IGNORED

First Fundie Sighting

Future Teacher

So last night my boyfriend I and went out to dinner at a local resturant. We were talking towards the enterance when a woman came out ahead of us. She was dressed very modestly; think of it like Joanne from "Narrow is the Way". We were both attempting to go through the same door so I opened it, smiled, and said, "Excuse us." She glared at me and then stormed off.

I bet she was angry because I was an ebil woman wearing pants and HOLDING HANDS with a boy. It made my night :D

I know a girl who used to work at a restaurant and said there was a bunch of fundie families that came in together on a certain night of the week. The amount of people sitting together where gratuity was already added was something like 15. They would sit 14 to a table. Not only did they avoid tipping the automatic 15%, they wouldn't tip anything.

Guest Anonymous

After my first real fundie encounter (the one where my neighbor threatened to shove a Bible up a fundie's ass for preaching hellfire & damnation instead of helping him & the rest of us look for his missing wife & son after a tornado destroyed his house). I really don't want to encounter any more. Hearing about shit like that on TV or reading about on the internet is one thing but being confronted with it is entirely different.

When I'm out in public, I really don't notice what people other people are doing or wearing unless it really, really sticks out....like "cultural" dress, nearly naked, or cause some kind of scene. Where I come from a lot non-fundies wear frumpers & long skirts, so that doesn't catch my attention. I guess that's because my parents taught me a long time ago "don't stare, it's rude". Just to clarify, when I say "cultural" dress I am not implying that I think negatively of it or the person wearing it. It's just not something I see all the time because I live in a very rural area.

Archived