IGNORED

Dougie (AKA "Tool") offended yet again by de ebil feminism

Marian the Librarian

From his latest blog postings (note the use of Big Important Words like "orthopraxy" and "morass"):

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

Hatred for God-appointed distinctions between men and women has been a central theme of media and education for close to a half a century now. From time to time there is a backlash against the feminist lobotomy of our once Christian culture, but rarely is a nuanced, thoughtful, biblical perspective presented. Offering such a perspective is part of the mission of this generation of Christians as we aspire to rescue the doctrine of the family, both in terms of its orthodoxy and orthopraxy, from the morass of egalitarianism. One thing is clear, decades of feminism has not helped women figure out their role in the family and society, and this article entitled “My husband, the perfect mom†on CNN today is one of sundry manifestations of the problem.

Yawn. Same old, same old. Come up with something more original, or steal something more original from someone else, Dougie.

I hate it when people try to say that America is a Christian nation. No, it's not. We are nation founded on religious freedom and most of the founders were not self-identified Christians, but deists and one who claimed no religion at all so to Dougie and anyone else who spouts such drivel- :obscene-birdiedoublegreen:

AAAAARGH. Jesus was a radical. He challenged the status quo repeatedly and was all FOR egalitarianism. Paul less so, but Jesus, heck he was the first feminist.

The subordination of women only happened when Christianity began to be assimilated into the mainstream culture.

The Bible alone in the hands of ignorant, power-hungry, narrow-minded people is a very dangerous thing (I know, stating the obvious, but hey).

AAAAARGH. Jesus was a radical. He challenged the status quo repeatedly and was all FOR egalitarianism. Paul less so, but Jesus, heck he was the first feminist.

The subordination of women only happened when Christianity began to be assimilated into the mainstream culture.

The Bible alone in the hands of ignorant, power-hungry, narrow-minded people is a very dangerous thing (I know, stating the obvious, but hey).

I have a distinct feeling that he and Jesus wouldn't be friends.

Can he actually read anything more than a headline?

Because if you, ya know, READ the whole article by Ayelet Waldman, you discover that she's:

a. a mother of 4 children

b. working through obstacles to breastfeed her baby, just like she did his siblings

c. happily married to the father of her children

d. got a husband who is an involved parent who actually spends time with his children and has a positive loving relationship with them

e. got children who will nevertheless seek Mommy when they really need comfort.

How exactly does this not seem like a perfect family?

And why, for fuck's sake, must there be a "nuanced, thoughtful, Biblical discussion" of this shizz? Oh, wait--the discussion must needs be BIBLICAL in order to reach Dougie's foregone conclusion.

There are tons of women and men out there, clergy and laypeople, who would beg to differ with Dougie's sexist worldview--but I guess they ain't doin' it rite.

I enjoin Dougie to insert, rotate, and repeat. As I asked Knight, first prove to this happy, single, self-supporting, financially comfortable grandma what-all patriarchy would do to benefit ME, and then we'll talk.

As I asked Knight, first prove to this happy, single, self-supporting, financially comfortable grandma what-all patriarchy would do to benefit ME, and then we'll talk.

It'll get you into heaven? I mean, I don't think that, but it's probably what Doug would say.

It'll get you into heaven? I mean, I don't think that, but it's probably what Doug would say.

And then I'd tell him, "I'm a Universalist and don't believe in the concept of limited salvation. Sucks to be you."

And then I'd tell him, "I'm a Universalist and don't believe in the concept of limited salvation. Sucks to be you."

Amen to that.

And I would tell him that "In my Orthodox Faith, we believe in the innate goodness of man, and God saves those who follow their conscience no matter what they believe in"

One thing is clear, decades of feminism has not helped women figure out their role in the family and society,

And if this were true, of course it would have nothing to do with men oppressing them! :roll:

The rest of that sounds like him throwing a bunch of big words at a wall and seeing which ones stick.

Oh look; more nonsense from Daffy Doug! All those fancy words are simply meant to cover his shame - like a fig leaf, but made entirely of pounded-out bullshit.

I do think it's possible to have a 'nuanced, thoughtful, Biblical discussion' of these matters – just not with Mr. Dressup.

He's the same tool who wanted to start an 'irenic' debate about whether or not it's right to end an ectopic pregnancy. He says it's wrong, and merely another form of elective abortion.

He isn't capable of irenic debate or nuanced, thoughtful conversation. He's more wedded to his dogma than is to his wife, whom he'd let die rather than counseling her to end a life-threatening pregnancy where the fetus has no chance of survival anyway.

Can he actually read anything more than a headline?

Because if you, ya know, READ the whole article by Ayelet Waldman, you discover that she's:

a. a mother of 4 children

b. working through obstacles to breastfeed her baby, just like she did his siblings

c. happily married to the father of her children

d. got a husband who is an involved parent who actually spends time with his children and has a positive loving relationship with them

e. got children who will nevertheless seek Mommy when they really need comfort.

How exactly does this not seem like a perfect family?

Because they dont buy his books and support his "movies"

Peripheral Vision Forum. That's what Lewis @ The Commandments Of Men calls Doug's enterprise.

Because Christianity is the reliance on Jesus Christ as Savior, not reliance on a set of behavioral rules to save us.

Doug scares me less than do the people who faithfully follow him, instead of Jesus.

Peripheral Vision Forum. That's what Lewis @ The Commandments Of Men calls Doug's enterprise.

Because Christianity is the reliance on Jesus Christ as Savior, not reliance on a set of behavioral rules to save us.

Doug scares me less than do the people who faithfully follow him, instead of Jesus.

I LOVE "Peripheral Vision Forum!"

:clap:

The rest of that sounds like him throwing a bunch of big words at a wall and seeing which ones stick.

Makes me think of this scene:

LDXSXkYoM5Y

I highly doubt that he could be Biblical and nuanced simultaneously.

Dougie wouldn't know "nuanced" if it whacked him upside the head.

Archived