IGNORED

Upcoming Baby Season

ophelia

Stephen and Rebecca (Serven) Loomis updated their blog. She's still pregnant. She looks good, I'm glad she got a successful pregnancy this time and also that she got to enjoy a couple of years of married life without childcare (I know it probably sounds more of a blessing to me than to her, they were probably trying since the wedding night!).

Based on the last post on December when they said she was on the second trimester, she should be due sometime soon, no? I'm guessing within the next 2 months.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, she looks do any time now. LL was allowed up again at 36 weeks, would make sense if that's about where Rebecca is.

Very glad to hear from my gateway dominionists the Loomii & feeling relieved, I am now going to attempt some humor here (stand back!):

I think it will be very funny if Baby Praise is born with recessive genes in force: pale skin, brown eyes and hair!!!

Yeah, I know. I kept my day job! The funny is supposed to be, two cute-as-button gingers have baby that isn't red- haired & blue-eyed.

Ok, no joke is worthy if it needs explaining. Mea dumbass culpa.

I do have a serious question which may have been covered: do dominionists generally choose not to learn the gender beforehand? It seems so 1981 to not know, or at least to not tell.

Why does he keep saying "they" and "their" when he's only talking about one baby?

That way they don't (or he doesn't) use a gender-specific pronoun.

Edited because my first answer did just what the Loomis blogger is doing!!!

Edited a second time because IIRC their have been times when Loomis posts seem to have been written by a unit that is both spouses. Which is fine but oddly anonymous. I'm sure others do it & there's no real reading

to snark on it, except that when dominionists write like that I think of a Borg.

Just my humble & dominionist-wary opinion. ;)

She looks very good! I'm glad this pregnancy went well for her.

If you expand the picture of the 2 of them where Rebecca is wearing the purple maternity top, you can see that Steven's hat has something "Loomis" embroidered on it.

Did I miss the news about Katie and Phillip Bradrick's newest baby? Most of Phillip's facebook is public. It looks like they have a second son, Asher Anthony, born in mid-February.

Did I miss the news about Katie and Phillip Bradrick's newest baby? Most of Phillip's facebook is public. It looks like they have a second son, Asher Anthony, born in mid-February.

But the real question is...has the poor thing been stricken with the Bradrick ears? :shock:

They seem to stick with normal names, not Perseverance or Defender or Loyal. Wonder what brother Pete thinks about so worldly names...

We missed another one: David & Monica Brown got their second kid and first son, whose second name, thank God, is Endurance. Does anybody know if David has finished the house he started building as a 13 year old kid? If they keep breeding at this pace they are soon going to need all those extra rooms.

Link: scottbrownonline.com/william-edward-endurance-is-born/

They seem to stick with normal names, not Perseverance or Defender or Loyal. Wonder what brother Pete thinks about so worldly names...

We missed another one: David & Monica Brown got their second kid and first son, whose second name, thank God, is Endurance. Does anybody know if David has finished the house he started building as a 13 year old kid? If they keep breeding at this pace they are soon going to need all those extra rooms.

Link: scottbrownonline.com/william-edward-endurance-is-born/

Good God, how old is his wife now... all of 20? And I think they got married Spring of 2010. Looks like they are also on the baby a year plan so there's the potential to have literally a dozen kids by the time she is 30. How can anyone think this is a good idea!?!?!?

it is all about taking over the world.. aaaaand children are a blessing. don't cha know?!?!

sometimes I'm glad those fundie women don't wear bikinis. Imagine what their bellies (and other parts of their body) most look like.

In the video of the 1st anniversary of SB's church plant, I think I spot a VERY pregnant Blair? Gosh, she only gave birth in Sep. Talk about quick. Unfortunately Kelly is sitting down with one of her children on her lap hiding the belly.

vimeo.com/40098225

Seems like Beth Ten Dolle is in labour. According to FB.

Ophelia, you need to update a lot. *lol*

In the video of the 1st anniversary of SB's church plant, I think I spot a VERY pregnant Blair? Gosh, she only gave birth in Sep. Talk about quick. Unfortunately Kelly is sitting down with one of her children on her lap hiding the belly.

vimeo.com/40098225

I knew she was pregnant again; not because I actually know anything but because there is no other reason for her to be alive. These people are obsessed with pregnancy and baby collecting. A non pregnant woman is not fulfilling her duties.

Lauren Zimmerman is expecting again, according to FB. Her comment on Melissa N.'s post said November 26th.

But no Ten Dolle/Serven baby yet.

it is all about taking over the world.. aaaaand children are a blessing. don't cha know?!?!

sometimes I'm glad those fundie women don't wear bikinis. Imagine what their bellies (and other parts of their body) most look like.

Heidi Klum has had 4 and looks fan freaking tastitic, but then again, that's probably due to genetics and a good personal trainer....

Stephanie Nielson (NieNie) had her 5th kid a few weeks ago. Did anyone else think the middle name they chose was weird? They named her Charlotte Christiansdatter Nielson. WTF? Is that even a real middle name???

Stephanie Nielson (NieNie) had her 5th kid a few weeks ago. Did anyone else think the middle name they chose was weird? They named her Charlotte Christiansdatter Nielson. WTF? Is that even a real middle name???

My understanding is that in Icelandic and Scandinavian cultures a girl child can be named to honor her ancestor(s) with a name like Davidsdottir (daughter of David) or Evasdotter (daughter of Eva). Clementine oranother of our FJians from the north could confirm or deny.

FWIW I love the idea,

My understanding is that in Icelandic and Scandinavian cultures a girl child can be named to honor her ancestor(s) with a name like Davidsdottir (daughter of David) or Evasdotter (daughter of Eva). Clementine oranother of our FJians from the north could confirm or deny.

FWIW I love the idea,

Yeah, I was going to say that. In the same way that a boy might end up with a name like Jackson/Johnson/Christianson/etc.

I do think it sounds strange in this context, because she already has the last name Nielson. The connection to her father and his ancestors is implied through that, without the need for a weird middle name.

I wonder where the Nielsons originally come from. The baby's middle name sounds a bit strange, since I think it is usually "dotter", but she is ChristiansdAtter. At least in Iceland they have dotter (the singer Björk Gudmundsdottir for instance) but I don't know about Denmark or Norway. In Sweden it is "dotter" too. Maybe "datter" is some anciet Scandinavian, or they majorly fucked up with the name ;)

I'm from Finland and we have something similar but it is quite rare to have a name like that. However, the word we have is not "dotter" or "son" since Finnish has _nothing_ to do with other Nordic languages.

Archived