IGNORED

Providence Called "She" on VF FB

DomWackTroll

"What a sweet face she has."

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=427118154963&set=a.89564979963.21437.56307449963&type=1

Oh, Christine M. Hosie-- can't you see that this is a manly, MANLY child?

It's understandable, considering that Providence was traditionally a "girl's" name. Right up there with Patience, Constance, and Mercy.

If parents are going to give their kid a weird name like Providence, how can they expect people to know if it's a boy or a girl?

"What a sweet face she has."

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=427118154963&set=a.89564979963.21437.56307449963&type=1

Oh, Christine M. Hosie-- can't you see that this is a manly, MANLY child?

Ha ha Dougie! Your epistemological naming was an EPIC FAIL :!:

It's understandable, considering that Providence was traditionally a "girl's" name. Right up there with Patience, Constance, and Mercy.

If he and ole' Beall-zebub spawn another boy they should name him "Charity" so that poor Providence doesn't feel left out.

If he and ole' Beall-zebub spawn another boy they should name him "Charity" so that poor Providence doesn't feel left out.

Naw, I think they should name him Chastity.

Don't they know that unless there's a huge obnoxious bow and/or flower sprouting out of their head, it's a boy.

In the photo, the kid is wearing a purple coat. I would have guessed he was a girl, too.

In the photo, the kid is wearing a purple coat. I would have guessed he was a girl, too.

Purple... Like Tinky Winky! Doug, can't you see that between the name and the color, poor Providence is bound to become a sodomite? It's all environment, after all, according your own teachings.

I love that the person who defends Providence from a random "buck teeth" comment also believes him to be a girl. Even the people who like your family can't get them right with that name, Dougie :snooty:

I think the jacket may be red or burgundy. Either way, the photo has had some touch-ups, or else VERY well-done lighting. No one's eyes look like that in a completely natural setting.

The comments just keep getting better: "It's quite forward thinking of his father to take a traditionally girl's name and make it gender neutral, though."

A little FJ mischief, perhaps?

You would think a person like Doug, who is such an "expert" on the history of Christianity in the U.S. would know that Providence was used as a Puritan girls name . . . Or, you know, done a google search on it:

http://babynamer.com/Providence

http://www.gpeters.com/names/baby-names ... &button=Go

Based on popular usage, it is 3.797 times more common for Providence to be a girl's name.When naming your baby Providence, it's important to consider the gender of the name itself. When people look at the name Providence, they might ask the question, "is Providence a man or a woman?", or "what is the gender of the name Providence?" Some names are more gender neutral than others, and some names are more strongly associated with either males or females.

I am shocked Doug didn't do proper research!

The comments just keep getting better: "It's quite forward thinking of his father to take a traditionally girl's name and make it gender neutral, though."

A little FJ mischief, perhaps?

Haha awesome!

And this one:

Naaw such a cutie! Reminds me so much of my sweet niece Liliana.

Sure, but purple is the royal color of Queens. [and Kings]

(edited: I meant to write Kings, not Queens, because the boy is a boy and not a girl in spite of his name, hair, lips, blue eyes or coat color, but really, none of it really makes sense to me this late)

I thought purple was just the color of royalty, period.

The coat appears to be burgundy, thought. And holy shit, those eyes.

Yes, you're right and I edited. About the eyes, I wonder if they were photo-shopped or altered in some way?

For months strangers called my eldest son a girl - She's so pretty, What long eye-lashes he has! etc. He was born in winter and usually wrapped in non-gender specific blankets or inside a sling, and he had this amazingly beautiful & smooth, porcelain skin and long dark lashes. My husband would always correct people, I didn't care either way except to feel some motherly pride in my handsome baby.

Is it just me, or does Providence appear to be wearing...lip gloss? It looks gorgeous on you, sweetie, but don't let dear old dad find out about it. You're on the set of MANHOOD, after all!

Archived