IGNORED

Boycotting halal Butterballs

The Archivist

The animal is supposed to be raised humanely during it's lifetime. Then when it is slaughtered it is to be taken out of the sight of the other animals, faced East and an extremely sharp blade used to cut it's throat. (during this time you say, "Allah Akbar" aka God is great) The stroke must be quick as well as immediately sever the carotid and jugular so the animal is usually unconscious in a matter of seconds. The irony is most of these fundie Christians don't realize Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. The Arab Christians say Allah when talking about God. It is the same god os Abraham, Isaac, Jesus, etc.,

Muslims are allowed to eat any animal slaughtered by al-kitaab or people of the book. If the method is done correctly by a Jew or Christian then it is considered "halal." However very few Christians slaughter the halal manner so the store meat is often off limits to us. Kosher meat is slaughtered according to our specifications so we are permitted to eat it.

i dont see anything wrong with that at all.

people are weird. there are extremes in any culture/religion. but even animals at the factory are killed by having their throat cut..or is it the prayers specifically that they are bitching about?

Kosher and halal are not always interchangeable. Islam forbids alcohol for instance so chocolate that is kosher is usually not halal. (damn vanillin and vanilla!)

wow, my friend whose father is an imam they all eat chocolate. They decided/learnt/found out that vinegar was ok, but they usually avoid things with alcohol for instance many pastry (puff pastry, pie crusts) have alcohol in them - some brands make them without alcohol (in France)... but yeah I don't think they ever thought that vanilla extract is made with alcohol... I wonder what's their take on it...

I'm not anti-Muslim or anti-Islam. However I'm anti-Islamists. I oppose religious fundamentalism like Islamism, which I think has little to do with Islam. Most Muslims are not Islamists.

Sorry, that's not what I intended. There's just not a very elegant way of saying "anti-Muslim...ists." But thanks for the clarification.

wow, my friend whose father is an imam they all eat chocolate. They decided/learnt/found out that vinegar was ok, but they usually avoid things with alcohol for instance many pastry (puff pastry, pie crusts) have alcohol in them - some brands make them without alcohol (in France)... but yeah I don't think they ever thought that vanilla extract is made with alcohol... I wonder what's their take on it...

Not all vanilla is and you can find chocó that is safe, but you just can't count on the kosher symbol on some prepared foods that might have alcohol.

I only know because I had a hard time finding some local stuff for my friends in Egypt. I have now exhausted my knowledge on the subject by sharing that :)

Archived