IGNORED

Duggar Article on Yahoo News

supernova8610

Thanks- I hadn't seen this yet. It seems a lot more critical of the Duggars than other mainstream media articles.

The comments are pretty nutty- a lot of people are upset that he was critical of the "perfect, Christian, debt-free family"... :puke-front:

The comments are a hoot. None of those folks read the byline and that it was an Atlantic Wire story purchased by Yahoo. The sheeple react without thinking.

I thought it was great that the Atlantic pointed out the whole submission business, they were spot on.

This is a really good article, and he hit on a lot of very true points. I'm especially interested in how there was a shot of the flier when there usually isn't a close enough shot of something like that.

Michelle Duggar, the broodmare who gave birth to this baseball team,

I LOL'd.

there was a single shot that said much more -- the camera panned over a handout that Michelle brought to the event, and the content was pretty unsettling.

I wasn't he only one with freeze frame!

May this be the first critical article of many!

And here I thought Visionoyaweh was a writer for the Atlantic.

I wish! :lol:

I bet that shot is edited out of the rerun. No way they let it stay in now that people 'know'.

I wish! :lol:

I bet that shot is edited out of the rerun. No way they let it stay in now that people 'know'.

I bet if you wrote to the author of the article you could get a copy of that shot :D

I did send a nice note to the Atlantic about the article. I told them it was a new first, and it was a good thing that it was picked up by Yahoo since more of the kool aid drinkers would read it. (Yea and I used the term kool aid drinker :dance: )

The comments are special, but there are a few sane ones in there!

At least this article didn't treat them with kid gloves like the rest of the media does.

So that's why the rage-junkies watch this horrorshow, to get that electric adrenalin rush of anger at what a strange and backwards belief system these seemingly cheery and wholesome creatures actually operate under.

I think he means us! :lol:

Where's my post? Arghhh....anyway, spot on article. Only criticism/question is did he get the ages of the kids wrong?

Refreshing to read something truthful.

Thanks- I hadn't seen this yet. It seems a lot more critical of the Duggars than other mainstream media articles.

The comments are pretty nutty- a lot of people are upset that he was critical of the "perfect, Christian, debt-free family"... :puke-front:

Those types of comments always come up in any article about the Duggars. I'm glad that article is out and maybe others in the mainstream media will start to see what the Duggars are about.

I have noticed that Duggar defenders always think that people who dislike or are critical of the Duggars are anti-Christian. I think a lot of people dislike the Duggars for their sexist views and their views on education and career and the fact that the older girls are pratically 24/7 babysitters.

Those types of comments always come up in any article about the Duggars. I'm glad that article is out and maybe others in the mainstream media will start to see what the Duggars are about.

I have noticed that Duggar defenders always think that people who dislike or are critical of the Duggars are anti-Christian. I think a lot of people dislike the Duggars for their sexist views and their views on education and career and the fact that the older girls are pratically 24/7 babysitters.

That's the thing with Duggar defenders. There always say "it's normal for people from a large family to help out." Yes. It is. I'm the oldest of my family and I helped my mom look after my youngest sister from time to time. The difference? I was not her "buddy." I did not have to constantly watcher her, dress her, feed her etc. The thing that crossed the line for me was when they did a segment on naptime and Jessa was insisting that Hannie refer to her as "ma'am" and seemed to be the one discipling her for not napping. Discipline should be a parent's job.

That's the thing with Duggar defenders. There always say "it's normal for people from a large family to help out." Yes. It is. I'm the oldest of my family and I helped my mom look after my youngest sister from time to time. The difference? I was not her "buddy." I did not have to constantly watcher her, dress her, feed her etc. The thing that crossed the line for me was when they did a segment on naptime and Jessa was insisting that Hannie refer to her as "ma'am" and seemed to be the one discipling her for not napping. Discipline should be a parent's job.

I agree it is normal for older siblings to help out from time to to time like you have mentioned that you did with your sister. My mom is the youngest of 8 kids and her family was also a ranching family. My mom said her older sisters helped out my grandma when things were really busy. But they weren't constant caregivers and her older sisters left home between the ages of 18-20.

I laos remember that incident with Jessa and Hannie and I thought the whole thing about wanting Hannie to call her "ma'am" was too much and I got the feeling that if cameras hadn't been around, Jessa would have spanked Hannie.

I could not read the comments... they made me too mad. Really? This many people are really going to defend the Duggars?

Good lord. If anything, you'd think people would be disgusted by reality tv in general... I mean, everything on it is a freak show.

(Which is why I watch this and Sister Wives... Mmmwwwhuhahaha! While at the same time hating myself for doing so!)

I could not read the comments... they made me too mad. Really? This many people are really going to defend the Duggars?

Good lord. If anything, you'd think people would be disgusted by reality tv in general... I mean, everything on it is a freak show.

(Which is why I watch this and Sister Wives... Mmmwwwhuhahaha! While at the same time hating myself for doing so!)

Reality show TV is a freak show and a car wreck that you can't turn away from. Not everything on reality TV is staged, but a lot of it is and sometimes it is entertaining to catch the things that don't look or sound right. Some of the events on the Duggar show, like the visits to certain places are staged and Grandma Mary's surprise birthday party was staged and a few other family events are staged for the show to have material.

People will always defend the white wholesome Christian Duggars and to the defenders the Duggars are pillars of the community, while the Teen Mom girls, Kardashains etc are the ebil sinners of the community. In some ways the Teen Mom girls are better than the J'Slaves. Some of the TM girls actually know what it is like to have jobs and to be attending an actual college.

Hive vagina, hags, rage junkies...FJ'ers certainly are accumulating nicknames . Agree with the author of the article though. I could not bring myself to watch this episode as I did not want to turn into a raging, vagina hag.

I just think that even if you were mainstream Christian, you'd find the Duggars wacko... But then, I've dated an evangelical Christian... And it's been my observation that they live with a constant sense of still being persecuted. It made me laugh. I remember the ex talking about other countries where converted Christians are being killed for their beliefs. This may be the truth, but the way he stated it... I immediately pictured lions and Christians in the Collesseum in Rome. It seemed funny to me because Christianity is one of the biggest, most practiced religions on the planet. Persecution? PLEASE. Try growing up atheist and we'll talk about persecution... I had to closet myself for many years.

So, anyway, it must be that anyone attacking any Christian causes these Christians to feel personally attacked... even if they don't agree with the Christians in question. I just hate this whole "Oh, pity me. I stand for my faith and it's always getting persecuted." line.

I just think that even if you were mainstream Christian, you'd find the Duggars wacko... But then, I've dated an evangelical Christian... And it's been my observation that they live with a constant sense of still being persecuted. It made me laugh. I remember the ex talking about other countries where converted Christians are being killed for their beliefs. This may be the truth, but the way he stated it... I immediately pictured lions and Christians in the Collesseum in Rome. It seemed funny to me because Christianity is one of the biggest, most practiced religions on the planet. Persecution? PLEASE. Try growing up atheist and we'll talk about persecution... I had to closet myself for many years.

So, anyway, it must be that anyone attacking any Christian causes these Christians to feel personally attacked... even if they don't agree with the Christians in question. I just hate this whole "Oh, pity me. I stand for my faith and it's always getting persecuted." line.

This reminds me of something a friend of mine always says. He's a gay man who grew up in suburban IL with devout Catholic parents who locked him out of the house temporarily when he came out the first time, at age 17 (don't get me started on how he had to come out twice - some time after the first coming out, they asked me if I was his girlfriend). Anyway, his public high school had no GSA, but they did have a Christian Athletes Association. His take?

"Those Christian athletes? Yeah, they really have to stick together. They have such a hard time of it."

This reminds me of something a friend of mine always says. He's a gay man who grew up in suburban IL with devout Catholic parents who locked him out of the house temporarily when he came out the first time, at age 17 (don't get me started on how he had to come out twice - some time after the first coming out, they asked me if I was his girlfriend). Anyway, his public high school had no GSA, but they did have a Christian Athletes Association. His take?

"Those Christian athletes? Yeah, they really have to stick together. They have such a hard time of it."

Yes. Their lives are so rough. :snort:

I really liked the way he cut through the BS and pointed out TLC's manipulation and lack of ethics. But I hate the fact that he refers to M as a "broodmare". It's dehumanizing and a cheap shot.

I had to laugh at this comment.

Krisanda • 1 hr 14 mins ago

This writer OBVIOUSLY dislikes the Duggar family and the way they live their lives, so why did he take on the task of writing this story? The Duggars are an old fashioned WONDERFUL example of a loving family and if there were more people like them, this world would be a much better place. Richard Lawson, you should be ashamed of yourself. The first paragraph alone made me pity you. More power to the Duggars.

Oh yet the

If there were more people like the Duggars in the world, that means workplaces and certain sections of society would be functioning poorly because there would be no working women. Also the Duggars aren't very loving to various types of people and they aren't very loving to the environment.

Archived