IGNORED

Anna Marie sighting!

IReallyAmHopewell

Fun keeps you from focusing on death. And Steve REALLY likes to think, and talk, and talk, and talk about death. To the point that he fantasized in one of his posts about what it would be like if everyone wore a sign that told you the date they would die

Hmm...sounds like a Nickelback video...

Chris grip's Anna like that in nearly every photo they are in. It's as if he's saying, mine, mine, mine........ :mrgreen:

Sarah does need a guy of her own.... A womans fertility starts heading south once she turns 30.

Sarah does need a guy of her own.... A womans fertility starts heading south once she turns 30.

Although maybe that's not so bad. Maybe she won't be saddled with a thousand kids.

What I don't understand is why G&G are way over on the corner, clearly out of view. The "real" family is in direct view, but poor grandparents are left clinging to the edges of the chair. They couldn't have posed behind the chair to make the grandparents part of the picture? I thought they valued the elderly....this picture makes it look like they are just casting them out

This may seem odd but although Anna is smiling and all, she seems almost...fuzzy compared to everyone else in the picture. Like she's fading into the background. This may be merely her inexperience in front of a camera (a skill which the Maxwells have mastered with their constant blogging), but it just seems strange that to me she seems so non-descript.

What I don't understand is why G&G are way over on the corner, clearly out of view. The "real" family is in direct view, but poor grandparents are left clinging to the edges of the chair. They couldn't have posed behind the chair to make the grandparents part of the picture? I thought they valued the elderly....this picture makes it look like they are just casting them out

I thought that too. We've taken family pictures in my family before with elderly who needed to sit and everyone gathered around them not standing off to the side as though it was two seperate pictures.

I love Sarah... I hope that she gets her own life and escapes! Whether that is by marrying or some other way.

But I actually kind of like her dress (it's not a frumper!).

I thought the same thing. The dress actually has some detail to it, as though someone tried to make a modest dress stylish w/o being ostentatious. The whole outfit would look nicer if her hair were worn down with just the bangs pulled back into a clip.

That said, the dress is still more along the lines of something a 6 year old would wear shortened above the knee. But still, AM's dress is a step above the matching frumpers.

I imagine Grandad was sitting in that chair to begin with, (he is looking so frail!) and grandma pulled up a chair beside him and everyone else filled in. I also like that some of them are wearing a bit of red, white, and blue to acknowledge the 4th, but it's not done in an obnoxiously matchy matchy way. It looks like on a normal day they are free to not match (thank goodness)

I actually liked the pic because they didn't go out of the way to give a perfect image. This is actually the best pic I have ever seen of them!

)

I actually liked the pic because they didn't go out of the way to give a perfect image. This is actually the best pic I have ever seen of them!

Yes, I thought it seemed a little less rehearsed than most of the Maxwell pictures we've seen, and little more informal.

It's funny, I noticed Mary's crossed arms right away. The girls rarely cross their arms, for some reason, in pictures.

Yeah, Mary looked almost like a normal teen girl. She is getting to look more like Sarah as well. Poor Anna. She looks the spitting image of Teri. John is incredibly defrauding...

I'm sorry but AM looks pregnant there. Maybe it's just the camera angle, or perhaps it's that hideous potato sack dress... but yeah, I'm going with pregnant. I totally think that Steve or Teri read Free Jinger. They may act like our heathen opinions don't matter to them in any way, but it's human nature to want to feel accepted by others. The Duggars for instance, changed their style of clothing to become more mainstream , I think the Maxwells may do the same, albeit at a slower pace.

I'm sorry but AM looks pregnant there. Maybe it's just the camera angle, or perhaps it's that hideous potato sack dress... but yeah, I'm going with pregnant. I totally think that Steve or Teri read Free Jinger. They may act like our heathen opinions don't matter to them in any way, but it's human nature to want to feel accepted by others. The Duggars for instance, changed their style of clothing to become more mainstream , I think the Maxwells may do the same, albeit at a slower pace.

I thought the same thing re: AM being pregnant. The positioning of the boy (can't tell them apart) infront of her looks a bit odd and the dress is pretty hideous, even by Maxwell standards. Looks like a maternity dress to me. Good for them not wanting to share it with the world yet though.

More proof that the Maxwells, or at least Steve, read FJ.

I'm starting to think that he may read here as well. Just the other day, we were talking about how we never, ever hear anything about Chris and Anna, and lo and behold, they show up in a blog entry. We'd also been talking about their war against fun, and lately, they've been posting things that could come across as fun. Maybe it's just a matter of coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if he read here.

Sarah does need a guy of her own....

I really wish a hot, nice fundie-lite guy would somehow show up at one of their conventions and take an interest in her. Out of all the SAHDs we discuss, I think I'd be happiest to see her get married. I hope she finds a nice guy, though. I'd hate to see her end up with a domineering uber-patriarch.

John is incredibly defrauding...

LOL -- he is! I wonder if he knows that?

I, too, liked how they all made an effort to dress in patriotic colors. Odd for them, but it's good to see them having maybe (gasp!) a little bit of fun with the holiday. I think they will all burn in hell for going to a fireworks show, though. Unless they were able to pass out tracts and use the event (like the county fair) to evangelize. Then it was all in the name of the Lord.

Archived