IGNORED

Kristina update, twins had RSV

library_youth

Kristina posted yesterday that her twins had RSV and that the girl twin (Raegan) had to go the hospital and receive breathing treatments. Kloe had a bad cold, but she says all three are doing better now.

Her mom is still helping out from what I read in the post. Kristina noted that she and her mom spent many nights "calming choking babies and giving breathing treatments." Where was Josh?

She also posted some new pictures. One is of the boy twin in a purple bumbo seat and she captioned it "Brayden - pardon the purple bumbo, it was Kloe's." Oh noes, a BOY in a purple seat! :roll:

Glad the kids aren't sick anymore. She also said she's been feeling better herself and has gotten over her last mono flare-up.

kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com

Wow, her oldest is over a year and not even close to saying words? I know I routinely defend the younger Duggars and their speech, but THIS concerns me. A child of over a year SHOULD be making the sounds for a version of 'Mama'. And the fact that she says 'oh-wee' for 'balloon', which isn't even an attempt at the correct sounds, is very abnormal. That child needs a hearing check stat, and if that comes back normal, should get a full battery of tests because that is NOT normal child speech behavior.

The older child's speech isn't normal. OTOH during that first critical year how much quality time can you get from a mom who gets pregnant with twins when you are about 3 months old? I hope Kristina finds a nice barrier method of birth control and has some sensible spacing with any additional children...Honestly...I hope she decides that three is enough.

The older child's speech isn't normal. OTOH during that first critical year how much quality time can you get from a mom who gets pregnant with twins when you are about 3 months old? I hope Kristina finds a nice barrier method of birth control and has some sensible spacing with any additional children...Honestly...I hope she decides that three is enough.

Kloe's most important development time has been spent with a mom pregnant with twins. A mom who had a rough pregnancy with sickness and exhaustion. Kristina was not exactly an engaged mom for those months. By her first birthday, mom was so big and worn out with a twin pregnancy, she was probably even less engaged with the daughter she already had. Now, at 16 months, she can't even say 'momma'. Then, the twins come home and they obviously take all of mom's time and energy, even with help from grandma. To compound it all, mom is sick from a 'mono flare up' in those first weeks. Then the twins get sick and there is a hospital stay and breathing treatments at home.

When it comes down to it, the first three months of her life were the only time she was the main focus of her parents, particularly her mother.

What's worse, for Kloe, is that in a matter of months Kristina will be pregnant again, thus sick again since she doesn't seem to have easy pregnancies, then caring for a newborn again. Kloe's time as an important person in her own right was a short three months, not counting her time in the womb. She will never again be anyone's priority.

Her mom moved in with them when she was pregnant, has she been living there this whole time? Maybe they should think of not having any more kids at the moment if they can't handle them alone without someone living with them for months on end. However I agree that she will probably be pregnant again soon.

And yes, where was Kristina's wonderful perfect husband Josh in the middle of the night when she and her mom were taking care of sick babies?

I've never thought of purple as being a strictly girl color either. Although if they care so much why didn't they buy gender neutral baby gear if they were planning on being Quiverfull?

My boy is two months older than Kristina's first and says at least 70 words, probably closer to 100 if you count those he says in his father's language.

While it certainly helps, you shouldn't have to be particularly engaged with an infant for them to pick up language. Cognitive development aside, being in an environment where you are exposed to language is enough for a normal human child to develop normal language skills. They can pick it up from listening to adults in conversation. There are cultures where an infant/toddler is never spoken to and is not interacted with outside of being cared for by adults. These children experience no language delays. Unless Khloe grew up in an environment where she was neither frequently spoken to nor had frequent and regular exposure to language, I don't think this can be placed on her mother...with the exception that Kristina didn't do anything to help and should have noticed the issue by now.

It sounds like Khloe has a hearing issue that is preventing her from hearing phonemes (the individual sounds that make up a language) clearly. If that's the case, she needs intervention quickly to prevent lasting damage and language issues. If it's not that, then she may have some motor skill or language/communication delays/disorders. I'd be interested to know how her eye contact is.

Actually, she said the little girl was saying new words every day, just not Mama. My perfectly typical nineteen month old didn't say Mama or Mommy until sixteen months, but he said a lot of other words. He talks in complete sentences most of the time now, though he calla Thomas the Train "Babu.". No idea why.

So while i agree Khloe has been shortchanged on the attention front, I'm not ready to draw any conclusions about delays. If she is saying new words every day, the lack of Mama doesn't worry me.

I didn't speak at all until 18 months, which really worried my mother. Then all the sudden I started speaking in full sentences.

Kristina is obviously very fertile, but she doesn't seem cut out for having dozens of babies.

Actually, she said the little girl was saying new words every day, just not Mama. My perfectly typical nineteen month old didn't say Mama or Mommy until sixteen months, but he said a lot of other words. He talks in complete sentences most of the time now, though he calla Thomas the Train "Babu.". No idea why.

So while i agree Khloe has been shortchanged on the attention front, I'm not ready to draw any conclusions about delays. If she is saying new words every day, the lack of Mama doesn't worry me.

This. I'm a little shocked that people are ready to internet-diagnose the kid with delays because she doesn't say mama and because she calls a balloon an "ow-ee" or whatever. My son DID have a speech delay and his speech therapist told me any sound that is used over and over for the same object counts as a word. For instance, for whatever reason, he called trucks "dyes." It didn't matter - that counted as a word.

A 1yr old who is saying new words every day is not a problem. Of course she will mis-pronounce some of them. Big deal.

I wonder if Kristina is already knocked up again. I don't envy her at all. Ugh.

Meh. I wasn't Internet diagnosing. I wasn't really even fully commenting on her speech other than not saying mamma which I have to admit I think is weird but whatever. I don't have kids and know nothing about developmental milestones and what is and isn't expected or normal for a 16 month old.

I was commenting on what I see overall in that little girl's life. Her mother has been preoccupied all but three months of her life, whether with the pregnancy discomfort or with taking care of newborn twins. Kloe has had her mom's full attention for all of three out of her 16 months of life. That is what I find disturbing. And I find it even more disturbing that their track record indicates that Kloe will turn two with a pregnant, preoccupied mom, just as she turned one.

And if there are speech or other issues, Kristina won't notice or give any of it enough validity to do anything about it. She'll either be caring for her infant twins or fight the all day nausea and total exhaustion she seems to get with pregnancy...then recovering from another birth, possibly another 'mono' flare up or Fibromyalgia flare up , along with yet another newborn AND one year old twins.

Kristina has proven her fertility and proven, as well as stated, that they won't use birth control. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how Kloe's life is going to be, and how her mother's life will be. And Kloe will be the one lost in the baby making madness.

And Kloe will be the one lost in the baby making madness.

Oh come on, of course not! After all, she's going to be mommy's little helper.

She'll be changing diapers and doing chores before she can add 1 + 1 or read.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 15 year old changing diapers and doing chores.*

* Note: this is a swipe at fundies' lack of interest in the education of girl children, not a swipe at Chloe herself (and yes, I'm spelling it that way on purpose)

She will never again be anyone's priority.

This is sad. Anytime I start feeling annoyed that the MV is going to be seven or eight before she has another sibling at the rate I'm going, I think of situations like this. My girl's had 4.5 years (not counting my deployment year) of being my priority.

Her mother has been preoccupied all but three months of her life, whether with the pregnancy discomfort or with taking care of newborn twins. Kloe has had her mom's full attention for all of three out of her 16 months of life. That is what I find disturbing. And I find it even more disturbing that their track record indicates that Kloe will turn two with a pregnant, preoccupied mom, just as she turned one.

And if there are speech or other issues, Kristina won't notice or give any of it enough validity to do anything about it. She'll either be caring for her infant twins or fight the all day nausea and total exhaustion she seems to get with pregnancy...then recovering from another birth, possibly another 'mono' flare up or Fibromyalgia flare up , along with yet another newborn AND one year old twins.

Kristina has proven her fertility and proven, as well as stated, that they won't use birth control. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how Kloe's life is going to be, and how her mother's life will be. And Kloe will be the one lost in the baby making madness.

This, exactly.

Kristina isn't too concerned with education (see her posts on college) so it doesn't really matter as long as Kloe (?) is saved and obeys whoever is her authority (parents, pastor, husband). Who needs to read or know math?

Even if Kristina were willing to come back, she probably doesn't have the time. She's lucky if she has time to take a shower.

Oh come on, of course not! After all, she's going to be mommy's little helper.

I guess it won't really matter if she can speak or not!

Wow, her oldest is over a year and not even close to saying words? I know I routinely defend the younger Duggars and their speech, but THIS concerns me. A child of over a year SHOULD be making the sounds for a version of 'Mama'. And the fact that she says 'oh-wee' for 'balloon', which isn't even an attempt at the correct sounds, is very abnormal. That child needs a hearing check stat, and if that comes back normal, should get a full battery of tests because that is NOT normal child speech behavior.

Do you have a link to video?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived