials of the seemingly chosen-at-random non-local corporate funded scientists. Because that is ELITIST!!! And anyway, no one needs any background to have a valid opinion!!!

What can I say, my headship pays for the subscription (though to be quite honest, mainly in order to (1) snark it, HARD and (2) to keep tabs on what's going on because it's best to "know what you're dealing with").

Me, I must admit the letters to the editor is the best part of the paper. A few years ago the editor had to call a moratorium on creationist/evolutionist letters because it was being fought over too hard and repetitively.

Also I have to laugh at the fact that the paper calls itself by the abbreviation "NG" as that is slang for "no good" in my other language...

I think it's so sad that so many of these people can barely afford FOOD, yet the Maxwell's kept expecting them to buy their "products", come to their horse & pony shows and leave "love offering". :snooty:

A number of the recipes concern me. There seems to be a lack of food for a lot of the "meals".

This has always been true of Maxwell cooking,maybe that is why they haven't posted any recipes for a while.

The last one I remember was a calzone or something similar. They made only 1calzone for all of them.It was something like 2 oz.cheese and 2 oz.toppings baked in the dough. I remember thinking my 3 kids would eat that whole thing themselves and couldn't see how all those big Maxwell boys,(plus the girls and T&S )were going to walk away full after that dinner.

But then, the Maxwell's have Jesus for dessert. I guess the holy spirit fills up the empty. :think:

This has always been true of Maxwell cooking,maybe that is why they haven't posted any recipes for a while.

The last one I remember was a calzone or something similar. They made only 1calzone for all of them.It was something like 2 oz.cheese and 2 oz.toppings baked in the dough. I remember thinking my 3 kids would eat that whole thing themselves and couldn't see how all those big Maxwell boys,(plus the girls and T&S )were going to walk away full after that dinner.

But then, the Maxwell's have Jesus for dessert. I guess the holy spirit fills up the empty. :think:

they had iceberg lettuce to fill themselves if I recall correctly... lol!

they had iceberg lettuce to fill themselves if I recall correctly... lol!

Yes, I remember those. I can't comprehend what's "godly" about malnutrition...

Yes, I remember those. I can't comprehend what's "godly" about malnutrition...

it's their catholic in the closet side - like those flageling monks. Suffer or you're not godly enough!

Archived