IGNORED

Arkansas Democrat's Child's Cat Murdered....

somewhereinbetween

Low and cowardly. I don't know what I did if it was MY animal or my kid's animal. I would destroy the person's car.

I just saw this on my facebook feed. It's sick that this is what this country's version of "political discourse" has been reduced to and it's time for both parties to stand up and say, "This isn't right. Don't do this." At some level, the politicians have to take responsibility for the level of invective. We've reduced the other side to seem less than human and it's got to stop.

This is awful. If someone did this to my pets....well let me just say I would go to prison for what I did to punish that creep.

Totally worth it and totally would not lose sleep over it. Who hurts animals, hurts people weaker then IT, too. I'd do society a big favor.

I just saw this on my facebook feed. It's sick that this is what this country's version of "political discourse" has been reduced to and it's time for both parties to stand up and say, "This isn't right. Don't do this." At some level, the politicians have to take responsibility for the level of invective. We've reduced the other side to seem less than human and it's got to stop.

This.

Not to mention that for a lot of these creeps, I get the uncomfortable feeling that the cat is standing in for women.

This particular event has me completely pissed off.

The cat belonged to Ken Aden's campaign manager, Jacob Burris. The Burris family found the cat after returning home from church. Actually Mr. Burris' FIVE year old son found the cat. The Russellville police department told they press they weren't sure if this was a threat or not...WTF is wrong with the Police in that town.

And to top it off Congressman Steve Womack's father stated publicly that he thought the cat murder was a publicity stunt because Aden doesn't accept corporate money and it was a way for him to get his name out there. Congressman Womack's father owns KURM in Rogers, AR and has his own radio show.

Congressman Womack has yet to personally condemn this act. He let one of his staff flunkies make a statement.

Just got a tweet Blue Arkansas is down. MSNBC is running the story on its website. My other half found the story at Yahoo news. It's also made Politico and Huffington Post.

I am a mom of human children and cat children. I will do all I can to further Ken Aden's campaign.

ETA: Boob and Mullet supported Congressman Womack's first campaign after their first choice lost to Womack in a run off election.

ETA2: Just tried to view Congressman Womack's web page and got this message: Profile Unavailable Sorry, this profile is not available at the moment. Please try again shortly. I have NEVER seen that message on a facebook profile before.

I read about this tonight on Daily Kos where there were at least three threads about the murder of this innocent cat. Apparently this incident has been reported to the FBI and not just the local cops.

I keep thinking it's going to turn out to be fake, but then I read today that the radio station has been giving out the names and addresses of campaign workers and saying threatening things on the air?

I wonder how common this sort of crap is.

(FWIW, I used to think it was really rare. Then I was a staffer [non partisan--think IT person] @ state leg. There were a lot of 'open secrets'--it was common knowledge [impossible to prove] which partisan staffer had tried to do a godfather scene and killed a rep's horse, etc)

It's unconscionable.

You know, I think that just made something click in my brain. Unless politics improve significantly in the next 10 years, I don't think I want to live here anymore.

Poor cat. Poor cat's family.

Holy sh**, that's awful. I feel so sorry for the family, esp. the kids.

And "Liberal"? Really? Has it become that dirty to be a liberal in parts of the US? Seriously.

Ah, this is so terrible!

Archived